• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Three hell in a cell matches?

Kesteral

Occasional Pre-Show
I think it's pretty obvious that Smackdown's going to get a hell in a cell match the same as RAW at the HIAC PPV. So this means there will be at least three hell in a cell matches that night. Doesn't that sound a little bit like overkill, we've already got two elimination chamber matches at No way out and now we're going to see three hell in a cell matches when usually we see one a year. Where did they get this idea from? TNA? Does this mean that we're going to get three TLC matches at the TLC ppv?

Hell in the cell matches are supposed to be epic, things that you get so excited for because you rarely see them. I wasn't happy about the idea of having a match themed PPV because I thought it would be more exciting not knowing when the match was going to happen, but I'm even more annoyed that we're now going to see three in one night. The elimination chamber matches really don't feel like they used to, they just feel like normal matches now. Sadly I feel this is going to happen with the HIAC match, it's going to become a regular event and it won't be as exciting to watch.

I just hope the WWE realise this because after the first HIAC which will most likely be DX/Legacy I won't want to see two more after. We will have already seen everything done in there, all the usual spots. It will be boring after the second one and it's just going to ruin the matches.

More than one HIAC is a terrible idea. Now 3 is beyond terrible.
The whole originality of the thing will be ruined and the most destructive structure in WWE`s history will just be meh. HIAC should be 1 per year as part of a storyline, not a concept ppv.
Kinda make me remember that TNA ppv i`ve watched with all matches in cages...rubbish stuff and mainly due to the fact all the matches were in there.

The problem with the whole PPV theme is you have to have a match worthy of Hell In A Cell and later on TLC. So we will probably get the same main event as the previous month to help sell the match. So WWE Title Orton vs. Cena, Legacy vs. DX, and WHC Undertaker vs. CM Punk. The same matches minus DX and Legacy will happen at TLC. Makes the whole previous PPV not matter since they square off again in like 3 weeks. We get the same match with a new stipulation. What will be funny is if Orton wins the title back, then everyone is gonna be upset that they took the title off of Cena.

TNA has Lockdown, where every match is 6 sides of steel

I'm surprised the WWE is just now jumping on this idea of having an entire PPV devoted to Hell in the Cell matches.

The only problem I see with this PPV, is its right after Breaking point, which was an entire PPV devoted to submission matches, and is followed by Survival Series which is a tag team based gimmick PPV, and the RR and EC PPV's are not that far off

I agree with avi01. Hell in a Cell was an innovation brought in to be the end-all, be-all match in a program. It was supposed to be the most brutal, torturous match in the WWE. Bodies are broken and bloody. People are injured... legit injured (That image of Foley with the tooth up his nose will forever remind us of that). The first few HIAC matches were gold, especially Taker vs. HBK and Taker vs. Mankind.

Putting multiple HIAC matches on a single card... hell, naming the PPV HIAC... is indeed overkill. That match is supposed to be the breathtaker, the highlight, THE main event. Now, with at least THREE HIAC MATCHES on the card, the match will indeed lose its luster. It will just be thought of as another match. I like the idea of a PPV where each match is under the same stips, but not HIAC. That needs to be reserved to end a rather heated feud, IMO.

Hell in a Cell has lost its impact in the WWE. Did you hear the crowd when Trish announced the match, it was pretty dull. Hell in a Cell should be a match between two people who are feuding over personal issues (and not a title) and the match should put an end to the feud. Now the novelty and intensity of the match has been lost.

Given the name of the PPV I think it's safe to assume that every match on the card will be a HIAC.

Totally right on this one. Every match on this card will be a HIAC match. Just like every match at Survivor Series is a Survivor Series match and the Royal Rumble is made up of all Royal Rumble matches. It's not going to be every match, just like every match at Breaking Point wasn't a submission match. When will people get this through their thick skulls?

With that being said, while I liked the idea of submission matches at Breaking Point, I'm not crazy about the idea of multiple HIAC matches. HIAC has come to be the feud-ending match in WWE. DX/Legacy may end at HIAC, but I don't feel that UT/Punk or Cena/Orton will. Where do they go with these feuds after that?

