• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Lethal Lockdown - RVD v. James Storm

Who wins?

• RVD

• Storm

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gd

Plump, Juicy User
So this was announced as the opener to the PPV last night, which I suppose is fine because it's sure to get the crowed going. But it's RVD's first PPV match in TNA, and it was announced during another match when no one was really paying attention. Seems a little strange to me.

Furthermore, he's not going to win either, because it's for the advantage in the Lethal Lockdown match, meaning the heels team is going to get it because that's the way it works. RVD losing to James Storm in his first PPV match seems pretty stupid to me.

There definetly will either be interference involved or Team Flair will just chop RVD's hamstring with an axe or something to prevent the match of happening. That should be fun.

Furthermore, he's not going to win either, because it's for the advantage in the Lethal Lockdown match, meaning the heels team is going to get it because that's the way it works. RVD losing to James Storm in his first PPV match seems pretty stupid to me.

This is TNA, RVD could do a heel turn then Dixie could tweet blaming it on Micheals' retirement.

In classical booking this is Storm all the way, probably be competitive and include some sort of interference. I'm hoping for this.

Then mega-shock, 5th member is heel turn Jay Lethal. I kid i kid.

Fifth member is Eric Bischoff controlled Samoa Joe, face turn, team Hogan win. Bam, book it.

So we've got a random filler match where the winner gets a 5th person on their team in the Lethal Lockdown match. Alright.... This match will most likely go early on in the show. I'd bet it will be second or even first. Then they can get it out of the way and move on to the relevant matches. Both guys are also in the Lethal Lockdown match so I'm expecting them to save anything cool for that match, therefore I'm not expecting anything much out of this match. I'll go with RVD getting the win here because he is newer to the company and Team Hogan getting a 5th member through a win here would be more impressive than Team Flair getting one. The question is who would the 5th person be, regardless of who wins this match? I'm out of ideas either way on who it could be.... maybe Joe.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
RVD will defeat James Storm.

I don't understand this match, I honestly don't see any point to it. They should've just make a equal match, I don't understand why an extra man is needed in this match, But any ways I think this match is going to be decent. RVD and Storm will put the crown on fire with this match, Both of the wrestlers are going to try their best to make this match a good match. I see a James storm wins in this match, I say a clean pin.

Winner: James Storm

I just completed my Lockdown predictions and this match was the hardest to predict for me.

Originally I had James Storm picking up a dirty win because Team Flair has been getting the better of every member of Team Hogan and i expected that to continue right up until the Lethal Lockdown match.

But when I got thinking about who the fifth man for Team Flair, I kept drawing blanks so I thought about who would be a possible fifth man for Team Hogan. That answer came easily to me; Jay Lethal.

So my vote then went to Rob Van Dam picking up a clean win giving the faces the one man advantage. The problem with that is the fact that the faces would have an advantage, and when does that ever happen?

I went back to the drawing board, and finally figured out who could possibily give the heels the extra man advantage. Matt Morgan.

In my mind, if RVD would, Jay Lethal will join Team Hogan and if James Storm wins Matt Morgan will be the extra man for Team Flair.

I assume Storm will still pick up the dirty victory over Van Dam, Matt Morgan will be picked by Team Flair. The rest of the night will be a heavy focus on how Hogan's team really needs to overcome the odds now they they are continued to be stacked against them.

So wait, are they both still on the Lethal Lockdown teams? What in the shit?

I should actually, uh, y'know, watch Impact sometimes I suppose.

Anyway, they had an excellent TV match, so I expect no different here. Also, James Storm is awesome. I dont see them having RVD job out, although if they are still in the match later, maybe he does, and the good guys win in the end. Actually, if they are both still in the lockdown match, massive chaotic intereference all around would be a good way to kick off the show, and build for a creschendo later

This match should be good even if it just too get an extra match on the card. They had a good match on Impact and with more time given I can see this being really good. Both guys are good workers and can put on great matches and hopefully this is what we get too see.

Storm will come out the victor as most Lethal Lockdown matches have the heels with the numbers advantage so when the faces win they did it in a hard fought battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back