• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Management Shouldn't Hire Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Because to me that's what it appears to be like. Obviously I'm I don't know who works backstage. But I doubt I'd be wrong in assuming Jeff Jarrett & Vince Russo, along with Disco Inferno.

Jeff Jarrett is obviously friends with Russo, he is the one who made him a multi time WCW champion after all. In fact didn't he promis him he'd do just that? So it appears by employing Russo, even though he was part of the shit TV that WCW produced, that he's hired him as a friend. To return the favour.

You hear rumours about Savio Vega being in line for a job. He might not have been offered a job, and if he has been he might be great. But he sounds like a strange choice. He's done nothing of note for the past 10 years. Then his name pops up again. His biggest push was in WWE in the mid 90's. When Russo was working there. Could be a coincidence, who knows.

Then there's members of the roster. You have B.G. James,, Kevin Nash & Scott Steiner. All of who passed their promes many years ago. I could understand TNA using them in a talking capacity. But they have them as active wrestlers. Even though James & Nash were never great in their priimes and Steiner is a shell of his former self. The only explanation for them having an active wrestling role is that they're friends with someone.

It's weird how the most over wrestlers in the company are the ones that were hired based off thir talent. With the exception of Sting who was obviously hired because of his name value.

TNA shouldn't hire friends, they should hire the best people for the job.

Well this type of thing happens in everyday life - look at sports, business or any other area. People hire others that they are familiar with in the past because they think they have value.

I think that there are a lot of issues with TNA's creative. There is clearly some talented people on their roster, but I don't like the way most of the feuds go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back