TNA Needs The Guns....

LegendKiller716

I Had Sex With The
....To break up.

The guns are one of my favorite tag teams, but TNA needs them else where. TNA has a great tag division with guys waiting to step up. Honestly I don't think the division would suffer at all without the guns.

With that being said, there is a division that is suffering without them, and that is the x-division. I'm not even sure who is in the division anymore. It seems to me like TNA just picks a few random dudes every month, has a make shift feud and calls it the x-division.

IMO the guns are two guys that can bring prestige back to the belt. AJ and Joe built the X-division, but they have moved on, so now its time for Sabin and Shelly to save the division.

On a related note I also think Kendrick can be a big part of the division as well as Hernandez (playing a Samoa Joe like role in the division).

So I guess the questions are:

1.) Should the guns be split? (not right now, but after they loose the belts)
2.) Would it hurt the tag division?
3.) Would it help the x-division?
4.) Who else can help the division become relevant again?

What great tag teams to step up, Generation Me??? the guys who are good in the ring but are shit on the mic?? Ink Inc, the team being carried by Shannon Moore because Jesse Neal is sub par?? or maybe Jordan and Young the comedy tag team???

Yes I know there's Beer Money but aside from them the Guns are the only well rounded team. Plus where would Sabin and Shelly go, the X-Division, where the belt is being treated like a pass-the parcel, the Tv title that is on one of TNA best wrestlers but hasn't had a worthy title defence at all. No thanks I'd rather stick with the Guns as a team thanks.

What a ridiculous idea.

So because the least important division on the show (yes, less than the Knockouts) is floundering because the face focal point of the program is a drab personality who's career highlight was mimicking elder legends, break up the hottest tag team in pro-wrestling to fix it? Fuck no. What a joke.

Worse yet, you'll kill the Tag Division in the process by forcing a team who's not yet ripe enough to have to step up as the faces of the division — and that team would almost certainly be Ink Inc.

No, man. No, no, no, a thousand times no.

NO. I definitely do not want to break up the MCMG why would you want to break up the Best Tag Team in the World. This would Hurt the Tag Division right now because right now no other Tag Team is ready to take the belts off of them. I like Ink.Inc and Gen Me I think they are Pretty Good Tag Teams but they are not ready yet for the belts. This would Hurt the Tag Division to only sightly help the X-Division and I don't that its worth it.

Normally, I'd agree with this guy. The Guns are two fantastic wrestlers, Shelley in particular is one of the most complete packages in mainstream wrestling. However, The Guns are pretty much the sole face tag team in TNA, and there is nobody who can fill their void. Sure, Gen-Me could pull of the insanely fun to watch matches that the Guns do but who do they do them against, and who's going to cut the promos? Right now, the Guns are carrying the tag division. Without them there is nobody for the other teams to feud with, and that doesn't seem likely to change.

However when they do split, do I think they could bring relavence in the X-Division? Absolutely I do. They both have before, with the PCS and Sabin's heel run. And right now there's what, two wrestlers in the X-Division with a personality with one of them being busy as part of Fortune/Immortal and the other is Robbie E. Sabin and Shelley are what the X-Division needs, two recognisable guys who have personalities and can go in the ring.

But not right now, when they're already carrying a division.

Dude, the Guns are the only thing keeping the tag division together. The idea is okay in theory, but your pulling a play from Vince McMahon's tag team playbook.

The last thing that TNA needs is another reason for people to see them doing what the WWE does.

The Guns are the first breath of fresh air in the tag division in a very long time. There are other good teams around them granted, but you can't say that them splitting up wouldn't hurt the tag division. It would near enough cripple it.

True that the X-Division is faltering, but its not good to risk letting these guys go back to singles competition, where they may or may not get over, try to bring back the decent X-Division and leave the tag division failing. Because then you would have two failing divisions.

Bottom line, the Guns are good for the tag division for a long time to come.

I'm not feeling this one, I have to say. The 'guns are the hottest tag team in wrestling right now. This would be a classic example of the constant urge in pro wrestling to only use tag teams as a way to push one or both of the members as singles wrestlers. Just keep them as a tag team for tag teams sake.

