• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Wrestling Action Figure Sales Exceed Expectations

MachoMadness1988

HISTORY BECKONS THE MACHO MAN!
TNA action figure sales have exceeded Jakks expectations according to a report by Action Figure Insider. AFI has issued a report on Jakks from Toy Fair 2011:

“TNA sales exceeded Jakks expectations during the holidays. Jakks is really going to be diving into the TNA roster. We will see figures such as Matt Hardy, Mr. Anderson, a new Samoa Joe sculpt, more Jeff Hardy and Hulk Hogan figures. The wave will also will include the TNA Knockout such as Velvet Sky, Madison Rayne (wave 5 or 6), Mickie James and Daffney. We will also being seeing a Dixie Carter figure out later this year.”

Glad to see that the action figure line is doing so well. Sounds like Jakks is really going to get behind TNA Wrestling after their action figures did so well. I think the Action Figure line taking off will be a nice form of profit for TNA.

Thoughts?

Suppose it can only be good but got a problem with it,

apart from samoa joe, everyone has been in wwe at one point and probably already have one out that many people may have. which may have hindered sales slightly.

Suppose it can only be good but got a problem with it,

apart from samoa joe, everyone has been in wwe at one point and probably already have one out that many people may have. which may have hindered sales slightly.

Maybe, but the reason sales are going well, it because people are loving the TNA brand. For The ex-WWE wrestlers that are now in TNA, the thing i saw on some forum post is that Jakks figures are better sculpted than the Mattel ones. So if the quality is better they will buy the figures regardless and anyways usually true collectors buy any variation of figures so it doesn't really matter.

Its good to see profits on childrens toys, showing maybe TNA has some of that younger generation following. I doubt it will really help in the long run though, I mean we did just have the holidays so I think it is fair to see a decline is on the horizon.

The first line of any range of toys that come out usually do well from collectors moreso than children....that combined with these figures coming out after christmas bumps it up, but hey, glad to hear of anybody doing well these days.

These are defiantly aimed at collectors. Imagine 20-30 years from now, when TNA is dead and buried (it's inevitable) and collectors have the first sets of jakks TnA figures, they're gonna be worth something.

I must disagree with the statement that Jakks' figures are more detailed. I own hundreds of Jakk's WWE figures, but have now turned to Mattel. The articulation and detail in the Mattel line of WWE action figures is ten fold over Jakk's.

I wonder how low their expectations were.
In addition to most places I've been not carrying them, the ones that do don;t sell that well.
Oh well, if they're happy, then good for them. I won't be buying those figures anytime soon though.

This is unbelievable!! I am so excited!!

The announcement that there is a Dixie Carter figure coming out soon is phenomenal!! I can't wait to buy her and take her home. Then, grab my other favorite Knock Outs and have Dixie defeat them with her trusty, uuuhhh. She will win The Knock Out's Title with the famous move, uuuhhh. Well, she will intimidate them first because she can, uuuhhh.

LOL @ a Dixie Carter figure.

Anyway, it is cool they are doing better. I don't think the figures have sold like crazy, so their expectations must have been low. They should keep it going though. They need to make as much money as they can, so they will grab their balls and go out on the road.

I think something that hurts TNA is the damn Impact Zone. I cannot stand the fans. That's a rant for another thread, but I think decent sales in figures, is a step in the right direction as far as money goes, and hopefully that is one step closer to leaving the Impact Zone.

Well I have to admit Jakk's make good looking figures, but these ain't TNA 1st figures so they wont be worth as much as the original 2004 NWA-TNA Toy Biz, these were the 1st ever TNA figures. But you already knew that... ;)

Not too bad. Good news for TNA and it's ability to turn a profit. However, I hope they don't shoot for the moon and stick within a reasonable shipment alongside Jakks.

Nonetheless, I hope that they make an effort to push some of their younger talent and more long-lasting TNA-born stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back