• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thursday Night Wars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

supergav67

Pre-Show Stalwart
First,let me do the usual cover-my-ass & say apologies if this has been done or touched on before.
But maybe Im reading too much WZ Forums.Maybe Im watching too many Utube clips of WCW during the Monday Night Wars,but from what I gather;
Vince is getting on abit,a ,is making cutbacks,though we,re not ,saying he,s skint himself,.The same stars get the same titles,apart from ECW which doesnt count.Outside the World titles,the others are meaningless.& TNA though young & promising ,could do better,.Its WWE-lite or WCW Continued,,with NWA & RoH about to breathe down ItS TV neck.so says WZF.
For the sake of this thread ,lets gather from that that WWE is there for the taking but TNA needs a boost.,so lets start a Thursday Night War (kayfabe natch).Say Spike TV are all for it & will do AnythinG to promote it .& Dixie & Jeff have the money to sign AnybodY,thanks to new investor.(for irony sake,make it Donald trump).& can sign any Ex WWF,ECW.WCW ,Indy & even former TNA stars.They can also entice any current WWE star away,wrestler,diva,valet,announcer/,S.
This could be your dream roster starting with TNA as is.Who would you buy,who do you think would just tip the scales in TNAs favour.Who would have Vince thinking "Not Again!","Happy Birthday Shane,Heres Your Present,its WWE,Im Off!" or booking flights to Montreal.Would non wrestling fans get behind it.Would it reach the equivalent heights the MNWs did.Are there any stars in or around WWE TO make a difference..
In short,who,whom or what would it take for TNA to overtake WWE like NoW,& even worse,how would ThiS one end.?

TNA would have to have a major coup happen in order to get the boost they need. As far as acquiring talent, they would have to bring in John Cena or Triple H. I'm not going to get into the argument of how one wrestler or the other would be impossible to sign or just flat out wouldn't happen, I'm just saying what I think would NEED to happen. I guess I could also see someone like Randy Orton or Edge being able to bring TNA to the forefront. This isn't the only option, however. TNA could, in my opinion, have an event transpire so huge that new talent isn't necessary. What that event is, I don't know. I wish I did. I'd send them the idea. Free of charge. Just because I love wrestling that much. Head to head, even if for a short time, with WWE would make things interesting again.

Basically TNA needs the WWE to collapse and shut down. WWE is the name when you mention wrestling to anyone, most non-wrestling fans don't know what TNA is. That may be a little extreme, but WCW was a much bigger brand when they started buying all the talent.

With that being said, they'd need Cena to stop wrestling, I don't think TNA would need him, they'd just need him out of the WWE. I think TNA would need Orton, since he's young and has immense talent, and I think if they could pry Lesnar away from MMA they'd have a chance.

Simple. TNA and ROH should merge. Have 2 shows and the advertisement to go with it. TNA will bring in the CMLL and New Japan stars for some special events. Create a show around Styles, Joe and Angle , one around the remainder of the MEM, EY, and developental. It sounds like it would work. TNA is doing a little more advertising on non-Spike networks. It may be in a position to do more when this year is over. Team 3D apparently has a great wrestling school to draw from.

What TNA (and the WWE)would then need is the cool factor to come back in wrestling.

Simple. TNA and ROH should merge. Have 2 shows and the advertisement to go with it. TNA will bring in the CMLL and New Japan stars for some special events. Create a show around Styles, Joe and Angle , one around the remainder of the MEM, EY, and developental. It sounds like it would work. TNA is doing a little more advertising on non-Spike networks. It may be in a position to do more when this year is over. Team 3D apparently has a great wrestling school to draw from.

What TNA (and the WWE)would then need is the cool factor to come back in wrestling.

well I would restructure the TNA roster for this competition. I would get rid of the cometary team and replace them with two older ledgends who did cometary like Macho Man, Micheal Hayes, Al Snow, Hulk Hogan, Ted Diabiasse, Dusty Rhodes, Lex Luger, or even Raven. Then from here I will take one major Star away from WWE, it will be HBK, you might ask why him, well because he can be lured by the championship and he is the top guy in wwe that will benifit from the switch, like when Hogans carrer was basically over in wwf back in the day. I would go after some free agents to add flare to the show, I would lure in D-LO Brown, Ultimate Red, Jerry Lyn, and other origionals so it will nicely revive some of the greatest old tna fueds an partnerships, anyone remeber how awesome the DLO and Styles matches were. I will also bring in Sean Waltman, Al Snow, Kenny Dykstra, Tajji, Brian Lawyler, Big Dady V, Chris Masters, Elijah Burke, Gangrel, heidrichen, Scotty Too Hotty, Midion, boogyman, snitksy, Val Venus, giant bernard, taka, DDP, Maven, Shamrock, and Kimbo Slice. Any combination of these guys will greatly benifit TNA since all of these guyscanbe used greately in Fueds and can add some dept. Wont add every guy on this list but adding about 8 free agents and 3 or 4 former TNA guys of these guys will benifit tna. Lets release about three more guys one being Kevin Nash, Sctt Steiner, and Creed. This will greatly elevate TNA

Actually there is going to be a Thursday night war, since WWE's new program starts next month (I think) on WGN and I think it will be opposite of TNA. Of course I don't see that show being a threat to TNA at all. From what I understand it's going to be along the lines of Sunday Night Heat where they show 2 or 3 underxcard matches and highlights of RAW and Smackdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back