• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Time Machine: Build-A-Faction

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
A crazy old wizard has finally succeeded in creating a a magical time machine. He was apparently a huge wrestling fan, and decided to test out his machine he would create the ultimate faction from throughout the history of the business. However, because of some odd, totally not-explained limitation, you can only bring forth two people from the past!

Here are the rules:
-You must choose ONE person from the 80's
-You must choose ONE person from the 90's
-You must choose ONE modern WWE wrestler
-You must choose ONE modern TNA wrestler

If you like you may also include an independent wrestler not currently signed by WWE or TNA. Whether or not they have wrestled for either company in the past is completely up to you. Give reasons for your team-mates and discuss who they would go up against. Keep in mind you are BRINGING THEM TO THE PRESENT.

I think I'd base the group around the formula of Four Horsemen/Evolution; Phenomenal talent, all across the board, leading to dominance, but eventually the implosion stemming from self-centred jealousy.

80's: Ric Flair.
One of the best in the world, especially here,; the true centrepeice of the NWA. A key part of the Four Horsemen; he would be the leader and the main guy in this group; the guy who would be the main challenger for the world title.

90's: Mr. Perfect
Modern WWE: Dolph Ziggler
Many have made comparisons between these two, down to both their appearances and their slickness in the ring. I would have these two in a tag team, also hunting for midcard gold along with the tag titles; I think their styes would compliment eachother, and I think they could draw heat like no other team.

Modern TNA: James Storm
Easily the second main talker in the group; I would have Storm as the midcard title guy that would eventually userp the leader and become world champion (ala Randy Orton/Evolution). I would have Flair seemingly groom him to being the next main guy, then try to get him to 'lay down' for Flair. Maybe, for a while he would, then eventually he'd break away.

Indy: Chris Hero
My preferance would be to have Hero over Storm, but as I have to have a TNA guy, I've been fighting with myself over including Hero in. He would be another midcard guy to eventually break out; maybe he and Storm would tease breaking free of the group, then Hero turns on Storm, re-aligning with the group and kicking Storm out in the process.

The group would be mainly centred on Raw (with Flair and Storm and Ziggler based there, and Perfect and Hero on Smackdown) with crossing between the two brands. Not sure on a name, something like The Syndicate (a name I've used in the past few WWE names for a stable). Let's run with that for now (any suggestions are welcome)

Note: aplologies for the length; I went into full fantasy booking mode, and have planned out from Summerslam till Extreme Rules...

The Formation

To begin, I'd have Flair in a title match on a PPV, maybe Summerslam, against CM Punk, who hates Flair's stylin' and profilin' party attitude (for the record, I would love to see Flair in his prime vs CM Punk in his current role). Building up to the PPV, I would have Ziggler and Perfect form their team on Raw (dubbed 'True Perfection'), and challenge for the tag belts (lets say Air Boom for now) but come up short. Backstage I would have Flair pass them, and make some kind of comment, something like 'Talent's one thing boys, but sometimes you need a little bit of...unity. WOO!' During the same period, Storm could debut on Raw, and Hero could debut on Smackdown. Again backstage, Punk could address them both, greeting them with hugs, making the most of their past indy relations (exaggerated, obviously). Then, at Summerslam, Punk looks as if he comes out on top, but the referee gets knocked down. True Perfection hits the ring, takes out Punk, new champion, big shock. The night after, Punk has his rematch, with Hero and Storm as outside enforcers, in a steel cage. It's looking like Punk has it again, only TP show up again. They face off at the bottom of the ramp with Hero and Storm, till suddely they both turn, and all four men face the ring. They then charge, theough the door and over the cage, taking out Punk and the ref.

Kings of the World

Following this, I'd have them dominate Raw and Smackdown; interfering in eachothers matches, taking guys out who they deem to be 'inferior', leading to another PPV where Storm has a US title match against Alex Riley, Hero has an IC Title match against Cody Rhodes, True Perfection have a title match against Air Boom and Flair has one more match against Punk; the stipulation being if any of the Syndicate interfere, Flair loses the title, but if Punk loses, he can't challenge one-on-one for the title whilst Flair is champion. The result? The Syndicate win all the gold, and end the PPV (Hell in a Cell?) as the dominant force over the company, with the only title they don't have being the WHC. The following Raw, have them all come out, gloating, as usual. Then Punk comes out, running his mouth, challenging them to a Survivor Series match at Survivor Series. Flair laughs it off, asking who would be idiotic enough to side with Punk and challenge them? cue Air Boom, Alex Riley and Cody Rhodes (despite being a heel, as hatred for the Syndicate would unite faces and heels, ala Edge and Jericho in team WWE vs Nexus). They accept, but Vince McMahon (in charge after his whole 'power struggle' thing finishes) comes out and mixes things up; he makes a match of team captains; Punk vs Flair; if Flair wins, They Syndicate get a championship berth, meaning they won't have to defend their titles till the Royal Rumble, but if Punk wins, then should his team win, every title held by the Syndicate changes hands to its original owner.

