• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA: 2006 vs 2008

TNA: 2006 vs 2008

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paralyzer Z

Fuck honor
Much like my WWE year comparison thread I will now do TNA for the second time.

2006, the year of Captain Charisma Christian Cage (alliteration right there) and once again Jeff Jarrett. I Started watching TNA during that time period and i do not remember much to be honest. 2008 on the other hand was the year of Samoa Joe and his epic title run that ended with the beginning of the Main event Mafia story line.

I am going to pick 2008 because I loved Samoa Joe's title run with all the good matches he put on. Plus they ended it with the M.E.M and who doesn't love the mafia?

In which year did TNA have the better product? Why?

Easy choice here for me. TNA in 2006.

TNA debuted on TV and I watched every week and made sure to catch it on Youtube on the off chance that I missed it.

The X-Division actually meant something and had loads of talent, The Tag Team Division looked so superb with Styles & Daniels, LAX, AMW, Naturals, Team 3D, Team Canada, etc. and the World Title scene was good also. I actually liked Sting and Jeff Jarrett feuding for the most part of the year.

I just liked the overall product of TNA in 2006 because it was something new on TV. It broke out onto the scene and it pushed a lot of its younger talent then. It was sad that Joe had to have his streak broken before winning the World Title. I think his World Title reign was booked bad anyway, but that's besides that the point. They focused more on the wrestling more than storylines and the wrestling was awesome. You didn't need some complex storyline for TNA. These guys had the talent to put entertaining matches.

Looking at it now compared to back then......Good God what happened?

After Bound For Glory took place in Detroit, you could slowly notice the change TNA was taking.

Joe's unbeaten streak was ended by Kurt Angle, Booker T. debuting, Abyss and James Mitchell splitting up, all the weird gimmick matches they were coming up with. It looked like the same product, but it was changing little by little and I gave it a chance, but I couldn't get into it like I could before. They tried doing storylines, and I just couldn't. I'll give The Main Event Mafia Angle a good report because it was Old vs New. It was like a newer version of the Millionaires Club vs New Blood, but A LOT better. So, I'll give TNA that.

Don't even get me started on the crap they have going on right now.

Long story short, I prefer this:

[YOUTUBE]BCYbTX32kvc[/YOUTUBE]

over this:

[YOUTUBE]4ySkPZrlTjA[/YOUTUBE]

Following my formula…

2006 – On the NWA TNA World Title scene, we had Jeff Jarrett, Christian Cage, Sting, and Abyss holding 10 Pounds Of Gold.

2008 – On the TNA World Title scene, we had Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, and Sting holding Orlando Championship Wrestling Title Belt.

I’m going to go with 2008. Aside from the Main Event scene, which is what draws the money, I’m going to have to say it was the formation of the Main Event Mafia that swayed my vote to 2008. They were the “Greatest” collection of World Champions ever and when Booker T. introduced the Legends Championship, I was amazed. Everyone loves the M. E. Mob. It's all about M. E., the Main Event!!

Easy choice here for me. TNA in 2006.

TNA debuted on TV and I watched every week and made sure to catch it on Youtube on the off chance that I missed it.

The X-Division actually meant something and had loads of talent, The Tag Team Division looked so superb with Styles & Daniels, LAX, AMW, Naturals, Team 3D, Team Canada, etc. and the World Title scene was good also. I actually liked Sting and Jeff Jarrett feuding for the most part of the year.

I just liked the overall product of TNA in 2006 because it was something new on TV. It broke out onto the scene and it pushed a lot of its younger talent then. It was sad that Joe had to have his streak broken before winning the World Title. I think his World Title reign was booked bad anyway, but that's besides that the point. They focused more on the wrestling more than storylines and the wrestling was awesome. You didn't need some complex storyline for TNA. These guys had the talent to put entertaining matches.

Looking at it now compared to back then......Good God what happened?

After Bound For Glory took place in Detroit, you could slowly notice the change TNA was taking.

Joe's unbeaten streak was ended by Kurt Angle, Booker T. debuting, Abyss and James Mitchell splitting up, all the weird gimmick matches they were coming up with. It looked like the same product, but it was changing little by little and I gave it a chance, but I couldn't get into it like I could before. They tried doing storylines, and I just couldn't. I'll give The Main Event Mafia Angle a good report because it was Old vs New. It was like a newer version of the Millionaires Club vs New Blood, but A LOT better. So, I'll give TNA that.

Don't even get me started on the crap they have going on right now.

Long story short, I prefer this:

[YOUTUBE]BCYbTX32kvc[/YOUTUBE]

over this:

[YOUTUBE]4ySkPZrlTjA[/YOUTUBE]

WOW I guesss i did not know what I missed in 2006.

To be fair a shit load of those youtube music videos are misleading. I have seen epic videos made from some of the worst pay per views the company has ever produced. I saw one of against all odds 2010, thes song used was great and gave the video an important feel but the event itself is nothing special.

I am sticking with 2008 because the MEM storyline was most likley the best I have ver seen from TNA. On a sode note 2006 had my favorite TNA match of all time. Christopher daniels and A.J styles vs LAX in an ultimate X match ( I think it was No surrender). Though I have not seen much of the year too really judge it for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back