TNA Pay Per Views

RVDisTNA

Occasional Pre-Show
Why don't they do Pay Per Views in different Arena's and Impact in the "Impact Zone"? Lockdown in St.Louis, Slammiversary in Nashville, Bound For Glory in Texas, Ect...

Is it just me or does this seem like a good idea? You can't grow your company by confining yourself in a little arena that holds MAYBE 500 people. I was at Lockdown and I saw the type of crowd they can draw on the road. Wouldn't it make sense to get out and do this? TNA can't be that small. Hell even ECW did it back in the day.

Why don't they do Pay Per Views in different Arena's and Impact in the "Impact Zone"? Lockdown in St.Louis, Slammiversary in Nashville, Bound For Glory in Texas, Ect...

Is it just me or does this seem like a good idea? You can't grow your company by confining yourself in a little arena that holds MAYBE 500 people. I was at Lockdown and I saw the type of crowd they can draw on the road. Wouldn't it make sense to get out and do this? TNA can't be that small. Hell even ECW did it back in the day.

TNA is focused on cutting unnecessary costs within their company right now, and one of the largest budget burdens often comes from excessive touring due to the cost of travel itself, as well as having to carry a full-time crew to assemble and disassemble the ring, work the pyro, work the electronics, cameras, etc.

While I appreciate how well the company draws outside of Orlando too, I'm not entirely sure that touring is the best thing for the company to do at the moment – at least not before building a more consistent and compelling book/story and garnering better ratings and buy rates. Once the ratings and buy rates begin to rise, touring will be a no-brainer for them.

Well why not go on the road for the "Big" PPV's? BFG, Lockdown, Slammiversary, Etc. Hell, even cut it down to 5 or 6 PPV's a year? Watching a PPV in the Impact Zone to me waters it down a bit.

And if they want to cut unnessecary costs and waste, they sure got off to a good start by firing Scott Hall. lol

I agree, but I think they're off to a good start with regard to building a more consistent product first. The cost-cutting writes itself as they let go of unused talent, but until the point that TNA develops a stronger personality that in turn earns them better monthly PPV buy rates and iMPACT! ratings, I think holding the PPV's (at least most) in the iMPACT! Zone is the best course of action to be taking.

Ideally, I'd focus on having the four major PPVs on the road each year – Lockdown, Slammiversary, Bound for Glory and Destination X – something they're doing for the most part already.

Well why not go on the road for the "Big" PPV's? BFG, Lockdown, Slammiversary, Etc. Hell, even cut it down to 5 or 6 PPV's a year? Watching a PPV in the Impact Zone to me waters it down a bit.

Well they do go on the road for Lockdown and BFG. I think we may see Genesis, Destination X, Lockdown and BFG all being held outside the impact zone. Keep in mind that a huge part of TNA's appeal to guys like Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy is that they don't have to work 5 days a week 300 days a year and that they get to spend time with their families instead of being on the road all year round.

TNA is focused on cutting unnecessary costs within their company right now, and one of the largest budget burdens often comes from excessive touring due to the cost of travel itself, as well as having to carry a full-time crew to assemble and disassemble the ring, work the pyro, work the electronics, cameras, etc.

See, here's the problem with this. Whether you tour and do live televised events/taped televised events on the road, or at "home" in Orlando - you're still paying the same people, the same amount of money, to put up the same equipment within whatever arena they're using on any given day.

The only extra cost would be gas, and hotel fees. However, in going out of Orlando they are also allowed to expand and find arenas that are larger which would sell more tickets, and bring in more money.

While I appreciate how well the company draws outside of Orlando too, I'm not entirely sure that touring is the best thing for the company to do at the moment

It would actually benefit them to travel more than stay in one place. Not to mention, the best way to sell your product, is to get it out there for people to see live. When you force people to travel to you, you're setting the rule of thumb to saying "We don't need you, you need us. So thats why you need to come to us, more than we should come to you."

at least not before building a more consistent and compelling book/story and garnering better ratings and buy rates. Once the ratings and buy rates begin to rise, touring will be a no-brainer for them.

Once again, I disagree largely in part because you can't expect people to become greatly interested in your product - if they're forced to do all the work in finding ways to come see it live.

The old saying goes - You need to spend money, to make money. TNA needs to understand this, and take to the road.

One other issue is this. Incase you haven't noticed, TNA often put on a ton of road "house" shows. They travel all over the Country, including into Canada and possibly even Mexico. So, if they travel to put on non-televised events in these locations - why not just begin putting on actual televised/taped or otherwise events in these locations at the same time?

Guys like Sting, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Jarrett & Kurt Angle are huge draws. People would obviously pay to see them. So once again, take to the road and put on your televised events beyond the iMPACT! zone. Or at least your Pay per views.

I believe selective shows could have the same home, yearly. WCW used to host Halloween Havoc from Las Vegas, at the MGM Grand. World War 3 was hosted from The Scope in Norfolk, Virginia. Even Hog/Road Wild was hosted from Sturgis, SD.