Survivor Series comes, with number one contender matces in place of the usual title matches (save for the Divas and World Heavyweight title matches), till the main event, with every other title on the line. Hero and Ziggler are eliminated first, with Kofi next. Perfect is next, leaving Storm and Flair against Riley, Bourne, Rhodes and Punk. After some back and forth, Flair eliminates Rhodes, then Bourne, and Storm eliminates Riley. Punk rallies, and Punk takes out Flair, leaving him and former friend Storm. Flair interferes, and Storm picks up the win for his team.

The Break-Down

After two months of the usual domination, Royal Rumble comes, with each title defended successfully except the IC title, which Hero loses to Daniel Bryan. However, later in the show, Hero goes on to eliminate Randy Orton from the Royal Rumble, winning the event. The following Raw, he declares his intention to challenge the WHC at Mania. Backstage, Storm asks Hero if he's ever thought of breaking away, and turning on Flair. They both exchange words, indicating that they may be considering this. The build up to the Elimination Chamber PPV includes Storm qualifying for Raw's chamber, and losing his US title. Both begin to show signs of dissent, including walking away from true Perfections tag title match, resulting in them losing the belts. The PPV comes, and Stom ends up being the last main in Flair's way. Flair makes him lie down for him, which he reluctantly agrees to, after pressure from Ziggler and Perfect.

They build to Wrestlemania, during which time Storm argues with everyone in the Syndicate, whilst Hero stays quiet on his opinion. The Raw before the event, Cena (the number one contender) calls out Storm and tells him to be a man. Flair comes out, and tells him to be the man, he has to beat the man. Storm goes to hit Flair, but instead turns and pummels Cena, leaving him a bloody mess. Wrestlemania comes, and the main events are Hero vs Orton (who won Smackdowns Elimination Chamber) and Flair vs Cena. Hero wins his title match, and tells Flair that he and Storm have his back. During the match the referee gets knocked down, and Storm and Hero come down to ringside. Flair beckons Cena to get up, but as he does, Storm superkicks Flair and he and Hero leave, and Cena pins Flair to become the new world champion.

Back on Top

During the period between Mania and Extreme Rules, Hero and Storm brawl with the remains of the Syndicate, with Storm being made the number one contender for John Cena's world title in the process. Flair invokes his rematch clause, making it triple threat. Punk is then added, as he is now able to have a title match, and it is made into an elimination match. At the event, Ziggler wins against Daniel Bryan for the Intercontinental Title, and Perfect wins the US title, and Hero retains his WHC. The last two men of the elimination match are Storm and Flair. Flair looks to be about to lose, as Ziggler hits the ring. The referee goes to stop him, and Perfect comes from the crowd. As he does, Hero follows him, and they stand off as Ziggler distracts the referee. Both Flair and Storm are up, and Storm is nailed by Hero with the WHC belt, leaving Flair to win the WWE title back, and leaving The Syndicate back on top.

The Final Act

From here, I would have Storm eventually come out on top with Flair at the next PPV, and after a couple of months I would have Ziggler and Perfect leave, beating down Hero and Flair on their way out. Then, with Flair in his corner, I'd have Hero lose the WHC at a PPV (maybe back at Hell in a Cell, to add some poetic irony) with Flair interfering, spelling the final end to the Syndicate.

Sorry Mike, thats probably a bit more in-depth to what you were after :p I also accept that it's far from perfect, but that would be my group, and that would be the story that they would tell.

They are the “Illuminati of Wrestling”.

Given that we’re time travelling, why not bring the GOATs together??

Representing the 1980s – “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair.
There is no one better to represent the 80s than the leader of the Four Horsemen, “Apocalypse” himself, Ric Flair. With about 15 different incarnations of the group, the only constant was Flair (Arn Anderson missed only one incarnation). That’s the definition of “cornerstone”.

Representing the 1990s – “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan.
If we’re going to do this, let’s do this right. To be the man, you gotta beat the man…but why beat him, when you can join him. Hogan changed the Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment World twice. I’m not sure about you, but I rather have him on my team than to go against him.

Representing WWE – Triple H.
If I’m going to bring in the Leaders of the 2 greatest factions of all time using my Time Machine, then I may as well bring in the Leader of the 3rd and 4th greatest faction of all time, Hunter Hearst Helmsley. A lot of you may agree that DX is the 3rd greatest faction of all time, and I know some of you won’t agree that Evolution is the 4th, but just look at the history. They were just as successful as the “Big 3” Super Groups. The only difference with Evolution and D Horsemen World Order X is Evolution didn’t overstay their welcome on TV.

Representing TNA – Kurt Angle.
You guessed it. The Leader of the 5th greatest faction of all time, the Main Event Mafia, will be joining my Dream Team. He found a lot of his success on his own, but half of it, he found with help from friends. The Greatest Wrestler of all time will be the work horse of the team.

Representing the Independents – Chris Jericho.
Okay, I’m reaching here, but technically, he is an Independent Superstar cause he’s not currently associated with WWE or TNA, so I’m adding my favorite of all time to my team.

I’d like to see them feud with Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock (two of my Top 5), Sting (vs. Flair), Kevin Nash (vs. Hogan), Shawn Michaels (vs. Triple H), John Cena and Randy Orton (WWE’s current Main Attraction Superstars) and A. J. Styles (vs. Kurt Angle).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back