• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The wrestler that makes me watch CURRENT wrestling is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

650ballinwhiteboy

Occasional Pre-Show
The Miz!
Why, becuse he's AWESOME

No really this guy is just the perfect example of the cocky, arrogant, guy who can actually get over with the crowd. I remember during an interview he said that the wrestler who most inspired him was the Rock, and honestly the comparisons are limitless. I love him watching every week to see him progress as a character with his hilarious promos and fun matches. This guy is making a name for himself, the old fashioned way, being so damn good that fans are always on the edge of their seats when he appears. He is single-handedly doing something that Kofi Kingston couldn't, and that's making the U.S. title seem important and I really see a bright future for him.

So the question is if their is one wrestler who makes you watch whatever wresting show their own, who would it be?

There is only one choice here........THE PHENOMENAL AJ STYLES. He has so many thriling moves. X-Division or Heavyweights it dosent matter so he will lead TNA into Battle agenst WWE

THE MIZ, CM PUNK, and JOHN MORRISON.

These guys have everything to be the top stars in the business. The Miz is by far my favorite but I think he needs a manager, perhaps Maryse would be perfect. CM Punk needs a stable and hopefully Luke Gallows is the start to that. John Morrison is improving on the mic and has what it takes to be one of the babyfaces in the company.

Hornswoggle. I just enjoy having time taken away from actual wrestlers or even actual comedy.

Seriously, if I had to go with someone who makes me watch current wrestling, it would probably be Chris Jericho. Ever since he came back in 2007, Jericho has been on a tear as far as having great wrestling matches and being involved in some really cool angles. The HBK-Jericho feud from 2008 was enough of a great reason to be watching WWE. From beginning to end, the feud was very effective and helped make Jericho a serious heel. So, right now, Jericho's the guy.

But....

When he comes back, I will be watching Smackdown on YouTube just to keep up with The Rated R Superstar, Edge. Edge is always must-see-TV for me. When he isn't involved in a high-quality match, he's doing something unethical as usual. Gotta love Edge for being the Ultimate Opportunist and one hell of an entertainer.

erm good topic i would have to say, Kofi and Morrison - my reasons are Morrison is an excellent athlete and pure entertainment to watch in the ring week after week although his mic skills arnt perfect just yet, and Kofi cause its extremely refreshing to see new talent pushed and his fued with orton is pure entertainment with me, even though im a huge orton fan i see myself rooting for Kofi each time they confront eachother

The Miz has been rather impressive for awhile now, considering how far he has come from when he first got involved in the business. His promos are starting to sound like he's shooting but he's seemingly fully in-character when he does it. Being able to shoot -and- stay in-character, and actually be good at it, is something you dont see often with today's generation of wrestlers. He's getting better, but not quite there yet.

Right now, nothing gets better than Randy Orton. His work in the ring is fully in sync with his character. It reflects the story he's telling. Every motion of his, no matter how small, is packed full of emotion. There's nobody that even comes close to his level right now. His ability to tell a story in and out of the ring rivals the likes of the Rock, Austin, and Hogan. I think he will go down as one of the best heels ever. Sometimes I get shivers watching him work.

Austin Aries. He is an incredible heel. He is a combination of RIc Flair and Rick Rude. He has skills in the ring, and his finishers look like the hurt. Honestly, I wish ROH would be bigger than TNA. I mean there are Guys in the WWE and TNA that I watch for, but honestly I'm beginning to be a Mark for TNA, and I wish didn't have tickets to something else so I could have seen the Chicago Ridge show.

If I had to pick someone that has had me hooked lately on wrestling, for the WWE it would have to be Jericho. His work since returning has been nothing short of spectacular. His promos, though essentially a repetition of the same thing, are entertaining to me each and every time. His work with Michaels had me very entertained, and his current work as one half of the tag champs has me tuning in each week to see what they have going on with him.

For TNA, it's been AJ Styles, he cuts such entertaining promos, and his matches are great. The only thing I'm not liking is that we are seeing less and less of the Styles Clash. Either way, he's a great entertainer and been great as the World Champion.

Well, if Edge was not out, it would be him. He has always got to the crowd. Yeah, and it might seem like WWE has been shoving him down our throats for the last 3 years, but no they are not. He is the ultiment oppetunist, and he draws tonnnnns of heat. #1 heel when he is active. way better than Randy Orton, who is boringgggggggg. Edge just does different things and can make any superstar and make a huge rivalry.

But, right now id have to say Kofi Kingston because with his HUGE push he ALSO got Randy Orton out of the title picture for once! But Kofi has brought legacy down. But on the plus side im glad wwe is letting sombody else besides HHH, and John Cena kick his ass, and Kofi is fun to watch. High-Flying, and he is the next Rey Mysterio.

