The Way Forward is Clear...

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
The mythos surrounding The Undertaker is a thing of the past. He is hobbled by injuries, his matches place tremendous pressure on his opponents to make him look strong, and the loss to Brock Lesnar has removed the Streak storyline from the pot. There seems to be little doubt that 'Taker has very few matches left, and how those matches will even turn out being.

The character of The Undertaker is one of the 5 biggest characters WWF/E has ever created, and could also be in the top 5 all time across any promotions. The Immortal Hulk Hogan, The Nature Boy Ric Flair, Stone Cold Steve Austin - 'Taker is in that team photo without a doubt.

So with decades built into his character and such an amazing history, it seems awfully clear to me what the way forward for The Undertaker truly is.

The Undertaker needs to be the mentor to Bray Wyatt and The Wyatt Family.

Taker worked best as a sadistic mastermind and an ominous madman - a persona that Bray has taken on, but with limited in-ring success. Taker taking on a role being the voice to Bray, a la a new version of The Ministry, would be a great way to keep The Undertaker as an attraction, build a new version of his character instead of detracting from his current one, and give Bray Wyatt a chance to increase his relevance before fans get sick of his inevitable losses in major feuds.

I couldn't agree more, and will go so far as to say, if they really want this is happen then The Undertaker should be revealed as Sister Abigail.

Now before anyone pooh pooh's the idea, Wyatt has always talked about Sister Abigail as supernatural being so to speak, but guides him to his destiny. Who's to say it hasn't been Undertaker the whole time lurking behind the Sister Abigail persona.

Wyatt right now is the only wrestler on the roster capable of carrying a role like that. Dark and devious, eater of worlds, face of fear or whatever he's calling himself at the present. He doesn't need titles, he needs to dominate and cause chaos. With Taker behind him guiding him, he can do exactly that.

Or it's Sunday night I'm tired, long week and I'm rambling.

While I don't agree that the mythos is a thing of the past, I think it's still there, it's obviously not what it once was due to the ending of the streak and the passage of time.

Taker's spirit is willing, but his flesh is weak and will continue to weaken. I think it'd be a lot of fun to see him take the Wyatt Family under his wing as sort of a mentor with the storyline being that he offers to teach Wyatt in the way Sister Abigail did, to combine her teachings with his own and, in doing so, Bray will be "invincible."

Nah, first off it is unrealistic. The UT has barely shown up on TV over the last six? years. Taking on a role with Wyatt would have to be a pretty full time job. You're also talking about someone who would overshadow Wyatt. Wyatt's best quality is his ring entrance, is he going to come down with Taker? Wyatt has also shown to be diabolical on his own. I don't think Taker helps this that much.

I like the Orton addition. I wouldn't mind seeing Wyatt recruit another established vet. Ziegler? Please? No? Ok.

But Taker would just be a distraction and mostly just not very reaslistic.

if they really want this is happen then The Undertaker should be revealed as Sister Abigail.

Caitlyntaker has a nice ring to it. :)

For me the perfect Undertaker role would be something like a Godfather figure. Doesn't need to appear often. Appears when something's big about to happen. It's there to bring justice, his justice on Smackdown and has a "gang" to keep things Rollins for him.

And when everything is said and done, he can pass the torch, not in a match where he loses, but something like a send-off, like when Austin passed the beer to Cena. He could lose actually and his young apprentice could go after then man that retired Taker.

In fact the whole Bray-Wyatt-Taker triangle is a nice Hollywood cliche or can turn into one. A master has two students, one turns to darkness, the dark one "kills" the master, the chosen one defeats the dark one. This can easily provide compelling TV for one whole year.

The best way for this story to unfold would be for Bray to tell Orton that since he is now family that it is time for him to meet Sister Abigail , SD Live ends with a video package showing the Wyatt Family Compound broken into with the door kicked in and a female ( the assumed Sister Abigail ) face down on the floor. Bray , Luke , and Randy appear at the door Bray says "He's here!" Orton replies "Who?" Harper says "Our Father!" show ends.

Undertaker doesn't need to be revealed right away as the following weeks and maybe months to follow could see the Wyatt Family cutting promos about how their Father has returned to show them the path. "It's time for the face of fear to be ... the face that runs the place!"

Wyatt begins to target Styles with distractions and attacks after matches, this leads to a WWE Championship match between Wyatt and Styles. Leading up to the match Bray offers AJ an out he tells him to surrender the title and join the Wyatt Family , but Styles responds by saying no thanks I was in a "club" once and as a matter a fact there contracts just expired too. Anderson and Gallows hit the ring Club stands tall.

At the PPV all hell breaks loose eventually Harper , Orton , Anderson , and Gallows fight out of the arena leaving Styles and Bray alone Styles sets up for the Phenomenal Forearm when the lights out... When the lights come on Undertaker is standing in the ring doing the cut throat taunt Styles attempts the forearm on Taker but Bray catches Styles in mid air with Sister Abigail for the victory. Orton and Harper return show ends with all four men in the ring with Orton , Harper and Bray kneeling at Undertaker's feet holding their respective titles (since it was announced that the tag titles are being defended under Free Bird Rules Luke Harper could assume the role of Orton's tag partner).

Huge program featuring the Wyatt Family vs. The Club to main event SD while guys like Corban and Crews continue to develop.

Um.. No.
Wyatt needs to develop a personality of his own. An Identity of his own.
I've always seen Wyatt as the head of a cult. A "leader". Him taking guidance from Taker would only diminish his autonomy and reduce him to a pawn in the scheme of things. This would do nothing for him.

