• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The WWE Forum

Stickstar 16

I might just go extreme on you!!!!
Needs help. Its doing a bit better then it was a few months ago, but its still needs a bit of work to get better. I'm creating this to try to encourage more people to get in there and make it a better place with better and more thoughtful discussions, and with the recent draft and subsequent supplemental draft on wednesday, there could be the opportunity for a lot more new threads and discussions.

Its gotten to the point where every thread either turns into a Shelton love fest, or a Cena/HHH/PG era bash, and its getting to the point where you can't start a thread before its hijacked by people just trying to bash whatever wrestler the thread is about with no real reason or explanation other than "cause he sucks".

I don't spend all my time there and get quite selective about which threads i start or post in, so i don't expect everyone to jump there but to see some of the better known poster's that frequent the bar room would raise the overall quality i believe.

Reactions: OIL
I remember when I only posted in the wrestling section. Now I rarely if ever post there.

Amen to the Cena/HHH/PG hating by fanboyz. There is nothing more frustrating. Give logical, reasonable answers that involve some kind of meaningful thought as opposed to stating that Triple H has been in the main event for 20 years and Cena has 5 moves.

Or that Trips is only successful because he is married to Steph. That is the main and mostly only reason they can think of to hate on him. I do read the WWE section, but rarely post in it.

Yeah its answers like this by this guy/gal Justinept, which frustrate me.

"Void?

Guess I must have been dreaming when I saw Triple H and the Big Show to go to Raw..."

this is what this guy/gal wrote on the thread that i created about matt hardy filling the void left by JBL/Jericho. if they spent that much time to read and write that, why didn't the person actually take the time to actually write a decent arguement, its not that hard.

anyway is this considered spam?

Its getting to the point where I don't even hate Trips anymore. He used to piss me off like no other, but I'm liking him just out of spite for all of these noobs

Yea it is spam. If the title was on Matt Hardy then that is spam. It is completely off topic, and gives no reasons. Report em. That's what I do.

Cheers i just did, i am getting some good arguements, but some people just don't get it. The thread is about Matt filling JBL's void as a main event heel, where as everyone thinks i want Matt to become the next JBL. If you've got time throw down your opinion, i like to get a good discussion going

What you dudes have to understand, is its damn near impossible to keep a hold on all this shit right now, especially under the new Slyfox rules. between that, and the amount of traffic, its hard to keep things streamlined.

on the other hand, if people are being idiots, quote them, and rip their post apart. Ill try and do a clean up tonight.

Oh yeah i fully understand how hard it can get, especially with the current surge of members, probably attributed to the road to Wrestlemania and the Draft. I tend to just start dissecting their posts, but yeah, its getting to the stage where some topic while not exactly the same are so similar they should just be one thread.

Fully appreciate the work all the mods try to do to make this place better and less idiotic

I'll make a post tomorrow. I need to process my thoughts on the situation, and get it sorted out on what to say and what reasons to give, and i'm to tired to do that tonight. As for the new rule, and input of traffic just click the report button. I reported like 5-7 posts last night. There are some major idiots who need to re-think their method of posting.

NorCal, I know I just said this in the rep I gave you, but you and all the mods definitely deserve a lot more credit for everything you all do around here. I can't imagine how bad the forums would be without all of you.

Without them this forum would be a shithole. Plain and simple. I give them all the respect I can for making these forums as good as they are.

That's appreciated. It's not the glory job that some would like to believe it is. When people like you guys actually seem to grasp that, it's nice to hear about once in awhile.

All I said was I respect you guys because you help the forum a lot. I'm sorry but i'm having trouble understanding the part in your post where you said it's not the glory job you think it is. Please explain what you mean.

What I meant was that there are people (not meaning you specifically) that think being on staff is nothing more than infracting people to flex out muscles.

At the risk of sounding like an intellectual snob... I'm not touching that shit.

Aside from the fact that people seem to have forgotten that it's bad taste to post spoilers (in the TNA section I counted four posts in a row which served no purpose other than to inform the world of who the forth member of team Jarrett is) the general concept of quality has been thrown out of a window... a high window... onto some spikes... and then exploded... or something.

Seriously... it's not that the posts are shot... it's just that none of them say anything worth reading. I'll never understand the attraction of simply posting to make noise. Any post that doesn't articulate and extrapolate upon a point of view serves no purpose to anybody beyond the poster.

If you enjoy ripping the shit out of idiots then more power to you, but personally I find very little interest in dealing with people suffering from a drastically capped intellect, and wading through a fecal water slide in order the find the good posts is simply less enjoyable than not posting at all (or at least, restricting myself to the less popular sections frequented by people who know how to punctuate a sentence).

Then again, the uneducated masses out number me ten to one, and whilst a plainclothes civilian like myself doesn't give a flying hootenanny(not a real word) about site traffic, I appreciate that those higher up do. I don't like it, but I'm a big boy and as long as they stay the fuck away from Lou Thesz threads, I will remain a happy camper.

An intellectual snobbery section with far more stringent spam rules might be nice, but right now I don't feel any inclination to go near the WWE or TNA sections again.

Oh ok. I know what you guys do is always fair, and that people deserve what they get. You don't go around infracting people and banning people just to have fun.

All I said was I respect you guys because you help the forum a lot. I'm sorry but i'm having trouble understanding the part in your post where you said it's not the glory job you think it is. Please explain what you mean.

I think what he means is that most people here think that mod staff just sits in the board room with their feet up or something, when tyhat is not the case, modding is for the most part a thankless job, most often the feedback you get is negative, it's mostly people bitching about how you mod unfairly, and yes even I piss and moan about the mod staff, in fact I'm not all that fond of half the people on the staff, but having been a mod, I can tell you it's rare that you get any type of thanks for doing the job, whether you like them or not the mods are necessary in order for the forums to work

At the risk of sounding like an intellectual snob... I'm not touching that shit.

Aside from the fact that people seem to have forgotten that it's bad taste to post spoilers (in the TNA section I counted four posts in a row which served no purpose other than to inform the world of who the forth member of team Jarrett is) the general concept of quality has been thrown out of a window... a high window... onto some spikes... and then exploded... or something.

Seriously... it's not that the posts are shot... it's just that none of them say anything worth reading. I'll never understand the attraction of simply posting to make noise. Any post that doesn't articulate and extrapolate upon a point of view serves no purpose to anybody beyond the poster.

If you enjoy ripping the shit out of idiots then more power to you, but personally I find very little interest in dealing with people suffering from a drastically capped intellect, and wading through a fecal water slide in order the find the good posts is simply less enjoyable than not posting at all (or at least, restricting myself to the less popular sections frequented by people who know how to punctuate a sentence).

Then again, the uneducated masses out number me ten to one, and whilst a plainclothes civilian like myself doesn't give a flying hootenanny(not a real word) about site traffic, I appreciate that those higher up do. I don't like it, but I'm a big boy and as long as they stay the fuck away from Lou Thesz threads, I will remain a happy camper.

An intellectual snobbery section with far more stringent spam rules might be nice, but right now I don't feel any inclination to go near the WWE or TNA sections again.

You my friend are awesome.

And yes I understand now. I do see people bitching about the mod staff when they have no idea what they really do. It's quite ridiculous, and undeserved. Like I said without them the forum would be as shithole.

And here's another problem with red repping all of the shit posts. I want to give Gelgarin rep for that amazing post, but I can't because I've been red repping all day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back