The "Which Film(s) Should Exist?" Thread - Lord Of The Rings vs Star Wars

If Only One Set Of Films Could Exist, Which Would You Pick?

• The Lord of The Rings Trilogy

• The Star Wars Films. (I - VI)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
Right, I was talking to a friend the other day and I mentioned that Star Wars IV, V and VI was my favourite Trilogy of films that I had ever seen, but he attempted to battle out of that by saying that the "Lord Of The Rings" Trilogy was the best that he had seen. This sparked a debate, of us going back and forth, talking about Characters, Storylines etc, trying to outdo each other. Eventually, we both agreed that we had our opinions and that neither one of us had a superior choice. But it gave me an idea for this Thread.

The Lord of The Rings films or Star Wars films;
If only one set of films could exist, which would you prefer?

Obviously, for me, it would be Star Wars, as you can see. However, I know others will have different choices. If LOTR wasn't around in Film Format, it would still have it's book. However, this means that Star Wars would never really truly be around at all.

So, what you would pick?

Though I don't think they're great, I could actually sit through the entire Lord of the Rings Trilogy, whereas I've never been able to sit through even just one Star Wars movie. So, my answer here is obvious...

By the way, if you give me other BIG name Films, or something like that, films that I can pitch against each other, then I will. I'm looking into doing a few more of these, because there are some that I'd love to see people's answers for. But suggestions are open.

Seeing as this thread is still pretty much open for debate, I would like to throw in my opinion.

I'm a fan of both series but in terms of cultural impact I would have to give it to Star Wars. Almost everybody if not everybody over the age of 8 knows what Star Wars is and was. Lord of The Rings was a great trilogy but it isn't as recognizable on a global scale as Star Wars is. In terms of entertainment I would have to go with both of them. Not only because despite numerous amounts of talking, there is some crazy ass fighting going on throughout the whole movie. (Come on who wouldn't want to go around killing orcs in a forest after seeing the first film). But the same argument could could be made for Star Wars as well.

Overall I'm going to have to give the winning edge to Star Wars as it defined a generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back