The W.F.U.: Wrestling Fan's United

The HOF sure sounds like a wrestling section to me. :shrug:

We've already estabished that it's not, because many of the regulars already agree on the quality of certain wrestlers [looking at the first page nearly everyone mentioned was either a WWE or WCW mainstay.] However, those same regulars are most likely not going to agree on picking a favorite match. More drama and debate = more traffic.

We've already estabished that it's not, because many of the regulars already agree on the quality of certain wrestlers [looking at the first page nearly everyone mentioned was either a WWE or WCW mainstay.] However, those same regulars are most likely not going to agree on picking a favorite match. More drama and debate = more traffic.
That's pretty shallow thinking. A lot of regulars here strongly believe international stars deserve a shout alongside the big boys of America. Heck, I could make a good argument for RVD in the HOF at any point. That said, there's no interest in discussing it in that setting. It's no that there's any lack of fodder for discussion. It's just flawed in execution because nobody gives a shit about the concept. The match idea would be even more dire. Heck, once you get through your standard Steamboat-Savage and Bret-Austin nonsense (stuff that everyone will also agree on) that you hear about in every fifth thread to begin with, is there any point? How much discussion will the most memorable battles of Pat O'Connor generate?

You're living in a fantasy world if you think this will work.

That's pretty shallow thinking. A lot of regulars here strongly believe international stars deserve a shout alongside the big boys of America. Heck, I could make a good argument for RVD in the HOF at any point. That said, there's no interest in discussing it in that setting. It's no that there's any lack of fodder for discussion. It's just flawed in execution because nobody gives a shit about the concept. The match idea would be even more dire. Heck, once you get through your standard Steamboat-Savage and Bret-Austin nonsense (stuff that everyone will also agree on) that you hear about in every fifth thread to begin with, is there any point? How much discussion will the most memorable battles of Pat O'Connor generate?

You're living in a fantasy world if you think this will work.

Maybe it's flawed because the discussions center around wrestlers that either performed during the Stone Age, or wrestled outside a promotion that they aren't familiar with. Maybe centering threads around wrestlers that are currently performing with HOF worthy careers, or wrestlers that recently retired would be better.

Well, once again, EVERYONE here is familiar with Bret and Shawn and their HOF debate/poll didn't set the world on fire.

Well, once again, EVERYONE here is familiar with Bret and Shawn and their HOF debate/poll didn't set the world on fire.

Then maybe the section needs a revamping. Maybe instead of trying to induct wrestlers who are already in a real life HOF, how about switching the focus to wrestlers who might end up their one day, like AJ Styles or Randy Orton? RVD might be a name that might arouse some debate because of his controveries. Same with Jeff Hardy.

We see threads like those in the standard wrestling sections from time to time. Why do they deserve their own section?

We see threads like those in the standard wrestling sections from time to time. Why do they deserve their own section?

Why wouldn't they, if they were to discuss potenial HOF status for men involved? If not for that, then for the purpose of organization. While these threads might be fewer in number, what I don't want to see is a "[insert name] is he a future HOFmer" thread every 4 or 5 pages inside one of the wrestling sections.

Why wouldn't they, if they were to discuss potenial HOF status for men involved?
It wouldn't generate enough activity to justify such a section. Have I not been clear on this? If you were to show me an overwhelming amount of content in other wrestling sections that necessitate this, I'd be all for it. But there isn't so I'm not.

If not for that, then for the purpose of organization. While these threads might be fewer in number, what I don't want to see is a "[insert name] is he a future HOFmer" thread every 4 or 5 pages inside one of the wrestling sections.
Every four or five pages? Well it's nice that you aren't interested in seeing such threads intermittently because I frankly think they're garbage too, but that's not enough to justify a new section. If like a third of the threads on the first page of any given section were always this sort of thing, sure. But it's nowhere near that extreme.

We'll just have to see where this goes. I personally do not believe that promoting any sort of chaos inside the non-spam sections is a smart idea.

Well that's nice, but I'm not promoting any such thing. I'm just pointing out the clear, observable reality.

Well that's nice, but I'm not promoting any such thing. I'm just pointing out the clear, observable reality.