I supposed UT/Punk could go to a Buried Alive match at SS, but I'm not sure what type of blow-off match Cena/Orton could have.

Sad to see Hell In A Cell used this way as a gimmick PPV. This type of match should be used to and a feud or program and not be used this way. I don't know if WWE is trying to copy TNA's LockDown themed PPV but I hope that's not the case because even that is failure. I see the Undertaker facing Punk and I can believe Orton/Cena, but DX vs Legacy? I don't know what they are thinking and having at least 3 of them in a single night is just taking the prestige away from this finale type of match.

I'm actually a fan of themed PPVs, but only when they are unique and interesting. The ones I like are Royal Rumble, Breaking Point, Night of Champions, Cyber Sunday/Bragging Rights, No Way Out, and Extreme Rules. Each of those has something unique to offer, and something we rarely see: Breaking Point has submission matches, Royal Rumble has the Royal Rumble, Night of Champions features every championship, No Way Out has the elimination chamber, Bragging Rights features fan voting, and Extreme Rules is full of gimmick matches. They should stick with those, because they feature matches you won't see on free TV.

Hell in a Cell and TLC matches were great because you rarely saw them, and they were announced spontaneously. Since they only happened once in a while, you never got tired of them. Having a PPV with three+ in a night just sounds terrible. It sounds terrible on paper, and it will be terrible in practice.

i like the fact they are having the main events in a hell in a cell. I dont think the crowd reacted great last night to it, is because we all already knew that it would be a hitc. The thing i dont like is that 2 out of 3 main events are already the same matches we watched at breakpoint. I just hope we dont see them again tlc, and i hope we see morrison, hardy,kofi, bourne, and other guys who are not affraid to fly

I honestly don't see what everyone's problem is with these. I have a feeling all three of these matches will be very entertaining and, at the end of the day, that's first and foremost what I give a crap about. If I'm not entertained, then what the hell is the point?

It's not like every other week the WWE has a HIAC match, I don't know why the frig people are wiggin' out over this. Christ, you'd think Vince McMahon just asked us all to donate kidneys.

I had my reservations about Breaking Point, but I thought it was a very good show. The only match on the card I didn't like really was Kane vs. The Great Khali for obvious reasons. Some people hated the ending to the Punk/Taker match, but I thought it was great. It builds up the feud for a more brutal match against one another at the HIAC ppv, which is ultimately what the WWE wanted to do all along. The match itself at BP wasn't that great, but it wasn't meant to be. As for the other two that we know of, DX/Legacy and Cena/Orton, the last two matches all these guys have had against one another have been great. I've been especially pleased and surprised by Legacy. So, I'm just gonna put my feet up during the ppv and enjoy because I have a gut feeling I'm going to be very entertained. And, if I'm not, then I'll concede that everyone's been right about the HIAC ppv all along.

To be honest here , an all HIAC ppv sounds cool but the thing that annoys me and I know it will is that we are going to see the same spots over and over again the whole night . Look at the elimination chamber its the same spots match after match . The HIAC new design doesn't allow creativity so its basically a steel cage match , also if I may add HIAC should not be headlined by any one , example : cena vs rko :wtf: tell me what can they do get hand cuffs and have a hardcore sex again . HIAC should be held by 2 men that have a long heated feud that has the fans attention and those 2 men should at least be hardcore and can go all the way . I swear if I see one head lock in the cena rko HIAC match I am going to close my stream lol , which tells you that this ppv doesn't interest me so I am not buying it.

I think 2 HIAC matches should be the limit but I believe they will have as many as 4 because SmackDown will put Punk/Taker (and maybe Batista) in the cell and you can't tell me that ECW won't have one with Christian against whomever (maybe Tommy Dreamer).

However, there is also this thinking that the PPV is called Hell in a Cell for a reason. Perhaps all matches will take place inside the cell much like what TNA does with Lockdown.

I think that HIAC went too far. Everyone knows that the HIAC match is only used as a grand finale for a feud. Its not used for a feud that started less then a month ago, such as all of the HIAC matches for the PPV. It really ruins the concept of HIAC.

