• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Then and Now

CyDeez

Big Nasty
Take one wrestler from this PG Era. We'll call it 2005 to now.

Compare him to a wrestler from before 2005. Just keep it one wrestler per each time span, unless you compare a Tag Team.

Maybe a newer guy reminds you of a wrestler from back in the day,

1. Because of his looks...

2. Because of his gimmick...

3. Because of his promos...

4. Because of his in ring ability or lack there of...

I am really not looking for Cena/Hogan comparisons or Orton/Austin or Cena/Rock comparisons. I am not looking for smart ass answers or hater-filled posts. I think this is a notable question...

I'll start...

The 2 guys I want to compare at this point, is because of their look as well as in ring abilities.

Dolph Ziggler and Billy Gunn...

Dolph reminds me so much of Billy Gunn it's ridiculous...

With these 2 it's because of their in ring style and also their looks. Dolph even does The Fameasser. The blond hair, the way they are built and the way they both move, are similar.

The Billy Gunn I am thinking of is kind of specific too.

Not The Smoking Gunn. Not The TNA Kip James. Not Rocka Billy.

The specific Billy is the one right after he turned Heel and left Roadogg and DX. Actually Roadogg and X-Pac, since Triple H and Chyna had just left.

Mr. Ass. Feuding with The Rock. That is who Dolph reminds me of...

Thoughts on my choice?

What guy from years passed reminds you of a current WWE Superstar or even TNA Wrestler?

Robert Roode reminds me of a mixture between Mr. Perfect and 2001 Triple H.

-As far as with Triple H he has the same attire, with the boots, trunks, taped wrists and sometimes tapped wrists and around his hands, also he is built just like triple H was in 2001 between muscle mass, hair and tan.

- As far as with Mr. Perfect he has that presence about him where he can do great things and can hold his own, i could see him doing alot of Mr. Perfect's moves ala the Perfect Plex, now he's in the fortune with flair, it just brings back memories of Flair/Perfect

Ziggler and Billy Gunn is like an identical match, ive been sayin that for a while as well, like twins

The Miz kinda reminds of a little bit of the rock

Looks- Okay he doesn't really have the same look but somehow I see simularaties.

Gimmick- His gimmick Is really simular to rocks. they have the same style same charisma. the diffrence is the rock is a 3rd generation superstar.

Promos- I think both of their promos are alike they have awesome mic skills , they are hillarious , and they both have great catchphrases.

Don't you reckon Beer Money Inc. remind you of D-Generation X (HBK & HHH). Honestly!! Both James Storm and Shawn Michaels have long hair and use the superkick, Robert Roode's build is similar to Triple H and they both use the Spinebuster as a signuture/desperation move. They're both charismatic, and consider themselves the world's greatest tag team. It's really strange.

This thread has kind of been done!

Anyway, I will pick one..I would say John Morrison to HBK...he is jsut like HBK when he was younger in the late 80's, JoMo has a great move-set that matches HBK's move-set back in them days aswell, and he has that kinda sexy boy gimmick going on..

Trying to ignore the obvious ones (Swagger/Angle, Orton/Austin etc)......

Great Khali and Giant Gonzales. Both very tall, spoke very little, started in WWE by fueding with Undertaker, both GOD AWFUL in the ring!

SES and Right to Sensor. both had the same 'We're better than you because of our clean lifestyle' gimmick.

Evan Bourne kinda reminds me opf an early Jeff Hardy as well

Mankind/Abyss

The reasons are obvious but... the look? mirrored, their wrestling? hardcore and both known for taking the brunt of the hardcore carnage, their talk? both usually completely insane gibberish, their size? sure Abyss is bigger but Foley isn't small

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back