So, with that said.. Lockdown seems to be St. Louis. Bound for Glory should be a big arena in, or around Orlando. (not the iMPACT! zone) Slammiversary should always be in Nashville. Those are the top 3.

TNA has already tried this, in 2008 all of their pay-per-views were held on the road. They've already tried just doing the big three/four out of town as well, in 2007 & 2009 (Genesis, Lockdown, Slammiversary and Bound for Glory).

In my opinion the TNA house shows should be the testing waters if they're so afraid. Even with the small amounts of people that go to the house shows thanks in part to the fact TNA never advertises, TNA can get an idea of where they could possibly have their show or PPV.

TNA's Big Four are already being done outside of the Impact Zone, so that's a step in the right direction. But considering the ratings and buyrates are still terrible, I wouldn't put all my eggs in the "on the road" basket just yet.

See, here's the problem with this. Whether you tour and do live televised events/taped televised events on the road, or at "home" in Orlando - you're still paying the same people, the same amount of money, to put up the same equipment within whatever arena they're using on any given day.

The only extra cost would be gas, and hotel fees. However, in going out of Orlando they are also allowed to expand and find arenas that are larger which would sell more tickets, and bring in more money.

But you're not paying them as often as you would be were you touring consistently, and that extra travel cost can add up a lot of if everything needs to be flown from city-to-city – including staff.

Ticket sales would help, but so would solidifying the product and raising it's awareness ahead of time, before attempting this (again).

It would actually benefit them to travel more than stay in one place. Not to mention, the best way to sell your product, is to get it out there for people to see live. When you force people to travel to you, you're setting the rule of thumb to saying "We don't need you, you need us. So thats why you need to come to us, more than we should come to you."

I suppose, but I still think establishing the product's value before hand is prerequisite to this.

Once again, I disagree largely in part because you can't expect people to become greatly interested in your product - if they're forced to do all the work in finding ways to come see it live.

The old saying goes - You need to spend money, to make money. TNA needs to understand this, and take to the road.

One other issue is this. Incase you haven't noticed, TNA often put on a ton of road "house" shows. They travel all over the Country, including into Canada and possibly even Mexico. So, if they travel to put on non-televised events in these locations - why not just begin putting on actual televised/taped or otherwise events in these locations at the same time?

Guys like Sting, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Jarrett & Kurt Angle are huge draws. People would obviously pay to see them. So once again, take to the road and put on your televised events beyond the iMPACT! zone. Or at least your Pay per views.

I believe selective shows could have the same home, yearly. WCW used to host Halloween Havoc from Las Vegas, at the MGM Grand. World War 3 was hosted from The Scope in Norfolk, Virginia. Even Hog/Road Wild was hosted from Sturgis, SD.

So, with that said.. Lockdown seems to be St. Louis. Bound for Glory should be a big arena in, or around Orlando. (not the iMPACT! zone) Slammiversary should always be in Nashville. Those are the top 3.

You need to spend money to make money, but you need to make money to spend it, too. That's a double-edged sword that TNA can't afford to juggle right now without a few courses in circus basics first.

What you have to keep in mind here is that it costs them next to nothing to put on shows at the iMPACT! Zone.

Maybe they should just "fold" like Mark Madden said. Because everyone knows whatever he says is the gospel. *facepalm*

But you're not paying them as often as you would be were you touring consistently, and that extra travel cost can add up a lot of if everything needs to be flown from city-to-city – including staff.

Ticket sales would help, but so would solidifying the product and raising it's awareness ahead of time, before attempting this (again).

TNA has been around for 8 years now. I hate to break this to anyone, but if their product, which has been on national television for half of that if not more, they aren't going to solidify anything.

And once again, you seem to think they haven't. I see things on the other side of the spectrum. TNA went from the Asylum in TN, which was no bigger than some arenas ECW used to work in. To Orlando and Disney, which was where WCW held shows in the mid 90's. And slowly, by slowly, they have been running more shows in Philly, Chicago, Atlanta, and other big wrestling Cities.

So, in my opinion, they haven't dropped in value anywhere. They're increasing every year, and expanding. The time is now, or within the following year at the very least, for them to "spread their wings and fly".

I suppose, but I still think establishing the product's value before hand is prerequisite to this.

Once again, TNA is 8 years old. They aren't just some fly by night operation. Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Sting, and several others are the top name talent this Company needs to help sell tickets. Why not go on the road, NOW, when you have these names to help you - and strike while the irons hot?

You need to spend money to make money, but you need to make money to spend it, too. That's a double-edged sword that TNA can't afford to juggle right now without a few courses in circus basics first.

Show me where TNA is losing money, or not increasing their profit. As I've already said - every year, they seem to be increasing in product. Which shows they've been increasing in value/profit.

What you have to keep in mind here is that it costs them next to nothing to put on shows at the iMPACT! Zone.

