This is How I Would Create My Wrestling Franchise

PrinceMarvel

Occasional Pre-Show
First, I would focus on one division, whether it was men's, women's, tag team, cruiserweight or something else. Then I would start building up the other divisions until I was able to go a full two hours.

Then, I would like to spin each division into their own single hour show to give them time to focus on each division, and keep the two hour for a place for the storylines to come together and occasionally crossover.

Once each division was able to get their own hour show, they would each get their own general manager, and a possibility of co-managers for the tag team show. Also, in addition to the tag team show having a referee, they would also have an enforcer on the outside of the ring, who also acts as a backup referee.

Each division would also have their main championship, a secondary championship and a possible tertiary championship.

Also, anytime a new division was created, i.e. women's tag, midget, power trios, they would have the possibility of branching out into their own hour.

Assuming you have all the finance, air time, talent and basically everything required to make such a franchise feasible, I still don't think that franchise would be a major player in the industry.

What matters the most now a days is starpower. You can't have a whole tag team show because it's going to be hard keeping guys together long enough on their own individual show as a unit for them to become big stars who can be in the limelight and draw numbers with regards to viewership, live attendance and merchandise.

I believe you had the right idea at first by building the show around a division. TNA basically got noticed and became a competitor because they realized the niche market for cruiserweight action and thus they created the X Division which for a while was the main part of the company.

If I were building a franchise I'd build it around transitioning superstars. Athletes from other sports jumping to my wrestling company to be the face and key players could really make some good business. Of course they'd go through extensive wrestling training and there would be genuinely great wrestlers on the roster but I would bring in established names.

Imagine the box office of Nate Diaz Vs. Samoa Joe in a wrestling ring or maybe Anderson Silva Vs. Ricochet or even Serens Williams Vs. Charlotte Flair, maybe Jason Mamoa Vs. Roman Reigns.

The best part is that these box office names would alternate out, Diaz won't be there forever, maybe 2-3 year contracts and then replace them with the next big thing.

It's all just a lot of fantasy booking that I doubt will ever come to life but given that all the conditions are met, I think a crossover promotion where celebs are actually trained wrestlers taking on professional wrestlers benefits everyone involved as the celebs get to stay in the limelight, the wrestlers get a rub and media attention and the fans get several dream matches.

First, I would focus on one division, whether it was men's, women's, tag team, cruiserweight or something else. Then I would start building up the other divisions until I was able to go a full two hours.

Then, I would like to spin each division into their own single hour show to give them time to focus on each division, and keep the two hour for a place for the storylines to come together and occasionally crossover.

Once each division was able to get their own hour show, they would each get their own general manager, and a possibility of co-managers for the tag team show. Also, in addition to the tag team show having a referee, they would also have an enforcer on the outside of the ring, who also acts as a backup referee.

Each division would also have their main championship, a secondary championship and a possible tertiary championship.

Also, anytime a new division was created, i.e. women's tag, midget, power trios, they would have the possibility of branching out into their own hour.

It seems you are building the division up on dream clouds. A single appeal of a distinct division will only make the product looks stale and stagnant. You wouldn't even make it past the progression phase. Forget about expanding beyond the first hour.

More colors, more eyes aye? If your smartphone can only use to make calls, you think it will be as popular and essential as it is today?

A mainstream product needs to cater to different consumers preference within a well-defined spectrum. Like a smartphone it needs to be able to make calls, text, surf the web, watch videos, game, etc.

A good example is a 205 Live. Triple H's baby. Did it succeed? NOPE. It's forgettable.
Did it had some good names? Yeah it did. Austin Aries. Neville. Did it work - NOPE. Both left in anger.

Why did NXT work? Well they have colors. They have single bout men wrestling. Classic tag team wrestling. Women wrestling. All squeezed within a specific time frame. Cook it with occasion over the hype matches like War Games, Ladders matches.

Hunter toned down the entertainment aspect and fuel on the wrestling taste. Change the rope colors, stage design and commentary. Look at it today. It's magic. It works.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back