I agree with some of the above posters that, Beer Money aside, the tag division is not strong enough to cope without them- they need to build up a few more legit teams before they even consider breaking the guns up.

Also, IMHO, if they do eventually split, these guys, particularly Shelley, have the class to be main event material, rather than foundering in the X-division in between Jay Lethal title reigns.

Nah, the Guns breaking up would be a big mistake. Honestly, the Guns are the only good thing about TNA right now! The X-Division is dead now. It has been dead for a long time but now that Robbie-E is the champ, it's basically official. The Guns should just stick to where they are and continue to carry the belts until they can drop them to Beer Money. Gen Me still need a lot of work and I am just not impressed with Ink Inc. I really think the Guns will never break up.

1. HELL NO the guns shouldn't split. They are the best of the division. Without them we have Beer Money keeping it afloat. Then Gen-Me who can wrestle but can't talk there way out of a paper bag, Ink Inc. the one man tag team, 3D if they still exist, and OJ EY, they are Comedy so it really doesn't matter if the wrestle or not. Not saying the division isn't going to live with out them. It just wouldn't shine as bright as it does now.

2. Of course it would hurt the Tag Division (ref. answer 1). These guys are the division right now. Without them it would be crippled, as in my mind Beer Money is the only complete package left.

3. I suppose it would help the X division, but at what cost. As we saw last night the X division means nothing so anything could help it. Shelley and Sabin could both survive in this division and both would succed in it. But like I said earlier why sacrifice a division that is doing well for one that is 6 feet under?

4. Who in TNA could help the X division? Shelley and Sabin could really help it. Moore could also elevate it alittle bit, Kazarian as Suicide would do the division good, since he hasn't accomplished much as a Fortune member recently.

There are currently a lot of singles wrestlers in TNA who are doing exactly nothing. Surely you would not like to add two more to them would you? Moreso at a stage when the Guns are at their prime and not to mention the fact that it is one division where TNA can actually call the trumps on WWE. The Guns deserve a lot of credit for that last statement and so it would make no sense breaking them up.

1.) Should the guns be split? (not right now, but after they loose the belts)
Absolutley not. They are the best Team in TNA and shouldn't be split up at all. They are the biggest reason Tag Team Wrestling is better in TNA .
2.) Would it hurt the tag division?
Yeah, I like INK Inc and Gen ME is entertaining but they can not carry the division byt themselves.
3.) Would it help the x-division?
Yeah if they got put in the title picture. Odds are good that wouldn't happen and they would be doing nothing which isn't good for TNA or the guns.
4.) Who else can help the division become relevant again?
i assume you're talking about the X-Division here If not then I apologize. The answer is Brian Kendrick. Whenever this stuff with EV2 is done I see him being a huge name in the division and one of the people to bring it back to what it was. He's got a ghood gimmick and he can go in the ring. i see him being X Champ in the near future (6 months or less).

Really no point in breaking them up for how over they are and used in the right way could be incorporated in the Immortal storyline. If Immortal wants all the gold then just need the X-division and tag team titles. Take your pick for the X-division, they could put that on JJ, Abyss, Kaz, Doug Williams doesn't matter. But then you have Beer Money coming back into the fold for the tag titles. Leave the guns as the only guys outside of Immortal with titles and the full reign of Immortal coming after them. People would eat it up and be so behind the guns.

I know that got way off topic, but the point is that the X division doesn't have to have Sabin and Shelley, the tag division does. Other guys can be put in the X-division picture and make it relevant again. No need to ruin one of the best things you have going.

Honestly if you remember not too long ago when a group called the main event mafia was around Sabin and Shelley actually competed for the X-Division Title and was held by MCMGs. See the problem is that Shelley isn't good individually compared to Chris Sabin, now before people go biting my head off think about it, go back to when Daniels was still in TNA, Back when you seen guys like DDP doin short stints in TNA. Sabin never really had to be carried by anyone he won the X-division title on his own, however Alex Shelley had to be paired with guys to be made more relevant he was paired with Nash, Jarrett, and Sabin doin his little paparazzi gimmick to be noticed.

