2010 Olympics Gold Medal Men's Ice Hockey: Canada v. United States

So let me get this straight. The US has the same record in the tournament as Canada. The US definitely defeated Canada earlier in the tourney.

But Canada gets the Gold Medal and the US gets the Silver.

I get it. Perfect sense.

It's how the tournament works. In 2007 The Patriots beat the Giants during the season and then lost to them in the Super Bowl, but no one was saying the Giants shouldn't be getting the Super Bowl over them.

He's the best player in the world with a Stanley Cup and a gold medal in the last year. How can you not be cocky?

God I hate the D-Bags on facebook that haven't watched a minute of hockey ever calling Ryan Miller a douchebag and he should be ashamed. Fucking Idiots. Dude allowed 8 goals in Olympic Hockey, 4 of them to Canada. Yeah, dude sucks ass.

So let me get this straight. The US has the same record in the tournament as Canada. The US definitely defeated Canada earlier in the tourney.

But Canada gets the Gold Medal and the US gets the Silver.

I get it. Perfect sense.

Yes, just like any bracket - style tournament which includes a round robin segment; the round robin only counts insofar as setting up the seeding for the actual playoff round. Sort of how in an NHL season, a game that takes place on December 3rd probably won't have any real bearing on the actual winner of the Stanley Cup.

Oh, Siddy, sorry for all us Canadians being such marks for our Country... we learned from the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back