• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Pope D'Angelo Dinero: Quite Possibly The Best Choice For TNA Champion

I would love to see Pope one day become TNA world champ, but right now I think this is just a test run for him to see if he can handle the main event scene. After Lockdown I expect Pope to return the midcard and have a good run there and some solid feuds with guys like Wolfe, Roode, Storm, etc...

At this time TNA needs to have the champ on someone like AJ or Jeff Hardy, like Tasty said. Those guys are two of the most well known superstars in TNA and they should focus on keeping the title in the hands of those that can be trusted to carry championship gold. In due time Pope will be a world champ, but I can't see it happening until the end of this year to the middle of next year.

Well fuk yeah. Finally a stand out that I don't consider a WWE left over. Came in with a completely new gimmick and has been on the money with promos and ring work. This is a TNA bred champion that they need.

No.

He's is not the best choice to be TNA Champion...right now.

AJ needs to have the title a whole lot longer. He needs to gain more and more credibility. Right now the pieces seem to be in place. He's got Flair, he's got the Title. He's impressing me more and more on the mic. Randy Orton had the WWE Championship for quite a while and faced the best in the biz, leading to what was called the "Age of Orton". It did wonders for his heel push and to me was the thing that cemented him as one fo the best heels WWE had to offer. Styles needs a long reign like that to further cement his heel push if they are going to maintain Styles as a heel.

As far as somebody taking it away from Styles, I gotta go with Jeff Hardy before The Pope. Hardy was on Cloud 9 in WWE and was the unequaled face of SmackDown before he left. There is no way his momentum hasn't fizzled out yet and he can be a major draw for TNA if he wins the Championship. His push is still relevant in everyone's eyes and if the kids ever find out that 1) Jeff Hardy is in TNA and 2) He's got the title, perhaps a bunch of them will decide to Cross the Line.

The Pope does need a Title though. I'd love to see him with the Global Title before he gets the big one just so people would know how the Pope is when he has a belt around his waist. More like testing waters.

Pope is awesome. I was a bit skeptical about his character at first, but it's grown on me. He's good in the ring, good on the mic and already has a fanbase. He's pretty much set for being a face champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back