The names you guys have mentioned are good and are quite possibly the future of the WWE or TNA. But for me, the guy I watch is none other than John Cena. To me he is the top draw. When he comes out he gives 100 percent in the ring and on the mic. Its rear to get to be in his position. Lets look back. Hogan for ALL of the 80s and to mid 90s. Bret Hart then carried the company until Stone Cold took over. After Stone Cold, it was a collective effort. You had The Rock and Triple H to mention a couple. Now you have John Cena. And lets face it, he has another good 10 yrs in him. I love Cena. I love the way he wrestles and the way he talks and and all the energy he brings w him. Many people hate him and for diff reasons. Some say hes been the top guy for too long. Well friends, thats because he knows what he is doing and he has the fan support.

So if there is one wrestler I had to choose and say he is why I watch wrestling, John Cena is the guy. He could never replace the hogans, the rocks, the bret harts, the stone colds. But just remember, no one will be able to replace CENA!!!

There are 2 clear cut wrestlers that make me watch wrestling those being "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived" "A Double" Austin Aries and AJ STYLES !!

I watch Austin Aries because he is an AWESOME heel and a a GREAT Wrestler and his mic skills are good as well I like the way he carries himself as an "I'm better then you" Champion . He is the only wreslter in ROH History to win the World Title twice Austin Aries has a 5 star match EVERY night !!

AJ Styles I have watched since TNA began in 2002 I have always been a Styles fan and he is a great cross division wrestler who can work X Division , Tag Division or Heavyweight Division I had the oppertunity to get in the ring with AJ Styles after the Portland , Maine show on 12/4 it was soo cool to get in the ring with the TNA World Heavyweight Champion and hold the belt . Much like "A Double" He has a 5 star match every night .

For me it would have to be Randy Orton. Nobody in the wwe, besides Jericho can play the heel role like he can. He cuts great promos and generates so much heat from the crowd.

The Legend Killer gimmick was great. When it first was started, i loved the idea of Legacy, Dibiase and Rhodes play off of Orton very well, I just wished that they would have put more of an emphasis on the stable (adding more members, etc), maybe a valet.

I wish they kept the strap on him and that this feud with Kofi was for the WWE Title. It would do a lot for both Kofi and Randy and be a lot more entertaining than Cena--Sheamus.

So the question is if their is one wrestler who makes you watch whatever wresting show their own, who would it be?

If there was only one wrestler who makes me watch whatever show they are on, that would be John Cena. There was once a time when I didn't like wrestling anymore and just didn't watch anymore. My former roomie told me I should watch it again, to at least watch John Cena. So I did. It was because of John Cena that I came back after having stopped watching wrestling. I am now an even bigger fan of it than I ever was. I have never missed a Raw since when he got moved there in the draft a few years ago because he is my favorite wrestler.

To be totally honest right now, I am watching Raw because of...Sheamus.

I am so happy to see Kofi get his seemingly big push. I love watching Randy Orton work when he's doing well (like he is now), and I've always enjoyed seeing Jericho. But this Sheamus thing makes me curious.

This can end one of three ways:

First, he loses this sunday to John Cena at TLC. I would say that this is the expected path, however there are a few obstacles. It was mentioned on Raw this week that Cena would make Sheamus' career a "footnote" in the history of the WWE. And really, after the Kozlovs and the Snitskys and the Knoxs, do you (Mr. Big Shot Creative Director) really want to cripple one man's career (a now totally creatively useless Sheamus), end another man's career (a "retired in as much as that word really means in Pro Wrestling" retired Jaime Noble's), and waste months of airtime on Raw and ECW to essentially give John Cena something to do in December? The only possible point to this I could see is continuing the angle of the John Cena/WWE Title conspiracy (which could end up being really good).

Second, he defeats John Cena at TLC, but doesn't hold the title for very long. While current WWE title reigns are notoriously short anyway, if Sheamus manages to win on Sunday expect it to be a very short reign. How short? Well, let's say it wouldn't be surprising to see a title change on the main event of Raw the following evening. If WWE is serious about Sheamus and Cena being the next great feud, this is the likely outcome. This will probably end with Sheamus falling off the map into the mid-card by summer (or even as far as Smackdown!). He may even get to hold the title until the Royal Rumble!

Finally, there is the possibility that Triple H thinks that highly of his spotting skills in the gym, or that he's sleeping with one of Stephanie's ugly college friends, or whatever. The point is that Sheamus leaves Sunday the champ, and resoundingly puts Cena in his place. He then goes on a Goldberg-esque "get out of the way or die" reign, destroying all who dare challenge his title, until one day we tune in live to Raw only to find Sheamus, standing upon the smoldering ruins of Titan Towers. Actually, he smacks around Cena until the Rumble, and probably lose the belt in the buildup to Wrestlemania so that some sort of crazy face on face championship match can main event in Arizona (alá Rock vs Austin WM17). Either way, even with the entire locker room behind him, there is no way creative leaves him with the belt until summer. He gets some huge (for WWE in this day and age) push to the top, floats there for a little while, and start to lose momentum and sinks to the bottom, along with the Kozlovs, etc.