Actually you are, but I don't want to get into all that because we'll be moving off topic. I've said my peice on the subject, and you've said yours. Obviously others will either agree or disagree with what we've said, and we'll just leave it at that.

Well no, we are going to get into it. Implying I'm a terrorist is potentially harmful to my campaign. Wrongfully doing so because I think we don't need a HOF section is asinine. I'd like a retraction. Thanks.

Well no, we are going to get into it. Implying I'm a terrorist is potentially harmful to my campaign. Wrongfully doing so because I think we don't need a HOF section is asinine. I'd like a retraction. Thanks.

All I'm saying is that I'd like to see more organization in the non-spam sections, not less of it. Even if a topic doesn't draw that much attention, I'd still like to see it have it's own section or be part of a certain section because it's easier to find, and it's more convenient. That's why i have no problem with this HOF match idea.

Looks like my HOF for matches idea has attracted a bit of debate and attention. I feel that no matter who wins the election, he should push for this idea.

One of the biggest shortcomings of the HOF forum is the fact that wrestlers are inducted once every two/ three months. To make the section more invigorating, you could have one match going into the HOF the month the wrestler does not go in. That will firstly make it a more active section.

Secondly most wrestling fans are somewhat uncomfortable by the idea that there have been only five 5 star matches in the WWE. That is a topic that comes up frequently for discussion in most non spam areas. This could be an opportunity to get the matches that truly deserve the tag their rightful place in history. As far as I know this has never been done on any other forum. EVER.

Thirdly it will generate a ton of discussion. There will be Hogan matches that will come up for discussion and Sly would back quite a lot of them. Like I can see Sly try and induct Hogan vs Andre into the top 5 right off the bat. Now how that will not generate any debate is beyond me. Same with X. He'll try to get Joe vs Punk into the HOF and I can see the likes of Sly losing some sleep over it.

The fact is that matches will generate more debate than wrestlers. See, while people may or may not like Hogan's body of work most feel he revolutionized the business and hence have no problem with seeing him in the HOF. That is not the case for his matches though.

You'll dilute the concept in a year. The average poster's knowledge sadly isn't deep enough to sustain the pace it would take to keep things interesting. As for solidifying a match's place in history, a forum won't do that. It either lives in the hearts and minds of those who watched or it's promoted by WWE regularly or it's forgotten. That's the size of it. Don't be arrogant enough to think what we write on here matters.

Oddly enough, the lack of knowledge of the average poster is the one we want to prey on. Case in point is Hogan vs Andre. The average poster may not be ready to acknowledge the fact that it is a great match. And you do know that we will always have those type of posters.

Secondly, while it may not solidify the match's place in history, it will at least be stored for posterity to be viewed by the future members of the forum. Even Meltzer's rating is known by a select group of people. We are targeting that same select group but our ratings will be fairer.

Fairer? There's that arrogance again.

Hey, did you know we already have places for discussing Hogan vs. Andre?! I did! Yay, redundancy! And those threads will be archived for back-reading as well!

It's not arrogance. It's a simple concept really. The best wrestling company in the world has only a handful of perfect matches while a company like ROH which very few people know about has about a dozen. How is that even possible unless there is a bias acting somewhere or people who are doing this do not understand the business well. We will try to rectify that.

Also redundancy is a part of every forum. No one can say with absolute certainty that he or she has not made a thread that has been made before. But what matters is how you interpret the subject, not if it is original or not.

So... reverse bias? Nice to know you're the one to make this call. Better idea: Why can't this be discussed at length in yet another thread about Meltzer? In what world does there need to be an entire forum dedicated to this ideological divide? Next you'll say we need a WWE vs TNA forum. It's high lunacy is what it is.

And yes, threads get redundant. But we don't need to build a shrine to that in the form of a forum for every argument imaginable. Get a fucking grip, man!

I like how Coco is arguing about a topic that was suggested by someone who isn't even in this party. He's taking a minor irrelevant issue that's not the main idea behind the party and is trying to make it seem like a big deal. I honestly don't understand why he keeps going on about it.

Well Bearded One, Echelon, Rattlesnake. Here you have seen exactly what you can expect from Coco or Killjoy should they be in power. Your ideas and support are scoffed at, written off, dismissed, and shot down with little to no consideration even with you making strong cases. Is this the leadership you want??? Ask yourselves that and think about it strongly??? They don't even have the power right now so he can't dictate whether that happens or doesn't, but imagine when they do and you push. What do you think you will get when your opinion and arguments REALLY don't matter and they are already in control and doesn't have to listen to you at all???

