• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tito Ortiz to WWE?

OIL

Championship Contender
Paul Heyman said in an interview with The Sun that Tito Ortiz could be used in the wrestling business, along with his girlfriend Jenna Jameson.

Is it a good idea?

I think it is, because he could come to RAW and become the top heel, similar to Bill Goldberg, unstoppable. Plus, with Jenna Jameson in his corner, well, the media would be tuning into RAW, no question.

Idk, he would still require some formal wrestling training. So his luster might wear off over that time period.

If it doesn't wear off, he could be a great aquisition for WWE(as I doubt he'd go to TNA). He was a great UFC fighter and could very well play the role you suggested. The only problem is (correct me if I'm wrong) is that i don't think hes very tall.

WWE doesn't usually like to push smaller people as unstoppable monsters.

Either way he could be a top player in the WWE.

Hmm... This could be WM25s version of Maywether/Show, and I think it could spark some mainstream attention, and possibly score a few more buys, but don't think it's likely, if I remember right years ago when his feud with Ken Shamrock first started he took shots at Shamrock for wresting for WWE, not to mention Ortiz has worked several times with TNA, and from what I understand has a good relationship with Teney, so it seems like an Ortiz match would be a little more likely in TNA perhaps a match at BFG

if I remember right years ago when his feud with Ken Shamrock first started he took shots at Shamrock for wresting for WWE, not to mention Ortiz has worked several times with TNA, and from what I understand has a good relationship with Teney, so it seems like an Ortiz match would be a little more likely in TNA perhaps a match at BFG

I heard that he was a huge wrestling fan, or was he taking shots at him because it was the WWE?

And yeah he has worked for TNA, but, again, TNA can't offer him the big stage to work on, not to mention the salary. Plus, I can't see Jenna Jameson wanting to go to that shit studio which they tape iMPACT! in every week. If they watched WrestleMania 24 then im sure they would want to be a part of it.

And I didn't mean a one time match, I meant a proper wrestler.

While I agree that Tito would be very valuable to the pro wrestling industry, I still agree with him that he still has three more years left of MMA in him. If he goes on to EliteXC, a place with MUCH less competition at 205 than what the UFC currently has, I can see him becoming even more of a star than he currently is, and I see him ending his awesome MMA career on a high note, rather than leaving the sport after his lost against Machida.

As far as which wrestling company he would benefit more from, TNA or WWE, I have to say WWE if for short term, TNA for long term. Tito would never want to deal with WWE's road schedule, but I could see him loving to perform at a Wrestlemania. As far as TNA, if Tito were to enter pro wrestling seriously and want to make a big star of himself in the biz, I see him being more attracted to TNA since he would only have to work once a week and the pay would be great.

In the end though, I only see Tito doing something short term in pro wrestling (like either a Wrestlemania match against someone like Cena, or a program against Kurt Angle in TNA), and I don't see it happening until a few more years down the line. I think he's more interested in becoming a movie star more so than a pro wrestling 'superstar' anyway.

Why would Ortiz go to WWE , when some shit MMA fed will pay him more than he's worth to participate in one fight?

Why would Ortiz go to WWE , when some shit MMA fed will pay him more than he's worth to participate in one fight?

Because it isn't always about the money.

And he could spread his name throughout the Pro Wrestling Industry, meaning more people know about him, like what Mayweather did.

And I meant he could become a proper pro wrestler, not just a one off appearance.

Tito has pretty much said he's staying in MMA. If he doesn't resign with the UFC, which is still a possibility, he'll go elsewhere. He wants to fight Frank Shamrock again so EliteXC will probably try to sign him.

Focusing more on the pro wrestling side, I don't think any promotion would try to build another Goldberg ever again. I mean, nothing is like WCW anymore, and no one wants to bury any of their stars that aren't already buried for some new Goldberg-type guy.

Could you see Tito Ortiz going over and making people such as Orton, Jericho, HHH, and 'Taker look like blow up dolls?

Focusing more on the pro wrestling side, I don't think any promotion would try to build another Goldberg ever again. I mean, nothing is like WCW anymore, and no one wants to bury any of their stars that aren't already buried for some new Goldberg-type guy.

Could you see Tito Ortiz going over and making people such as Orton, Jericho, HHH, and 'Taker look like blow up dolls?

Probably go over Orton yeah, Jericho probably, HHH jobs anyway, well, when he is feeling nice.

And id say he should just beat the mid-card people up tbh. Then move on to the top guys, and thats when super HHH comes in, looks like he is about to lose, does his version of "hulking up" and wins.

Unbelieveable scenes!

Because it isn't always about the money.

And he could spread his name throughout the Pro Wrestling Industry, meaning more people know about him, like what Mayweather did.

And I meant he could become a proper pro wrestler, not just a one off appearance.

Yes it is. As an athlete you have a very limited career. If you don't try to make as much money as possible in the short time you have, your an idiot.

Yes it is. As an athlete you have a very limited career. If you don't try to make as much money as possible in the short time you have, your an idiot.

Lmao true. Yeah but after the career, they might get other jobs related to it BECAUSE everyone knows who they are.

Hense why he should try different things.

Yeah you're probably right. But i'm sure he'd like to expand his options once his fighting days are over.

And lets face it, the WWE is bigger than UFC.

I guess they are probably more popular ATM because they're experiencing a boom like the WWE did during the Attitude Era.

But overall WWE is a bigger company than UFC.

WWE has a bigger fan base. Bigger revenue (probably).

WWE has been around longer, more people know about it. (Well, if you say WWF anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back