• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Looking to Invest in New Talents?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This from the main page:

Going forward, a smaller reason TNA decided they couldn’t offer Joe more was the fact that they are looking to invest in new talent.

What exactly qualifies as "new talent" — be it utterly new faces or putting more into and behind talents they own but haven't pushed yet — I'm not sure, but this does make sense. There's a line of logic that supports the idea that with the company reboot, there's never been a more opportune time to move away from the stars that built the company toward the potential stars that may benefit it going forward. Say what you will about Joe's work ethic, or his importance to the history of TNA, but they'll clearly fare just fine without him, which supports the theory they didn't really need him any longer.

The question is, what new talents are they actually looking to invest in? Is this a vote of confidence for talents like The Wolves or ECIII being pushed harder and higher, or is this more an indication that TNA may be shopping the market for new blood to introduce on Friday nights?

We do know they took at look at Mason Ryan in a dark match recently, Drew Galloway will be making his television debut soon (as well as one other spoiler that won't be posted here), but would this "looking to invest in new talents" extend beyond them, to additional performers? If so, who?

I'm not sure who they'll go after as TNA has been saying for years that they're going after new talent. Then, they don't use the new talent properly or they don't even get anyone. When they got Manik he's won and now is nothing more than a prop in a stable. Sanada has basically done nada. Same goes with the guy they paired Somoa Joe up with for a while. TNA had a very talented person that they just let wash away. So much talent has come throw TNA that outsiders might be scared to go there. They have no rapport with young talent. TNA needs to push their wrestlers and not give up on them like they love to do. Once TNA can show the wrestlers that they'll back them, then they should go after newer talent. But as it stands, I take this with a grain of salt. Their probably hyping up the spoilers to draw viewers.

If and when TNA is able to go after talent they need to get more X-Divison wrestlers. I'd love for them to get Pentagon Jr, Son of Havok, Maria & Mike Bennett and Adam Cole. All really bad ass wrestlers with nothing but pure star power within them.

On the surface this sounds promising, but I don't wanna get my hopes on the possibilities of who could come in. Guys like EC3 have been pushed well lately, and I'm curious who they have in mind for the next big push. Time will tell I guess.

It has potential long term like any rebuilding. And TNA has the time to do it. They're not going to compete with WWE so they're not losing any ground there. ROH (or its parent company more accurately) is apparently not willing to invest the $ to solidify ROH as the 2nd biggest wrestling company in America, GFCW hasn't signed anyone and while I love NJPW they're a long ways away from being #2 in the English speaking market. And Lucha Underground is in its infancy. I think if TNA invests long term in good young talents they can re-solidify themselves as the #2 wrestling organization in the US over the next year or two.

For what its worth, Dave Meltzer says in the Observer this week that TNA have brought Galloway in with the idea that he's not long-term and that he won't be signing a contract. Drew's already working for less than he does on the indies and TNA will probably start paying him his usual rate especially now that Joe is gone. If not Drew will probably leave as his main focuses are ICW in the UK which he has demanded apparently he be allowed to work for and he wants to go back to WWE.

TNA have also reached out to some top independent talent but nothings happened. Apparently Michael Bennett and Maria Kanellis are open to jumping from ROH but only if TNA can offer them a lot more money and main event programs. They're also looking at former talent to bring in and are even interested in guys ROH have been using in past months such as Dalton Castle and Pepper Parks.

Mr. 450/John Yurnett has been banging their and WWE's doors like crazy. Working dark matches for TNA and the recent ONO tapings. He also worked squashes for NXT and did it yet again tonight just days removed from TNA. This is a man worth investing in if TNA wants to replenishing their X Division and a potential heavyweight. He is that good in my eyes and reaches to an untapped demographic. He comes cheap. Nab him. Before WWE decides to.

Matt Cross/Son Of Havoc is another guy knocking like crazy for work and we've seen what he can do in Lucha Underground. TNA needs to reach out to him before AAA decides to make him a fixture.

Hijo Del Fantasma/King Cuerno is another guy audibly looking for exposure in the U.S. We've seen how amazing he is in Lucha Underground and is a totally different yet still great character in AAA. He is another guy you can build a brand around.

I'd love to have Havoc and Cuerno in TNA in a different match style, but the Cuerno mask and get-up is way too big a part of his appeal for me.

If the money Joe was earning goes towards bringing new talent in then I hope it's used wisely. But it does appear as if TNA are working on a one in one out basis together with short-term deals.

TNA's X Division & Tag-Division could do with new additions. Sanada & Manik, haven't done anything since joining Storm's revolution, hopefully one of them leaves the stable soon.

If TNA are serious about bringing in new talent, then I hope they focus on bring in people to improve the Tag team and X division and while WWE have signed a lot of great Indy stars to NXT as of late there is still a load of talent out there that can make a hell of a difference to the roster. Somebody like Ricochet or Matt Cross would great additions to the roster and foreign Stars such as BXB Hulk and Ryo Saito could also add something a little different to the division. As for tag teams, I like the idea of giving the Von Erichs full time contracts and I would love to see Alex Shelley make a return to the company along with Kushida, As I think the Time Splitters are one of the best tag teams around today and would have some amazing matches with the likes of the wolves and the Hardys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back