The WWF?

DEGENERATE KID

Dark Match Winner
I was just thinking about a POSSIBLE heel stable or faction, something similar to what Legacy should have been. A group of 2nd/3rd generation heel superstars that feud with other superstars that wasnt fortunate enough to be born into a wrestling family. And at the same time try and recruit other 2nd/3rd gen superstars that are not alligned to the group or feud against then because they dont want to join. They could call themselves The World's Wrestling Families. Looking at the roster presently, The Uso's, Harris, Perfect jr has got nothing going at the moment and with Smith turning heel, he could join with maybe Rhodes and the DiBiase also joining along the way. Richie Steamboat, Bo Rotundo and Brett DiBiase could feud/join this stable if they get called up.
So what do you guys think? Could it POSSIBLY work?

Would not work, simply due to the fact it will be shortened down at same point and be in serious trouble with the Court for re-using the WWF name.

If the group itself was renamed to something else then it could work, however wasn't that the whole point of Legacy?

i'm actually a big fan of this idea and have been for months. not only does it give some guys something to do, but it's very believable.

you can have a seriously dominant faction in this kind of stable. and some serious star power, since Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, Chavo Guerrero and Goldust are all multi-generational stars as well. throw in the Uso's, Hart Dynasty, Ted Dibiase, Brett Dibiase, Joe Hennig, Cody Rhodes, Richie Steamboat and Bo Rotundo and you've got plenty of threats in there. you could even bring back Manu and Sim Snuka.

plus it'd be sweet to see some of the fathers come back as managers, referees, mentors, etc. lots of legends in there. Superfly Jimmy Snuka, Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, IRS, Rikishi, Bret Hart, the Wild Samoans... lots of firepower for sure.

and you could have these guys easily do feuds that parallel the feuds of their parents from back in the day. or not. do something totally fresh and just have these guys as a major faction that run thru the company.

on a side note, it'd be very easy to make these guys heels. arrogant superstars that think the world is owed to them because of their blood and legacy. but how about doing something different and making these guys faces and the rest of the locker room as heels? it'd be daring and risky, even difficult to do. but with the right writing, this could be a very different kind of storyline that would be very compelling to watch.

Would not work, simply due to the fact it will be shortened down at same point and be in serious trouble with the Court for re-using the WWF name.

If the group itself was renamed to something else then it could work, however wasn't that the whole point of Legacy?

these are two good points.

1, this group could not be called WWF. it'd have to have a different name. which is fine. that could be figured out later.

2, this group would need to be booked better than Legacy. and it'd need to look more dominant and intimidating and it'd just have to be written better. but i actually don't see a problem with a huge stable like this even referencing the previous storyline of Legacy, maybe even mentioning past successes and failures. it would just have to be explained if done well.

I don't think that it would work right now. Besides, we've already seen that with the Legacy anyways. Besides, none of the 2nd/3rd generation superstars really stand out on the mic right now. The only one that is half as interesting is Cody Rhodes, but he's already formed a tag team with Drew Mcintyre, so it wouldn't make sense for them to split so he could just be a part of the group. Maybe in a couple of months, it could happen as long as they had a good front man with good mic skills. What actually might be interesting is if Ted Dibiase good get his stuff together and possibly made a new Million Dollar Corporation with 2nd/3rd generation superstars. It might actually not be a bad idea since he's done absolutely nothing since Legacy disbanded.

I like this idea and it was what I was hoping for back with legacy. The problem was that Orton was already over as a heel. If they start with the young guys making Dibiase the leader they could go somewhere with it. Even kids who are good could be paid off to join and show the the business runs in there blood. It could be great with Dibiase, Rhodes, Usos, DH Smith, Natlaya, Richie Steamboat, Joe Henning, Husky Harris, Bo Rotundo, Brett Dibiase and others to be signed later. Like the Brisco's and Manu. I'd like this maybe they could put an end to NEXUS and destroy them to become the top heel group much like Nexus did when they came out that first night.

If not this, I still see a new Million Dollar Corporation coming soon which could have Dibiase, Harris, McGillicuty and Brett Dibiase. Maybe it could even start with Ted Sr the Manager.

As long as it is named something different...it could work,
With as many next gen. wrestlers coming up as there are now/soon will be,

It might be needed
There are too many guys/gals with too much lineage to be left to linger.

An occasional appearance from their famous fathers could connect with the older crowds that came to wrestling int the early to mid 80's

I'm suprised it hasn't happened yet in one specific case..
DiBiase Jr. & Goldust

Didn't their dads feud back in the day...think about it
back when Ted & Cody held the tag straps and they had the oldtimers as guest hosts....YOU NEVER SAW THE MILLION DOLLAR MAN & THE AMERICAN DREAM TOGETHER!!