Really Shelley doesn't have the strength to stand out on his own and I think IMO that Sabin not really being much of a talker now would stand out as weak in the division too.

The Tag team division really needs them to stay together because right now TNA and ROH are the only places where you can see actual tag team wrestling. I mean in the last 5 years of TNA you've had M.E.M., Team Canada, 3D, Sabin and Shelley, Creed and Lethal, British Invasion, Fourtune, Beer Money, AMW, Ink Inc., Wolfpac, Styles and Daniels, Nash and Young, World Elite. Its not really bad thrown together teams at the last minute like Truth and Morrison most of the teams actually took a while to get credibility and not just threw two guys a title shot.

Would they help the X-Division? Yes and No The X-Division is what built most of the stars, and that is just what its doing right now, Let the brand build guys like Lethal and Robbie E. and new guys who come in, only give the title to a top guy if they are going to lose it to an up and comer.

Honestly if you remember not too long ago when a group called the main event mafia was around Sabin and Shelley actually competed for the X-Division Title and was held by MCMGs. See the problem is that Shelley isn't good individually compared to Chris Sabin,

I respectfully disagree.

Watch that and tell me that Alex Shelley isn't good in the ring. And he's pretty much the best promocutter in the X-Division if he was in it.

now before people go biting my head off think about it, go back to when Daniels was still in TNA, Back when you seen guys like DDP doin short stints in TNA. Sabin never really had to be carried by anyone he won the X-division title on his own, however Alex Shelley had to be paired with guys to be made more relevant he was paired with Nash, Jarrett, and Sabin doin his little paparazzi gimmick to be noticed.

That is a problem with the booking, not a problem with Shelley as a performer.

Really Shelley doesn't have the strength to stand out on his own and I think IMO that Sabin not really being much of a talker now would stand out as weak in the division too.

Didn't you say earlier that Sabin was a success on his own? Stands to reason that he'd be able to again.

The Tag team division really needs them to stay together because right now TNA and ROH are the only places where you can see actual tag team wrestling. I mean in the last 5 years of TNA you've had M.E.M., Team Canada, 3D, Sabin and Shelley, Creed and Lethal, British Invasion, Fourtune, Beer Money, AMW, Ink Inc., Wolfpac, Styles and Daniels, Nash and Young, World Elite. Its not really bad thrown together teams at the last minute like Truth and Morrison most of the teams actually took a while to get credibility and not just threw two guys a title shot.

Right for the wrong reason. The two best tag teams in TNA were thrown together. THe only difference is that they stuck together for longer.

Would they help the X-Division? Yes and No The X-Division is what built most of the stars, and that is just what its doing right now, Let the brand build guys like Lethal and Robbie E. and new guys who come in, only give the title to a top guy if they are going to lose it to an up and comer.

I thought the Original X division was built around Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels feuding over the title and tearing the house down at every oppertunity. Stands to reason that building the division around another three guys who can go in the ring and have unique personalities would work again here if they wanted to being the title to the foreground again.

Ok, not a popular thread.

I think part of the reason is most of you are under the assumption that I want them to split right now. Thats not the case. Right now Robbie and Jay are in a feud and it would be dumb to end it prematurely.

Give it a few months for tag division guys to work on their promos (because IMO thats their only weak spots) and maybe add a team or two before the MCMG split. I think a good way to do this is to have the guns drop the straps to Beer Money, around the same time Doug Williams is kicked out of Fourtune and re-teams with Magnus and go after the belts. The British Invasion are two of the best workers in the business and can carry the division along with Beer Money.

Another alternative is to try and resign Homicide and re-form LAX. And they can always team up 2 EV2 guys like Rhyno and Stevie.

As for the X-Division, building the division around guys like Sabin, Shelly, Kendrick, and Hernandez could bring the division back to life.

And in closing, the X-Division is not worse than the KO division, and certainly not worse than the KO Tag division.

