• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA is starting to trickle into WWE?

Is TNA starting to become more dominant in the business?

• Yes, they are.

• No, they aren't.

Results are only viewable after voting.

I Suck Ass

I survived the Rapture
Watching RAW on my DVR, I noticed that there was a guy with a TNA sign. It said TORONTO NEEDS A IMPACT! It made me wonder whether TNA is starting to get more popular.

What do you guys think? Is TNA starting to become a more dominant force in the business? Or are they just another doomed company?

really, one sign?!?
That was probably a TNA fan, who bought a ticket to Raw, and brought the sign along.
So, to answer your question, no, one sign doesn't mean that TNA is winning the race

I agree that one fan holding up a sign doesn't define a trend. If someone holds up a WWE sign at a TNA show, would we assume that TNA is a few weeks away from folding?

On the other hand, I don't think TNA is a doomed company now that they're back on Thursday where they belong. They can carve out a nice niche as an alternative to WWE..... which was the mission they set out on when they opened for business. I believe that their aborted effort to take down the big company was one of the stupidest, ill-conceived notions ever. It was like your local high school baseball team declaring war on the New York Yankees.

Whether TNA can stay in business depends on whether they're making money, especially with their bloated payroll. We can't go by the rumors we hear and we certainly can't depend on the announcements that come from the mouths of TNA officials (or WWE officials, either). Eric Bischoff's pronouncements that "everything is going as planned" sound like whistling in the dark.

Time will tell, but at least TNA has made a good move in forging their own way.....instead of getting in WWE's way.

Ridiculous. If TNA was making any sort of headway, their monday night ratings would have improved, not gone down. If anything, a case can be made that because of their failed monday night experiment, TNA is even less relevant as competition now than it was 4 months ago.

You're kidding right? how in the world could it make them more dominant in the business because of one person holding up a sign? I've seen a segment with the crowd chanting TNA TNA, and that was years ago, and TNA didn't get any further since then really.

I could hold up a TNA sign at a WWE event and it wouldn't be making them any bigger, and I could hold up a WWE sign at TNA's tapings and WWE wouldn't be getting any bigger, besides, the only way Toronto needs a impact would have me thinking TNA would be the actual word "impact" not combining letters in a sentence, if I was to combine words in a sentence to create TNA, I'm pretty certain 70% of the signs held up at a WWE event could create the words TNA.

TNA may very well be starting to get a little bigger, but they are NOT a dominant force in the business, the WWE "machine" is the dominant force, looking at how WWE did just fine with TNA working Monday nights, only to move back with the excuse that they weren't trying to compete with WWE.

I wouldn't say that they're a doomed company although, they're doing decently thus far, and they'll most likely continue to do fine for quite a while, so as I said, I wouldn't call them doomed just yet, they may be doomed in the future, but they're not from the looks of it now.

So you happen to catch sight of a single fan holding up a sign and that indicates to you that TNA is becoming more dominant in the business? I'm sorry but that's absolutely ridiculous. I don't know if the OP is a hopeless TNA mark or not, but the idea that one fan with a sign could be a signal of TNA's rising dominance is laughable. I don't think even the most ardent anti-WWE fan could possibly see any sort of logic in that line of thinking.

Is TNA doomed? Probably not, but there's really no way to tell as many things about the company's bottom line isn't public information. It's been nearly 6 months since the beginning of the Hogan-Bischoff Era in TNA and, instead of growing, TNA's audience has shrunk. Average for TNA now is about a 0.8-0.9 and, while a drop of roughly four tenths of a point might not sound like very much, it kind of is when you consider that your average used to be a 1.2. So no, TNA isn't even where they used to be right now, let alone growing to become more of a threat to the WWE. With the failed attempt to move to Mondays and take on Raw, I think it's going to be quite some time before TNA can seriously be considered a threat to the WWE. TNA is not only going to have to gain back the audience that they lost, but they're also going to have to pull in substantially larger numbers than they've ever taken in on a consistent basis before I can see them as being a threat.

I didn't say that TNA is going to overtake WWE. I just thought it was an interesting sign and it made me wonder just how big TNA is compared to WWE. I probably should have reworded the way I wrote it. That, and the fact that I wrote it at 9:30 P.M. after a long day, so I was a little bit out of wack. I think that TNA could compete with WWE if they got rid of all the old fogleys. No one gives a crap about Hogan, the Band, Sting, Flair, or Bischoff. If they get rid of them, then they would have a better overall product that would compete with WWE for good, young talent and maybe even overtake them. That's what I think. Also, I didn't even know about TNA until Jeff Hardy went there. I am not a TNA fanboy. If anything, I am a WWE fan. I totally agree with Mustang Sally. It's a nice little alternative if you need a wrestling fix.

.I could hold up a TNA sign at a WWE event and it wouldn't be making them any bigger, and I could hold up a WWE sign at TNA's tapings and WWE wouldn't be getting any bigger, besides, the only way Toronto needs a impact would have me thinking TNA would be the actual word "impact" not combining letters in a sentence, if I was to combine words in a sentence to create TNA, I'm pretty certain 70% of the signs held up at a WWE event could create the words TNA.

The sign was written so that TNA was very clear on the sign. TNA was in red and everything else was in black. That's why I wrote it like that.

While I don't watch too much TNA, I do think that they just need to cut down a little bit on the usage of the elder talent in their 50's or 60's, but not completely trash can them

The sign was written so that TNA was very clear on the sign. TNA was in red and everything else was in black. That's why I wrote it like that.

Very well, but still convinced that it's absolutely no indication that TNA is getting bigger in the business, those signs have been popping up everywhere, and I'm most certain the WWE sign has probably popped up at TNA, the sign thing has been done before in both WCW and WWE during that time, and neither of the companies got significantly, if any, larger because of it.

Eh, I wouldn't say it's an indication that they're becoming "dominant" in any sense. This is just a case of semantics in which you used the wrong adjective. "Known" would have been the better choice of words here in that they're becoming more "known", as noted by the sole sign (and I'm sure there have been others, and will be others) that was an obvious tribute to TNA.

Watching RAW on my DVR, I noticed that there was a guy with a TNA sign. It said TORONTO NEEDS A IMPACT! It made me wonder whether TNA is starting to get more popular.

What do you guys think? Is TNA starting to become a more dominant force in the business? Or are they just another doomed company?

And, let's not forget that this sentence is incorrect. "Toronto needs an Impact." What does that have to do with anything? Nothing at all. I just felt like being goofy.

The thing is, though, regardless of what one fan put on a sign, that one fan still spent his money to go to a WWE show. McMahon still wins in that, because in business, money does, in fact, talk.

1 sign means 1 person would rather watch tna over wwe, 1 guy...TNA is 50 years behind wwe, they've got a long way to go, very long way to go to be anywhere near what wwe is now..so your answer is simply NO...jus look at the poll...

Well the wrestlers themselves have done some slight acknowledging. Chris Jericho doing Hogan taunts on Jan. 4 springs to mind. Matt Stryker announcing Christians return as "Instantly Classic" as well. Slowly but steadily TNA is showing up on WWE. But I definably would not say the are a "force". They aren't even mainstream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back