They could still do it,they get little ted and goldust to finally have a match..
Daddy comes out with Jr. and when goldust is introduced,
American Dream himself has the million dollar belt over his shoulder!!

Your right it wouldn't work. But i have an even different reason. No matter how the stable would be brought about, they would always be in their parents and grandparents shadows. I would think the object would be to be your own man an establish your own name. Also to your point about the WWF name, i never to this day understood how the company had this name and or variations of the name WWF for 50 years and then all the sudden they get sued. If the wildlife fund was out longer or around the same time, it took them 50 years to sue a company. Someone explain this please.

Your right it wouldn't work. But i have an even different reason. No matter how the stable would be brought about, they would always be in their parents and grandparents shadows. I would think the object would be to be your own man an establish your own name. Also to your point about the WWF name, i never to this day understood how the company had this name and or variations of the name WWF for 50 years and then all the sudden they get sued. If the wildlife fund was out longer or around the same time, it took them 50 years to sue a company. Someone explain this please.

Well first of all, the WWE was never called WWF for 50 years. It had gone through a couple of name changes in the past and explains up to the point of Vince K. taking control of the company. It started as CWC, then to WWWF, to WWF, to WWFE (although the E wasn't used for marketting reasons) and then to WWE.

Basically the two companies had an agreement (that was redone in 1994, same year as the New Generation) that allowed the WWE to use the WWF name. However this agreement was limited in as much it didn't go overboard. Particularly in the UK the marketting of the WWE as the WWF in the eyes of the law breached this agreement. As the WWE was in the middle of the Attitude Era at the time of the lawsuit proceedings (2000), you can see why the WWF wanted them to stop using the name considering the sort of behaviour that was going on. That's basically the summary of it, the WWE was only allowed to use the WWF name in countries like the UK via an agreement with the WWF. Which is why this case was decided in a UK court rather than an American court, where the WWE was perfectly within its rights to use it.

With that said, the WWE may use any logo of the WWF prior to the breach (hence why the Attitude Era logo is blocked and the old school one isn't). It may call itself the World Wrestling Federation, but it may not use the WWF name.

Although I have always wondered why they needed to drop the F, the company could have easily been called WWFE like it was in the first place.

Well first of all, the WWE was never called WWF for 50 years. It had gone through a couple of name changes in the past and explains up to the point of Vince K. taking control of the company. It started as CWC, then to WWWF, to WWF, to WWFE (although the E wasn't used for marketting reasons) and then to WWE.

Basically the two companies had an agreement (that was redone in 1994, same year as the New Generation) that allowed the WWE to use the WWF name. However this agreement was limited in as much it didn't go overboard. Particularly in the UK the marketting of the WWE as the WWF in the eyes of the law breached this agreement. As the WWE was in the middle of the Attitude Era at the time of the lawsuit proceedings (2000), you can see why the WWF wanted them to stop using the name considering the sort of behaviour that was going on. That's basically the summary of it, the WWE was only allowed to use the WWF name in countries like the UK via an agreement with the WWF. Which is why this case was decided in a UK court rather than an American court, where the WWE was perfectly within its rights to use it.

With that said, the WWE may use any logo of the WWF prior to the breach (hence why the Attitude Era logo is blocked and the old school one isn't). It may call itself the World Wrestling Federation, but it may not use the WWF name.

Although I have always wondered why they needed to drop the F, the company could have easily been called WWFE like it was in the first place.

Never said they called it WWF for 50 years i said they called it WWF along with different variations mainly with the f in it for 50 years. Now even if they switched to the name WWF in 1970 for example it still took this other company 30 years to sue them or whenever WWE changed it solely to WWF. I still don't get the whole basis for this and how they had the right to sue WWE.

@drobs85 "I still don't get the whole basis for this and how they had the right to sue WWE."

Simple copyright laws. You can't have a brand name that is the same (or similar) as one that already exists –unless of course the original owner grants you use of it, which the World Wildlife Fund did all those years ago. What's not to "get"?

If anything I'd return it to the WWWF. But then again WWE wants to distance themselves from wrestling. I'm sure if they could somehow devise a way to quell the backlash, they'd somehow remove the word 'wrestling' from their name to boot.

As for the initial idea, I feel there is definitely a bit of potential though it does lose a bit of steam w/o the WWF name. But as always, all you can really say is "it depends". There are some many variables to try and correct for that to say one way or another is basically little more that random guessing. That said, I'm kinda tired of factions, especially after the way WWE dropped the ball with the handling of Nexus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back