TLC is even worse!! The TLC PPV shouldn't be every match is a TLC match, it should be 1 Main Event match is a Tables match, another is a Ladder match, and the last is a First Blood match.

I agree with all of the previous comments. Having more than one of the same "themed" type matches kills the appeal of the match for me. Having 1 "Money in the Bank" match at WM usually makes it stand out, and you look forward to it. My 5 yr old son and I were watching some old WCW War Games stuff the other day and he thought it was the coolest thing how they had two rings side by side. I remember thinking the same thing when I was younger b/c all the matches on teh undercard would be held in the two rings, and then the cage woud only be dropped down for the actual War Games event. It kept it interesting (except that it was not tall enough to do anything really cool in). WWE should do something to incorporate two rings side by side with todays performers. With all the crazy stuff they can do in one ring compared to the 80's, I think it would be really sweet to see some of the creative spots that could come out of it.

Given the name of the PPV I think it's safe to assume that every match on the card will be a HIAC.

You are an idiot. Just like at Breaking Point only the main event matches will have the special stipulation. Cena vs Orton, DX vs Legacy, and Punk vs Taker will be HIAC matches. The other matches will be regular matches. As far as the idea goes, 3 is a lot but I guess at least now we know when the HIAC matches are going to happen.

Will people PLEASE stop bitching about how 3 HIAC matches in one night is a bad thing. YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THEM YET. I've preached this since the beginning... every single gimmick match loses its luster over a period of time. There was a time when cage matches were what HIAC matches are today. Let the business evolve. How do you know the E isn't going to come up with something more creative than the HIAC match in the next 5-10 years or so? The Elimination Chamber is brilliant and was brought in after HIAC. It too will lose its luster in time no matter how many times you see it.

If the matches themselves are entertaining, who gives a shit how many there are in a night? And if you have 2 shitty ones, and then the final one is amazing... you at least got one good HIAC match. Whereas if there was one HIAC match (like there was one TLC match at SSlam... which I thought would be way better), you're less likely to finish the PPV disappointed. People bitched about Breaking Point and how bad of an idea it was, and guess what? Breaking Point was actually a pretty decent PPV.

I can't stand how people shit all over everything before they even see it. I've said it already and I'll say it forever... gimmick matches lose their luster over time. Look at the Texas Bullrope matches and "item" on a pole matches. Those used to be damn exciting 15-20 years ago. Now they're practically non-existant. And who's bitching about it? Nobody. Shut the eff up, let the PPV come, ACTUALLY WATCH THE PPV INSTEAD OF READING RESULTS AND THEN BITCHING ABOUT THE MATCH YOU NEVER SAW BECAUSE YOUR FAVORITE SUPERSTAR LOST, and THEN give your opinion. A simple "I don't like the idea" followed by some supporting statements are fine. Just don't sit there and say "what a bad idea it is" and then have your only backup be how the match type loses prestige and luster. Things evolve. Get over it.

3 match's is pretty overkill with this type of gimmick. I mean, back in the day we would only see this once a year and it was usually the climax of a long intense rivalry. Now however, WWE seems to think these types of PPV's are what we want to see and honestly, maybe a lot of fans want to see this.

The IWC is different from the general fans, we tend to look into these types of things a lot but we are a small percentage of the WWE Universe. I don't like the idea of having themed PPV's like this but hey, it's not gonna change so we may as well look at the positive side. I think the Punk/Taker and Legacy/DX match's should be pretty decent. The Cena/Orton match might be ok as well if done right. I haven't minded their feud too much, they're putting on decent match's so hopefully they'll entertain at the PPV.

In regards to someone asking about the TLC PPV they have said they will have a main event TLC match and then a tables match and a ladder match as well so it won't be full of TLC match's.

I think it's pretty obvious that Smackdown's going to get a hell in a cell match the same as RAW at the HIAC PPV. So this means there will be at least three hell in a cell matches that night. Doesn't that sound a little bit like overkill, we've already got two elimination chamber matches at No way out and now we're going to see three hell in a cell matches when usually we see one a year. Where did they get this idea from? TNA? Does this mean that we're going to get three TLC matches at the TLC ppv?