All he needs to do is brainwash some more wrestlers into following him. Give him some True Detective like writing. Show him preaching people in his compound. He needs to be this realistic but mysterious, satan worshipping, serial killer type of a guy.

And most importantly, don't associate him with Taker or anything supernatural.

Um.. No.
Wyatt needs to develop a personality of his own. An Identity of his own.
I've always seen Wyatt as the head of a cult. A "leader". Him taking guidance from Taker would only diminish his autonomy and reduce him to a pawn in the scheme of things. This would do nothing for him.

All he needs to do is brainwash some more wrestlers into following him. Give him some True Detective like writing. Show him preaching people in his compound. He needs to be this realistic but mysterious, satan worshipping, serial killer type of a guy.

And most importantly, don't associate him with Taker or anything supernatural.

Wyatt does have his own personality. He is seen as a cult leader (a bad one) but a cult leader none the less. I say he's a bad one because he hasn't been able to brainwash anyone yet. You can't include Orton as I think Orton is playing him not the other way round. Orton doesn't need Bray Wyatt, but Wyatt does need Orton.

And how would it diminish his authority. He is already taking guidance from Sister Abigail, a supposed supernatural creature in her own right. Wyatt is the one who introduced us to her, so he is the one who brought that element into his character.

If you watch him, he is always talking about himself being the face of fear, the eater of worlds. In other words some anti-Christ who is here to either take our souls or destroy us. He even tried at one point in time to take Taker and Kane's soul's.

Teaming with Taker would only enhance Wyatt's credibility. He hasn't been taken seriously for a long time now what with his win loss record. Wyatt comes across as someone who doesn't care about winning a title, just causing chaos and bringing down the machine from the inside. With Taker's help he could do it and it would be believed. Right now no one is scared of Wyatt and his family, Taker behind him guiding him would add a new dimension to the fact.

It has been reported already that Taker will be taking a more active role once he heals from his surgery, so this is a way to get him involved and not have to actually wrestle. It's a win for Wyatt, for Taker and for us fans who will get to see more of him. Plus when the bust up happens, we'd get on hell of a match from them. Well hopefully.

just want to point out something, how would this work if you take into account all the back story that taker as with Bray Wyatt?

You would pretty much have to erase everything that happened last year for the build up to survivor series and the year before for the build up for wrestlemania where wyatt wanted to vanquish taker and take is place. If taker was reveal as Wyatt's mentor, their would be so many plot hole that it wouldn't be funny.

What i would love to see is cena win the belt at the rumble, then you do a title vs career match between cena and taker at mania. Give taker one last big match at wrestlemania then he retires for good and get into the hall of fame next year. You don'T need i'm around anymore, you got Kane to takeover the mythology of taker and maybe even found a way to included him with the wyatt's, you don'T need taker for that role.

just want to point out something, how would this work if you take into account all the back story that taker as with Bray Wyatt?

You would pretty much have to erase everything that happened last year for the build up to survivor series and the year before for the build up for wrestlemania where wyatt wanted to vanquish taker and take is place. If taker was reveal as Wyatt's mentor, their would be so many plot hole that it wouldn't be funny.

The WWE is famous for having storylines that have plot holes in them big enough to drive tanks through. Also what about storylines that have just been started and dropped with no excuse given.

Taker and Wyatt do have a history when you look back on it. Didn't Wyatt at one time want Taker's sole. There was a whole build up to Mania by Wyatt himself taking both roles. The only time we saw Taker was through a lightening strike that set a chair on fire.

Wyatt needs some direction here. He isn't being taken seriously enough and someone like Taker would go a long way in getting the guy to the next level. The WWE can plug the holes in the storyline. They'e done it before.

The WWE is famous for having storylines that have plot holes in them big enough to drive tanks through. Also what about storylines that have just been started and dropped with no excuse given.

Taker and Wyatt do have a history when you look back on it. Didn't Wyatt at one time want Taker's sole. There was a whole build up to Mania by Wyatt himself taking both roles. The only time we saw Taker was through a lightening strike that set a chair on fire.

Wyatt needs some direction here. He isn't being taken seriously enough and someone like Taker would go a long way in getting the guy to the next level. The WWE can plug the holes in the storyline. They'e done it before.

I think that's what randy orton is there for, to help bray wyatt in be taken more seriously. Since orton join the wyatt, I got more interested in them that any other time since bray started.

I don't see the point of having undertaker involve with them at this point in his career. Let the guy be and go out with one last great match before he retire.

I won't like The Undertaker as mentor to Wyatt Family.

The only way I feel is right that Bray Wyatt should get a victory over The Undertaker. He's supposed to be New Face of Fear, so he should defeat The Undertaker. I can see why Wyatt lost at Wrestlemania to him but then he and Harper lost in a tag team match to Brothers Of Destruction too. That was an bad decision. He needs the win over Undertaker before the latter retires.

This has a higher power II vibe to it. That storyline was a barely a footnote in the attitude era. Why would anyone want to do something like that.

However I do think Bray would be the perfect person to retire undertakes and absorb his soul and his powers with some weird crap kinda like the way taker died after losing to yoko at 1994...

Given the right arena that would make sense... But it would have to happen at mania.

Hey guys. I agree with what most of you guys are saying but some of you are leaving out a very important fact. Bray Wyatt has been booked terribly since his introduction in the company. At first, I wasn't so high on Randy Orton joining the Wyatts. On the other hand, it makes sense on so many levels. To me, the WWE does not need the Undertaker suffocating the Bray Wyatt character. The just need from this point on to try to book him right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back