• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Lethal Lockdown - TNA World Heavyweight Title Match - "The Pope" vs. AJ Styles

The Pope vs. AJ Styles. Who ya got?

• The Pope

• AJ Styles

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
lockdown_10_01.gif
lockdown_10_02.gif

Yep, it's FINALLY time for Pope's title shot. He'll get to do battle with the reigning TNA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles in what should be a classic encounter. Can Pope make it to Lockdown 100 percent... or will the teamwork of Desmond Wolfe and Styles make sure that doesn't happen? Discuss in here.

I think they should've done this match at destination X, Pope wwon the 8 card stud tournament, and has to wait for Abyss to get a shot. It kills ALOT of momentum in the pope. He also holds 2 wins over AJ,which goes down well.
The feud has been excellent so far, with AJ and Wolfe attacking him every week tough, (even though its kayfabe) I can't see pope winning, I mean this is his first title match (I tink)

Lockdown is TNA's biggest show, so you'd think that they'd have a slightly bigger match than this. The Pope is worth pushing based on his popularity with the fans in the crowd alone, but after only a few months I don't think he's got the name value to carry TNA's biggest show. As most of their PPV's don't draw shit, you'd think TNA would al least try to make this one retain it's popularity.

While The Pope has been on a hot streak for a while now, I don't think he's going to take the belt away from AJ at Lockdown. Styles will win this match because, while The Pope has become popular over the past couple of months, he's not going to be "the guy" just yet. I'm not a fan of AJ's heel turn, but he is the man in TNA right now, and The Pope isn't going to over him in their first title match at a ppv.

Pope should win the match, AJs reign is getting boring, and the match needs a shocking outcome

I'll disagree with that outcome for one reason...

AJ Styles may be 'boring' at times, but he's still a serviceable champion and to cut bait on their world champion during a time where they need some stability as far as their company is concerned, I don't anticipate AJ losing to Pope here. Now, I do look for Pope to look great in this match and even sell his injury as reason he may not win the match, so it's not like Pope's buried if he loses. There's ways to make him look good without winning, and that's something TNA needs. Styles needs to take some plays out of Flair's playbook and try to make Pope look like a superstar.

Lockdown is TNA's biggest show, so you'd think that they'd have a slightly bigger match than this. The Pope is worth pushing based on his popularity with the fans in the crowd alone, but after only a few months I don't think he's got the name value to carry TNA's biggest show. As most of their PPV's don't draw shit, you'd think TNA would al least try to make this one retain it's popularity.

Isn't "Bound For Glory" TNA's biggest PPV?

Anyway as for the match, I'm expecting a lot from both guys. The Pope is very talented and one of the few wrestlers who can athletically hang with A.J. Hopefully it'll be fast-paced with lots of near-falls. A.J should retain. I'm just hoping that the Pope looks good so that a potential re-match isn't unrealistic.

I expect Styles to retain he has had the title for a nice amount of time now and I don't expect him to lost it to a guy who hans't really been built up that well at all. Plus with so little hype being made for this match I don't anticipate a title change. I expect Styles to retain and feud with Hardy afterward.

Pope has actually been pretty entertaining as of late. I wouldn't be shocked if he won here. AJ has been champ for awhile and TNA tends to like changing things just for the sake of changing them. Not sure what purpose it would serve, but what was the purpose of AJ winning the title one PPV before BFG in a 5 man match? Exactly. TNA does stupid shit, which I could see them doing here. Hell, they might as well. They could use something different right now.

I expect a Shocker on this match. I say Pope gets the Win here. Don't get me wrong AJ is a great and fun Champion, But we need a new champion in TNA and who will be better the the Pope. I'm also sure that TNA needs to refresh the Heavy weight division and by having the pope as thier Champion that will move up some wrestlers up to the heavyweight division with a lot of heavyweight contenders.

I think it would be great if Dinero won, but I don't see it happening. The TNA Champion is the top guy in the entire federation and I don't think Dinero should be given that role just yet. Styles has had the belt for a really long time now and his reign should not be ended yet. The longer it lasts, the better of a moment it will be when someone defeats him. The match itself should be alright and it will probably close the show. I think it will be pretty good, although I doubt it will be anywhere near as good as other matches such as Angle VS Anderson or Team Hogan VS Team Flair.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
AJ Styles will retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

I have huge Aj Styles fan for years, I still do even though he is a heel right now, but lately, since joining TNA, I have become more and more impressed with the Pope, WWE really dropped the ball with this one, while I don't see Dinero winning this world title match on his first go, in the future the Pope may just very well end up with gold around his waist

AJ has had a nice reign as champion. But his "baby flair" gimmick is stale. And who wants a stale champion? I'll tell you who, nobody. Let's go Pope!!

This could be TNA's match of the year. Could be? I expect them both to go out there and blow the roof of in this match. Fast-paced, lot of near falls and then pope the man to lift the tna world championship belt. I hope pope wins, aj styles has held that title longer than anyone in tna history and I think for now it has gone kinda boring. Pope can add a bit more spice to the title an im thinking if he does win, they should have him keep the title at least until BFG.

Welp, they have done a shit job of building this, and the pope, which knowing TNA, means he is gonna pull this off. Yea, so he won that tournament? What has he done lately?

Have his ankle get its ass whipped, EVERY FUCKING WEEK, except the last two or so. Hardly a way to build up the man who is gonna bring down baby flair. To me, by virtue of the build, and the lack of interaction between champ and challeneger, this match is hardly intriguing or engrossing. Pope will win, and it will have about 1/10 the impact that it should.

i hate to say it, but tna will drop the ball somehow with this match. i believe it will end up being a good wrestled match with a botched ending probably making styles look weaker as a performer. styles wont be anything special until flair turns on him and earns some great victories on his own

I'm looking forward to watching this match. Both guys are capable off putting on great matches and this won't be any different. Its a shame that the build to this has sucked dick because this could off been an historic match. I don't see Pope winning this one just yet as I think Styles should retain here as I don't think they've built up Pope as well as they could have. I would much prefer it if they kept letting have title matches and coming so close but in the end he loses and then at a big pay per view he comes out as the victor. That would be something I'd love to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back