• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Way the War Games PPV Should Play Out

Dirty Spamchez

Pre-Show Stalwart
There have been rumors that at WrestleMania there will be a World Title/WWE Title Unification match. At War Games, the two brands collide for brand Supremacy and who gets to hold the most prestigious prize in the industry, the World Heavyweight Championship. This will basically be like the Raw is War era or the ECW vs WWE era. Both Raw and SmackDown interfere on both shows each week until the War Games PPV. It basically will be an all out war between the Brands and everything will be in complete chaos on both shows. I like it that way. The superstars will have to co-exist even though they are heels and faces for their respective brands.

I would love for it to end like this (end) on SmackDown:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8FPHCSntLo[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8FPHCSntLo (If the vid doesn't work)

Your thoughts.

I'm more curious about the rumors of the World title being unified. I hadn't heard anything about that. But your idea, I think is safe to say, is what almost everybody is hoping for. War between the brands at the PPV, organized chaos, and a big payoff

like the idea man. But this is what wwe is doing now at bragging rights. That's the theme here. I would rather see your idea, then this bragging right ppv though, but, not my call. I didn't hear about the title unification either.. but i definatly think it should happen. Having 2 world title really takes the value of being the big champ in the company.

Also how long would a brand have the title for after War games? 1 whole year until the next war games ppv is way too long. every month is too much, would always have people crossing brands. I'm thinkin for every big ppv the other brand gets an oppurtunity.. like Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania(assuming who wins the rumble), SummerSlam(assuming what brand wins war games), Survivor Series.. I think war games should be before the SummerSlam ppv, so in July.. and whatever brand wins it.. competes for the title.

That might get me watchin wrestling again actually. Different feuds.. mix it up a little..

i think thw war games idea is awful and we should stop talkin about it so they stop thinkin about doin it. and as for unifying the titles thats a dumb idea too unless they decide to end the brand extension, which would also be a mistake cause then Trips would get like 20 segments a week again, and i dont think any of us wanna see that.

i think thw war games idea is awful and we should stop talkin about it so they stop thinkin about doin it. and as for unifying the titles thats a dumb idea too unless they decide to end the brand extension, which would also be a mistake cause then Trips would get like 20 segments a week again, and i dont think any of us wanna see that.

Have you ever seen one of the previous WCW War Games matches?? They are exciting, different, and brutal. If done right and WWE decides to do it, then it could pretty much be the best thing to happen in WWE for the longest time.

All i'm saying is if they do the war games idea, which i would love to see an old wcw idea used in the wwe, is that there better be two rings. Its a must have!

Also bring back Halloween Havoc and starcade.

I'm surprised that the WWE hasn't used the War Games theme yet, because it's one of the best concepts WCW had. I hope they bring it back and use three rings for the ppv. I think it would be cool to have an all out war in the three rings, but instead of first pin fall wins, make it so that it's an elimination match with pinfall and submissions, last wrestler standing wins. Three rings with all the superstars, one match to fill a whole ppv, winner is unified champ.

The idea that I have for the War Games match would change it just a little, but I feel that the teams should be made up from the top feud from all three brands and the top tag team feud. Meaning if it were held today we would have a team of Undertaker, Cena, Christian and DX vs Punk, Orton, Regal and Jerishow. That way, you have a match that people care about, and open up more matches for people on the roster that don't usually get on PPV, for example, a second ECW Branded match that features their second tier feud.

Cant really say I like this idea. A fake war between brands would suck because it would have no real meaning like WCW vs WWE did. Also I gotta think Vince is smarter than this. Ok I no they tease it a little now but a full out war between Raw and Smackdown would force fans to choose sides. It could quite possibly cause some fans to only watch the show they like instead of both. Also anyone rember WCW having the NWO make fun of them? It didnt take to long before us the fans were making fun of WCW and hating on them as well. Not a good idea when you actually own both shows buisness wise huh?

I agree with samboisdead. If WWE decided (which I'm sure they won't) to run with a full scale war between Smackdown and Raw what would they have to gain? Besides, these days wrestlers seem to just swap freely between the shows anyway, so there isn't really anyone with alot of loyalty.

I'd rather see a big stable war, something we havn't seen in a long time. Perhaps have Legacy expand out and have a Smackdown chapter, making there numbers 6 in total. Then have DX do the same, have them recruit some younger guys and at the PPV you put all 12 men into a War Games match inside a HIAC.

I think the idea for WWE to do War Games is great. But my only problem with doing a War Games match now is McMahon is all about PG. I mean look at the Hell in the Cell matches. No blood come on. Now can you really see them doing a War Games without anyone bleeding.

The way i want it to play out would be 2 returns.......Sting and Goldberg. It probaly wont happen but theres a chance with Goldberg doing nothing and Sting retiring from TNA its possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back