• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

THQ will charged used game buyers a fee to play online

Yeah, fuck the makers of a game for wanting their fair share of a multi-billion dollar industry and charging $5 dollars to get it.

Where's Doc to tell you to shut up?

I heard it was EA, and it was coming with the 11 series of Sports titles. 10 dollars for the online uses.

Its because Gamespot alone raked in 2 billion+ dollars in used games last year (I think it was one year) and the Gaming Giants got NOTHING out of that. They just want their cut.

Yeah it was EA who did it first (announced it a few days ago)

boo fucking hoo for them. WE WANT OUR CUT TOO! WAAAAA. WE AREN'T GETTING WHAT WE WANT SO WE'RE GOING TO CHARGE YOU FOR IT! WAAAAA!

That's $2Billion that just goes to the store, not one penny goes to the development of games. Think about that.

And how many people are simply going to pay the fee to play online? My guess would be a lot. That or just buy the new version? In other words, the game companies are makign more money as they were supposed to.

Exactly, in theory that should be better for us gamers in the long run.

No matter how small the amount of money, some people are going to be reluctant to pay the amount.

Well fucking deal with it, why should they get it for free?

But many more or just going to pay the $5 to play online. You know why? Because it's just $5.

Yeah it was EA who did it first (announced it a few days ago)

That's $2Billion that just goes to the store, not one penny goes to the development of games. Think about that.

There's DLC that people can buy that goes directly to the developers. Extra in-game content they can purchase to unlock items, etc. Like for example Tiger Woods 10 where you can go to the store and you can use online points to buy gear.

No matter how small the amount of money, some people are going to be reluctant to pay the amount.

Well, if that's the case, that's their choice. They just can't do anything online, which comes in handy when you're playing something like Madden and you want an updated roster.

Wait. Regular games are 60 right?

Used games are let's say 40. One time fee of $5 makes 45 total. In other words, even with the fee it's 25% cheaper and new games make no difference.

Most "new" used games are 5 dollars cheaper then their counter parts. Reality is this means will be making less on trade ins, but traded in games should actually be cheaper to entice people to actually buy them.

And as Lee said, it gives money back to the makers to add more to games. My only issue is DLC. Some DLC I can understand paying for, but when they intentionally pull them out of the game to make you pay later...fuck that. DLC is getting out of hand.

I don't understand how this is an issue. Developers are getting their rightfully deserved share of a multi-billion dollar industry by charging 5 dollars on a game that people can get used for what, 75% of the original price? As KB said, you're still going to save a good 30-25% in the long run.

Then again, I also didn't understand how an illegal alien being denied a student loan could be a big deal. But apparently it's discrimination. Yeah, it's discrimination against a chick that is here illegally. Sorta like how any ex-con can't find a job to save his life...or parole.

And as Lee said, it gives money back to the makers to add more to games. My only issue is DLC. Some DLC I can understand paying for, but when they intentionally pull them out of the game to make you pay later...fuck that. DLC is getting out of hand.

^^ This

DLC is ridiculous, what happened to unlocking things by being good at the game?

Most "new" used games are 5 dollars cheaper then their counter parts. Reality is this means will be making less on trade ins, but traded in games should actually be cheaper to entice people to actually buy them.

Yeah, the one DLC thing that pissed me off was when you wanted to do a new franchise in Madden, and despite setting your depth charts so none of your starters saw any playing time in the preseason (to prevent injury), your star QB still got an injury where he was out for the season.

However, that can all go away, just pay us $1 and we'll heal your guy right away!

Yeah, the one DLC thing that pissed me off was when you wanted to do a new franchise in Madden, and despite setting your depth charts so none of your starters saw any playing time in the preseason (to prevent injury), your star QB still got an injury where he was out for the season.

However, that can all go away, just pay us $1 and we'll heal your guy right away!

But only Once Per Season :banghead:

^^ This

DLC is ridiculous, what happened to unlocking things by being good at the game?

Having money doesn't equal being good at gaming?!? My mind, blown.

Most DLC sucks, some, I can understand, like the Dragon Age DLC. Things that add a lot to a game, not bullshit like what they are doing for almost everything else, where DLC helps you beat the game easier and shit.

DLC? You mean like the $20 expansions that often come no more than 4 months after a $60 PC game first hit the shelves?

DLC? You mean like the $20 expansions that often come no more than 4 months after a $60 PC game first hit the shelves?

I think they are talking about the tiny $5 to 10$ bits of extra stuff like wardrobe and weapons as opposed to full on game enhancing things.

No, I'm talking like when they pull multiplayer maps out of games and change you 10 bucks to buy them. Course, you don't have to but wait! If you don't buy them, you can't play multiplayer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back