TNA & WWE Ratings Discussion

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
The Oct. 18, 2012 episode of Impact Wrestling scored just a 1.0 rating and an average of 1.25 million viewers for the two-hour show on Spike TV.

Not a great number considering that the Impact after BFG has done 2 million viewers the past two years before this one.

The tv competition this year on thursday nights is just too great for TNA not only to gain an audience, but also keep the audience they already had. Thursday and Sunday are the most watched tv nights, which is why there are so many shows (and big events) on those nights.

Now if TNA were to go back to 9-11 on thursdays, the 18-49 rating may increase but I don't think the viewership would go up. If it did, it would be slight.

I'd like to see Spike put TNA on Friday nights from 9-11 for a trial period and see how they do. Wrestling is on almost every day of the week now and it may help TNA to be on during a time when their is already an established wrestling fan base (namely the 2.5 million viewers watching Smackdown.)

It would only compete with Smackdown from 9-10 and I think the current Smackdown show leaves fans unsatisfied and they may be likely to check out the alternative.

Also, I'm not looking to "destroy" Smackdown. Wrestling received it's highest viewership when the big two companies were on the same night and in the long run, Smackdown and Impact being on the same night may be beneficial to both shows. Competition breeds success, right?

Anyway, TNA on thursdays leaves me little hope of seeing any ratings success in the future.

Also, I understand TNA might be on when it's on because in 2013 it will be a lead in for Bellator and what not, my opinion will probably change once 2013 gets here.

Btw, does anyone know what the viewership or rating was for the Countdown to Bound For Glory show?

Also...
@ChallengeTV: Oooh Go Challenge! More people watched Challenge on Wednesday night than ever before! Highest ever share of viewing!

People from the UK have always been good for visiting the prison, so that's for you. Bound For Glory was the most watched show/event on Challenge ever, pretty cool.
I haven't been able to find the amount but I'd assume 300,000 viewers?

:p Two Prison Legends in the same thread once again.

Jenks to your point ratings are terrible now a days. Blame whatever you want but fundamentally it comes down to lack of interest in wrestling in general. I don't think it's fully the products fault but honestly there's nothing that appealing in wrestling right now...save Hogan's sex tape which I hear wasn't even that good.... but still with no mainstream appeal wrestling can only go so far...

I think your spot on when saying there needs to be more competition. Clearly some kind of controversy or competition might get people talking again.

I mean look at the forums there was possibly the lowest amount of people on today then there has been in a very long while. Is it that wrestling is losing its touch... Maybe..

Btw, does anyone know what the viewership or rating was for the Countdown to Bound For Glory show?

Also...

People from the UK have always been good for visiting the prison, so that's for you. Bound For Glory was the most watched show/event on Challenge ever, pretty cool.
I haven't been able to find the amount but I'd assume 300,000 viewers?

That's not a big accomplishment or even an accomplishment at all. Challenge is a shit channel, they show repeats of game shows from like 10 or 20 years ago and it's a free channel, so TNA is easily gonna do good numbers in the UK.

That's not a big accomplishment or even an accomplishment at all. Challenge is a shit channel, they show repeats of game shows from like 10 or 20 years ago and it's a free channel, so TNA is easily gonna do good numbers in the UK.

If Jenks has his numbers right 300,000 views is a GREAT number. Regardless of what they show, what the cost was whatever it was, people are watching the show in Britain...

I think and don't know this for certain but if this station did show other TNA PPV's on replay in the past and this PPV broke a record it can only mean good things for TNA.

The station shows all the pay per views of the year for tna and it also shows impact and explosion so it is good things for tna over here

If Jenks has his numbers right 300,000 views is a GREAT number.

I just guessed 300,000 because Impacts have done about 250k viewers before and if it's most watched show ever on the channel, 300k and up seemed about right.

If Jenks has his numbers right 300,000 views is a GREAT number.

I just guessed 300,000 because Impacts have done 250k viewers before and if it's most watched show ever on the channel, 300k and up seemed about right.

Monday's WWE Raw got a 2.48 rating. Lowest rating in 15 years for a non-holiday show.

The debate obviously is a big part of the cause.

As for the Raw product, I'm only interested in a couple things like Punk segments and even though I like Team Hell No, it's not like they're being written to co-headline a show.

I'm basically waiting for something to change and looking forward to a number of debuts, but don't know how this new talent would be used any better then the current new talent.

There are a lot of names I want to get behind on the WWE roster, I actually think WWE's roster is better then TNA's ( and I'm way more loyal to TNA) and I might even go as far to say FCW's roster is comparable to TNA's.

I think Rhodes, Dibiase, Cesaro, Alex Riley, and a number of other talent have loads of potential but at the moment, I'm just not interested.

There really isn't any excuse why Ted Dibiase isn't on his way to being a top babyface (I know he's had injuries but this natural born babyface hasn't been one in his 5 years with the E) and Alex Riley isn't becoming a Triple H-esque heel.

Politics/tenure are definitely part to blame for the current product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back