Everyone was saying that MCMG winning the titles were long overdue. I guarantee the same thing will be said when they split up. They shouldn't split up now but by the end of next year they will. Team 3D is gone, Ink Inc. is average, Young and Jordan are a comedy team, and I guess Generation Me is good. Beer Money will stick around because they're better as a tag team than singles competitors. The X-Division is floundering right now and what they need is an injection. I can see Shelley doing for the rest of the division what Nash did for Shelley and give them a bit of personality. That's why I see them splitting up within a year but not now.

Another alternative is to try and resign Homicide and re-form LAX. And they can always team up 2 EV2 guys like Rhyno and Stevie.

Homicide is now in ROH, and he is in the Main event scene, so he isn't leaving their anytime soon. So if you are relying on a lax reunion to allow the mcmg to split up and still have the titles be as big then you can forget probably forget it.

One of the great things about TNA is that they still care about tag team wrestling cannabilizing one of the best teams to bolster a now( with robbie e winning the title) shit division is just wrong. fixing the X division could be done by bringing some people from new japan or AAA, not breaking up a team that is over as a team more so than they would ever be as singles guys.

So, First everyone wants the Guns to get the belts and now that they have got them they need to split up? That is not a good idea at all. MCMG and Beer Money are two of the best tag teams in the world neither of them can afford to break up right now no matter how god they are individually the TNA tag division would be shot if it lost either of these teams.

Their are other people that can carry the x division. Doug Williams is an excellent wrestler with a very similar style to Shelley. He along with Kendrick and maybe if TNA is REALLY serious about bettering their X division then they can bring in some ROH and foreign guys like they used to do back in the day. That could fix the problem of the X division and keep the tag team division in tact

The Guns should not break up now or anytime in the near future. Does the X Division need some major help? Yes, but not at the expense of their Tag Team Division. The Guns are the hottest tag team in the world today. With Team 3D out, all that is left in the division is MCMG, Beer Money, Ink, Inc, Gen Me, and the Jordan/Young comedy act. If either the Guns or Beer Money were to break up anytime soon, the division would suffer greatly.

There are other ways to fix the X Division. Build it around Kendrick, Williams, Amazing Red, Lethal, and like you said, OP, Hernandez would be a good fit. Then once you build it around these wrestlers, bring a few new talents from maybe ROH, AAA, or else where.

False. The Guns are legitimately the only thing in TNA that interests me anymore. They've had a good to great match basically everytime out, regradless of their opponent. Not only are you not sure how they'll fare on their own, but the tag division would be ruined by shit teams and likely another 3D title reign, or some shit like that.

Just because everything else is mucked up no reason to destroy the only good thing you got.

Splitting up the Guns would be a huge mistake, every time they are one the card you know you are gonna get a great match. I do feel TNA should use them more in singles competition to boost the X-division but splitting them up for good right now is not the right answer...

Nah, it has already been said multiple times. The MCMG should not break up. They are exciting and get views, whereas the rest of the tag division is just not ready for that kind of limelight, with the exception of Beer Money. That said, I do think the MCMG could give a great rub to a team like Ink Inc., or Generation Me if they dropped the belts to them or had a good feud. Generation Me has already benefited from feuding with the Guns and I title win may help them even more. However, I do not think it is a good idea to break them up at all. They are just far to important to the tag division right now and where else would they go? The main event? Hell no. The X division could use either Gun but they don't have to break up to do that and the TV title is held by one of the biggest names in the company. The tag division suits them best.

Who let WWE creative in here? No! Splitting The Gun's would just turn TNA's tag team division into the same joke WWE's has become. They are one of the top draws of TNA in terms putting on quality matches and attracting fans. They are everything WWE doesn't have. A fast-paced tag team with natural charisma, ring ability, separate personalities and capable of working as singles stars without actually breaking up. And you wanna kill that? Just what benefit comes from splitting them up? The X Division? They were working on it for 2 years without splitting up. I'm sure they can keep it up.

No. Just no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back