• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Spin Cycle

Hollywood Naitch

The current reigning and defending
For those who may not know the "Spin Cycle" is a segment of TNA Xplosion that we get here in the UK- I am unsure if the US fans get this, but anyway...

The Spin Cycle is presented by Jeremy Borash and features 3 different TNA wrestlers/knockouts each week just chatting, joking and answering random questions from JB. I rarely watch Xplosion, as its pretty much just a highlights show from Impact, with an extra match or 2 thrown in but I have seen The Spin Cycle a couple of times now.

It is shit.

Seriously, what is the point of it? I understand that it's a way of seeing the wrestlers having a laugh with each other and finding out a bit about them personally- the questions this week were "what is the best day of your life?" and "what music do you have on your iPod?" but the jokes seem so forced and cheesy, everyone looks awkward, especially RVD on this week's show, and it is just a waste of time.

e.g

Borash: "Wow, thats a lot of bands noone has ever heard of Val!.. Now, RVD, what about you? I know you love music!...."

Van Dam: "I don't really like music."

Give me a match over this worthless shit any day. Borash is getting more and more annoying as the years go by. What does anyone else think of the Spin Cycle? Should TNA stick with it, or just use the time to have another match on the show?

Yes I watch it, and I love it! Haha. I think it's great, you get to find out some of their opinions and random bits of trivia. I'll agree that sometimes Borash can be a little stupid with his questions. Asking a room full of BFG series competitors, "Who will win the BFG Series?" well duh they are all going to pick themselves! And I don't really like how they make things too scripted sometimes, I'd rather just let them be themselves.

In terms of guests RVD he doesn't seem to care at all. Magnus is always on it, him being a Brit but he does always have interesting stories to tell. Kaz and Daniels were hilarious on it last time. Pope's another good one, when he layed into Rob Terry for having no personality whatsoever.

But the funniest one I can remember had Bully Ray (who had just started the gimmick), Matt Hardy, James Storm and Rosita. It was just after Bin Laden was killed and Ray was talking about how Osama was not really dead and it was a conspiracy. You just feel the awkwardness in the room, and then how all three of the guys (even though Storm was a face) claiming that Rosita was an illegal immigrant and laying into her was hilarious.

Spin Cycle, the show itself, there's nothing inherently wrong with. The problem is that JB is a kitschy little shit, which gives the show a terrible aura about it when he doesn't have a great heel to play off of. If you've ever seen it when Bully Ray or Chris Daniels were on it, you'd love every moment of it. The moment you make it about faces and guys with door knob personalities, the entire thing falls flat on it's face.

Spin Cycle, the show itself, there's nothing inherently wrong with. The problem is that JB is a kitschy little shit, which gives the show a terrible aura about it when he doesn't have a great heel to play off of. If you've ever seen it when Bully Ray or Chris Daniels were on it, you'd love every moment of it. The moment you make it about faces and guys with door knob personalities, the entire thing falls flat on it's face.

Interesting. I think I will have to go and see if I can see some episodes when Bully Ray or Daniels appear, I have only ever seen versions when the line-up is mainly faces or Knockouts, and its so painfully forced and cheesy.

I can actually imagine Bully Ray and Daniels to be very entertaining in a scenario like that, Daniels has really impressed me with his mic work as a heel so I think I will give The Spin Cycle another try and see what I make of it when there are some more interesting talkers on there, rather than the INCREDIBLY dull Rob Van Dam

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back