Thinking about moving to Canada

Serious Mozzarella

Special Victims Unit
So I realized, while browsing information about Canada, that I'm pretty un-knowledgable about pretty much everything about Canada, while thinking about moving there from America. So a few questions for Canadians:

-What's the general population like?
-Where are the best areas to live?
-What should I avoid?
-How are colleges/universities different than America?
-How is life, in general, different than America?

So I realized, while browsing information about Canada, that I'm pretty un-knowledgable about pretty much everything about Canada, while thinking about moving there from America. So a few questions for Canadians:

-What should I avoid?

-Aboot 70 people, eh?
-Toronto
-Freezing to death in snow
-America has more
-More syrup and bacon.

Yes, I just pulled all of this out of my ass.

Go for it dude. I won't pretend like I know shit about Canada but I've alway wanted to move further North. Vancouver maybe...

You have any idea where at in Canada? Not the pussy French side, correct?

Go for it dude. I won't pretend like I know shit about Canada but I've alway wanted to move further North. Vancouver maybe...

You have any idea where at in Canada? Not the pussy French side, correct?

SHE wants to move to Toronto (that's her hometown), but we may have to compromise, considering Toronto is something like one of the worst places to live if you're looking for a job.

-What should I avoid?

1) General population are some of the friendlist people you'll meet. Depending on what part of Canada can also change the setting. For example here in Alberta you have a lot of plains with a small city. Where as in Toronto I would say it is more industrialized.

2)If you like the Western culture Edmonton or Calgary, if you want a Canadain experience while still have industrial landscape I'd vote Hamilton.

3) Remote islands, lack of warm clothes

4)I've tend to notice a more outdoor focused education. However pretty similiar.

5) How is life different. Well simply put you get a new perspective on the world. You have Tim Hortons once a week and you do more outdoor activities.

New Brunswick, I'm there! Enough Said :)

Gotta go further east than this. Although generally speaking, Atlantic Canada is great. Better than Toronto. The weather is better than you think, less snow than you might expect but the winters are longer. The friendliest people you would ever want to meet.

SHE wants to move to Toronto
2008_03_10EarthRootsAndWater2.jpg

We only have a population of about 34 million people, despite our huge landmass, our population is very sparse and spread out, most of which live in the bigger cities. The claim about Canadians being some of the friendliest people you will ever meet, is true to an extent, people can be just as crazy and violent as any American. Winnipeg for example was named the crime capital of the Country a few years back, not sure if it still is.

That's entirely up to you. I will tell you thought, no matter where you go, you can't avoid the snow :p . If you like the urban setting and huge cities, then Ontario and Quebec are your places. If you like lakes and forests, then Manitoba is your place. If you like flat plains then go for Saskatchewan or Alberta, if you prefer a mountain type of landscape then try out B.C..Though I hear it can be expensive over there as far as housing goes.

-What should I avoid?

The French.

Couldn't tell you, I would image they are about the same but I'm not entirely sure on that one.

Better learn to love the snow, that's all I can say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back