I offer you the alternative, an open mind, an open ear, and a shared power of sorts. I may have a final rule, but you will not go unheard, unnoticed, and your ideals would have a greater chance of seeing fruition. That is precisely why someone like myself should be put in place. I am not deeply rooted here with the long standing hierarchy and thus do not share the same sentiments on your value and the value of your ideals. I value each and every one of you as contributors, and in fact would be relying on you the people to help make my success, as that is measured by your satisfaction not by how many people want to bow down before me and sing my praises. I am not interested in personal glory. By listening to you, making changes you want, trying new things you want to try, I will see to it that you are satisfied and then some, respected. I WANT your input, I WANT your ideas, because no one knows better than you how to fix things. That is a real problem among the current hierarchy, they want to tell you what is best for you and the forum in general. I want YOUR feedback so you can tell me what is and isn't working, and we can work TOGETHER to make an overall improvement.

I was going to wait to announce this but the perfect opportunity has presented itself and the time has come. I have had the idea that upon being put in place as moderator, the power I am afforded will not be solely my own, as I said above it will be a shared power of sorts. That is why upon being voted as the new moderator of the Non-Spam Wrestling Section or the Spam Friendly Section as well, I will form The PDC. The People's Democratic Council. This will be a group of council members that are in the trenches with me to present ideas, debate them, and come to mutual agreements as a group about what would be the best course of action. I would oversee group meetings listening to all ideas, grievances, etc... hearing all cases and arguments, then coming to mutually agreeable terms to satisfy the populous and work to the better good of the people. So, it's not too late to come join the People's Party of Moderation and when we win, join the People's Democratic Council to work towards the overall betterment of the sections overseen and the forum in general.

Well Bearded One, Echelon, Rattlesnake. Here you have seen exactly what you can expect from Coco or Killjoy should they be in power. Your ideas and support are scoffed at, written off, dismissed, and shot down with little to no consideration even with you making strong cases. Is this the leadership you want??? Ask yourselves that and think about it strongly??? They don't even have the power right now so he can't dictate whether that happens or doesn't, but imagine when they do and you push. What do you think you will get when your opinion and arguments REALLY don't matter and they are already in control and doesn't have to listen to you at all???

I offer you the alternative, an open mind, an open ear, and a shared power of sorts. I may have a final rule, but you will not go unheard, unnoticed, and your ideals would have a greater chance of seeing fruition. That is precisely why someone like myself should be put in place. I am not deeply rooted here with the long standing hierarchy and thus do not share the same sentiments on your value and the value of your ideals. I value each and every one of you as contributors, and in fact would be relying on you the people to help make my success, as that is measured by your satisfaction not by how many people want to bow down before me and sing my praises. I am not interested in personal glory. By listening to you, making changes you want, trying new things you want to try, I will see to it that you are satisfied and then some, respected. I WANT your input, I WANT your ideas, because no one knows better than you how to fix things. That is a real problem among the current hierarchy, they want to tell you what is best for you and the forum in general. I want YOUR feedback so you can tell me what is and isn't working, and we can work TOGETHER to make an overall improvement.

I was going to wait to announce this but the perfect opportunity has presented itself and the time has come. I have had the idea that upon being put in place as moderator, the power I am afforded will not be solely my own, as I said above it will be a shared power of sorts. That is why upon being voted as the new moderator of the Non-Spam Wrestling Section or the Spam Friendly Section as well, I will form The PDC. The People's Democratic Council. This will be a group of council members that are in the trenches with me to present ideas, debate them, and come to mutual agreements as a group about what would be the best course of action. I would oversee group meetings listening to all ideas, grievances, etc... hearing all cases and arguments, then coming to mutually agreeable terms to satisfy the populous and work to the better good of the people. So, it's not too late to come join the People's Party of Moderation and when we win, join the People's Democratic Council to work towards the overall betterment of the sections overseen and the forum in general.

No.

I just want the average Joe to start watching pro wrestling outside the WWE bubble dome. Who will answer my call for change?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back