I believe there is hope in Sheamus. I think the pale white is the better choice over what would be a totally obvious fake tan (ewwwww Zack Ryder). He needs some room to flesh out his persona beyond "Sheamus mad!", but I can be patient with that too if there is sign of improvement. I like what he means in a way: the direct injection of something, ANYTHING new to the top of the card. Even if it's not him that you like, if he can stick it means many others may get there own chance to jump into the fire. I think there may be some significance to him in the future, though whether that is by wowing the audience by actually changing the main event players or by treading dangerously close to "fingerpoke of doom" territory on PPV remains to be seen.

There are so many great superstars today it's hard to choose just one. I do have my favorites who really don't qualify as being from 'today' such as Triple H, 'Taker, HBK, Big Show, Kane, Edge, Christian, and Y2J. But I list them all anyway because those eight superstars are filled with years and years of experience and talent, and they've won so many championships between them. They've all helped to pave the way for the younger generation of superstars, and most importantly, they're all so entertaining to watch. Now the Superstar of today that makes me watch current wrestling hands down is Drew McIntyre. This kid has such a bright future ahead of him. He's so full of charisma and talent and he has really awesome mic skills. I think he's got the potential to go far in the WWE and one day become a future World Champion. :)

The reason I watch wrestling right now is because of....John Cena.

As you can tell from my avatar and my signature I am a huge Cena fan. He is a very well rounded wrestler in the ring and is great ambassador for the WWE out of the ring. The man is a total work house and is deservedly so the face of the WWE and likely will be for at least another ten years. This is a man that has his haters and has his lovers. He gets cheered to fucked or he gets literally booed out the city, but hey, he is generating some sort of reaction. Whether they are booing or cheering somebody is doing something during a Cena match. He also carries himself well outside the ring,and is keeping the WWE name in high prospects.

He is also the reason I started watching, at around the end of 2004 I think, he was just starting to get his Main Event push. I think everyone was all hyped up for this guy as he was aimed at my type of age group and the game Smackdown vs Raw was coming out so it was a fore gone conclusion. He was the guy to watch. He could talk he could wrestle, he was the perfect candidate for a world title push...the rest is history.

Cena may not be the only reason I currently watch wrestling...but out of the many of superstars, he is my pick.

I watch wrestling because of Kofi Kingston. I love his moves, and it makes me so happy that he's getting pushed. He has this great persona and is just plain exciting in the ring. Whenever he comes on, I'm riveted to the screen. With his charisma, exciting moveset, and goo look, he is one of the top reasons I love wrestling today.

Chris Jericho. The guy has been amazing his entire career. Since he returned, he's been the best. When he says hes the best in the world at what he does, he's not lying. Jericho has the ability to make anyone look good. His feuds with HBK, Mysterio, and the way he's rejuvinated Show have all been incredible. Jericho is amazing. Period. Best in ring and on the mic. The man oozes charisma and is one helluva in ring performer.

My second choice is CM Punk. I liked Punk as a face, mainly cuz of his ring work. Since his heel turn, he's really shined on the mic. The promos he cuts are spectacular. It's a shame taker had to have that belt. Punk should've been allowed to run with it til mania. He's great in the role of better than you heel. The guys money and will be around for a long time in the main event picture.

Orton gets an honorable mention. By far the best heel on raw. Maybe right there with punk for number two heel in the company. Some of you are bored by the methodical manner in which he works now. Thats the point. He gives opponents a false sense of control, then BAM! RKO. Just like a viper striking. He's damn good at what he does.

Chris Jericho has deffinately been saving WWE shows lately, he's put together an amazing series of matches. He's one of the only people who I can guarrentee to enjoy these days. In TNA the rise of Desmond Wolfe has me on the edge of my seat, loving it and hoping that it doesn't get messed up.

That depends on what wrestling show I'm watching.

RAW- Sheamus. Fucking right. This guy kicks ass and I am stoked about him being given the opportunity to carry the belt. We've all been dying for some fresh faces in the main event scene and despite being portrayed as a monster heel, he's different from anything else I've seen.

ROH- Austin Aries. The best heel in the business today. Aries is keeping me entertained to the fullest in the absence of Bryan Danielson. He's always been amazing to watch and has been even more so since becoming the ROH champion a few months back.

ECW- Bryan Danielson. Yeah, I know....he's not even an official member of any WWE roster yet. But damn it, every rumor mill claims he's gonna debut on ECW so I will not miss a minute of this show until it happens.

Impact- Desmond Wolfe. Call him whatever ridiculous name you want. He is Nigel McGuiness, ROH alumn, and I will tune in every week to see him perform. He's that good.

Smackdown- CM Punk. I don't get SD and the fact that I miss Punk on a weekly basis pisses me off. I love Punk as a heel because he so damn good at it.

As you can tell by my username, I'm a huge Triple H fan, so I'm going to have to go with him. I've been a fan of this guy ever since I was a kid, and despite all the shit he gets, I still like him, no matter what anybody says about him. When Triple H had his second quad tear bakc in '07, I really wasn't into Raw that much. I have so many HHH t-shirts and DVDs. I lose track of how many I have sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back