How so? It's 3 Hell in a Cell matches on a PPV that, you know, highlights the Hell in a Cell match. It's like complaining about tag matches on Survivor Series.

Hell in the cell matches are supposed to be epic, things that you get so excited for because you rarely see them. I wasn't happy about the idea of having a match themed PPV because I thought it would be more exciting not knowing when the match was going to happen, but I'm even more annoyed that we're now going to see three in one night. The elimination chamber matches really don't feel like they used to, they just feel like normal matches now. Sadly I feel this is going to happen with the HIAC match, it's going to become a regular event and it won't be as exciting to watch.

How is it going to become a regular event when Hell in a Cell matches are saved for only one PPV a year?

The Elimination Chamber matches don't count because they are just those, elimination chamber matches. They aren't technically Hell in a Cell matches.

I just hope the WWE realise this because after the first HIAC which will most likely be DX/Legacy I won't want to see two more after. We will have already seen everything done in there, all the usual spots. It will be boring after the second one and it's just going to ruin the matches.

Hell in a Cell matches won't be boring if they're fucking done well. Who is bored during a half competent Hell in a Cell match?

Arguing that Hell in a Cell matches will be overplayed when they're only confined to one PPV a year is silly. Maybe if they were making them spread through the year. Then you would have an argument.

Hell in a Cell has lost its impact in the WWE. Did you hear the crowd when Trish announced the match, it was pretty dull. Hell in a Cell should be a match between two people who are feuding over personal issues (and not a title) and the match should put an end to the feud. Now the novelty and intensity of the match has been lost.

yeah, i miss the old hell in a cell matches, that were epic:suspic:

One HITC match is great. :disappointed:Three is jumping the shark. Once a year is fine. It's a great tool to settle a big feud. Is the DX/legacy fued big enough for the HITC yet? I don't think so. Rhodes and Dibase are way too green still to be in such a match and I feel the feud isn't intense enough yet. It's like if DX wrestled the spirt squad in a HITC. Pointless. I also feel the Undertaker/CmPunk feud isnt intense enough to be a HITC match at this moment.
Orton and Cena have a history between them. They have fueded on and off for years. Hopefully the HITC match will finally add some closure to this feud in a dramatic and bloody way.

Also isn't having 3 hell in the cell matches on one card kind of TNAish?:wtf:

Something incredibly stupid has happened her.

Lets fly back some time ago to the advent of the rebirth of ECW. Much to the chagrin of all the original ECW fans we find out that the WWE will have having only one extreme rules match per show (although now we get none at all).

The explination?

The WWE sought to explain this decision with the following analogy (that I have paraphrased since I cant remember the exact wording).

"An extreme rules match is like a car crash, its captivates your attention like nothing else. However if you see a car crash 5 times a week, it will stop impressing you as you will become desensitized and will no longer care"

Now this is not the exact wording however it is the general gist of the explanation given. And now the WWE does this?

The Hell in a cell match is like an Extreme Rules match on cocaine...Or whatever drug it is that makes your mind run at 100 miles per hour.

And they think here that they can put 3 or more car crashes on in one show. The first will be 'Oh thats awesome' the second 'Oh thats pretty cool' the thirds 'Oh...well...yeah...thats alright I guess...'

They are putting together a Pay Per View that I believe will ensure that their main event on the night will not be nearly as potent as it would be if it was the only HIAC match on the card.

Just My Opinion

By having more than one cage match in a single sitting/evening where there isn't any special storyline where the first cage match does haywire & needs to be placed at the end of the card is basically one of the worst ideas that has ever been created. The Hell In The Cell is one of the greatest feud ending matches ever & should be spontaneous where only one single feud is contained inside the cage walls.

Sure, each match will offer something great as the participants can create great matches but the fact that the only feud that can possibly end inside the cell is the DX/Legacy feud just shits all over the legacy of the cell. This used to be known as one of the most sadistic matches ever known to man, & by having three on the card does no justice to what it used to mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back