Well, then lets look at how well ECW did because they never moved out of their "area". Oh, thats right.. Vince owns them now.

Granted, Paul Heyman isn't half the business man that Jerry/Jeff & Dixie are. Still I just don't agree that staying in one place for a long period of time is what they need to do.

They've built up as much fanbase as they're ever gonna have in Orlando. If Hulk Hogan isn't the top name to draw to, then no one is - short of suddenly bringing in Steve Austin. (and he isn't bigger than Hogan)

TNA has been around for 8 years now. I hate to break this to anyone, but if their product, which has been on national television for half of that if not more, they aren't going to solidify anything.

And once again, you seem to think they haven't. I see things on the other side of the spectrum. TNA went from the Asylum in TN, which was no bigger than some arenas ECW used to work in. To Orlando and Disney, which was where WCW held shows in the mid 90's. And slowly, by slowly, they have been running more shows in Philly, Chicago, Atlanta, and other big wrestling Cities.

So, in my opinion, they haven't dropped in value anywhere. They're increasing every year, and expanding. The time is now, or within the following year at the very least, for them to "spread their wings and fly".

When I talk about solidifying, I'm talking about carving a niche out that starts to garner better ratings than what they've been averaging. Were the to raise their awareness to around a more consistent 1.25 or 1.5, I'd say they're absolutely primed to spread their wings and fly as you say.

Once again, TNA is 8 years old. They aren't just some fly by night operation. Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Sting, and several others are the top name talent this Company needs to help sell tickets. Why not go on the road, NOW, when you have these names to help you - and strike while the irons hot?

Not at all, and the Hogan's, Flair's and Angle's among the Sting's, Anderson's and Hardy's are all fantastic names to sell your tickets, but the largest complaint from the majority of the fanbase/viewing audience has been over the way the program is booked. Live shows won't really change that much if it doesn't change itself. It's why I said with a corrected direction that begins to sell, the sky is the limit.

Show me where TNA is losing money, or not increasing their profit. As I've already said - every year, they seem to be increasing in product. Which shows they've been increasing in value/profit.

Well, then lets look at how well ECW did because they never moved out of their "area". Oh, thats right.. Vince owns them now.

Granted, Paul Heyman isn't half the business man that Jerry/Jeff & Dixie are. Still I just don't agree that staying in one place for a long period of time is what they need to do.

They've built up as much fanbase as they're ever gonna have in Orlando. If Hulk Hogan isn't the top name to draw to, then no one is - short of suddenly bringing in Steve Austin. (and he isn't bigger than Hogan)

I never said stay in Orlando. Read my sig, man – I think they need out of Orlando just as much as anyone, but I also understand the value of having such a reliable and free platform to produce your program in every week while you establish enough of a following and growth to the viewership of your product that you can really afford to take that leap.

It would greatly benefit the product but I don't see them traveling so much right now for a few reasons.

It's expensive

Selling out or filling venues is still a concern for them unfortunately, but it's getting better as far as I can tell.

It's expensive

The Impact zone is a strange place. Those are the hardcore TNA fans, like the dude with the shades who was at EVERY ECW tv taping. you know who I'm talking about. The reactions and chants you get there don't seem to follow to outside venues.

It's going to be nice to watch TNA develop but right now they are still at the point where they can do all their shows from their home arena, take advantage of not having to pay any production costs (Universal covers that) and make a profit (Universal covers that too). The PPV revenue would be a bonus if they can find a way to get more people to order them. I imagine that they might average about half of their weekly viewership so 500k ish.

Yes Why Dont Go On The Road .. ??
Dixie Carter .. Jeff Jarret ....

Well While Searchin The Web I Found Out That .

"Tna Is Tna , Were Not Wwe . We Have To Have Change From Wwe . Impact Zone Is Better Than Traviling . Universal Studios Is Are Home . And Sure Well Do Touring . But Not Road Trips Were They Dont See There Familys"

Dick Matumtroman : Tna Spokesperson : 20 October 2007: Universal Studios.

" Biscuts and Gravy Made Me A Man "

The simple truth is that they just cannot bank on enough people buying tickets to make it worth their while. As far as I remember the ticket purchases for lockdown were something of a disappointment, so I am not sure what others are talking about there. In addition to what people have been talking about with travel costs etc is the biggest hurdle. That being having to rent the arena space opposed to the deal they have in Orlando. That deal is both a blessing and a curse. Probably more of the former than most want to admit. Everyone recognizes there are numerous benefits to traveling around more but right now that seems to be a luxury they cannot afford. When they can I am sure it is at the top of the list of things to do. Until then we just have to be patient. IMO it makes people look ignorant when they say TNA management are idiots for staying in impact zone or whatever like they understand the inner workings of a private company that divulges little information better than those that have worked in the business for a long time and are privy to all the information. There is so much more to it than just shoving Wolfe in the main event of a live show in a random city. The sooner people realize that the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back