The {Unofficial} RVD shall reign supreme thread

RVD won.

Next round he's facing Y2J and we need your help now more than ever. Be sure to continue to vote for 'Mr. PPV' RVD.

Woooooo Hoooooo!! Ya know, I have been a Jericho-holic for 15 years. It's gonna hurt a little bit to see him go.

Remember kids, VOTE RVD

...RVD won? Seriously?! Wow. That's absurd. I should have paid more attention to this round of the tournament, because Savage and Triple H are both miles better.

HHH is nowhere near RVD's league, bro. RVD is one of the most exciting, athletic, gifted, naturally talented in-ring performers of all time. And not to mention the guy just bled charisma.

HHH, on the other hand, had one really good year in the business, and that was it. He can be a great worker at times, but for the most part... he, his matches and whatever ******ed character he's playing usually turns out to be boring as hell.

Savage.. I don't have a bad thing to say about Savage, though. In fact, I said in another thread that I feel he's the most complete wrestler of all time, and I stick by that, but still... RVD just has the stronger fan base, so he deserved to win. That's all there is to it.

HHH is nowhere near RVD's league, bro. RVD is one of the most exciting, athletic, gifted, naturally talented in-ring performers of all time. And not to mention the guy just bled charisma.

RVD was great for a few years, don't get me wrong. But the last five years or so of his career has been about on the same par as Jeff Hardy in my book.

HHH, on the other hand, had one really good year in the business, and that was it. He can be a great worker at times, but for the most part... he, his matches and whatever ******ed character he's playing usually turns out to be boring as hell.

HHH has had great matches for years, and been in many more then RVD has. Put away the IWC hatred of Triple H, the guy is one of the best heels in the history of the sport.

Savage.. I don't have a bad thing to say about Savage, though. In fact, I said in another thread that I feel he's the most complete wrestler of all time, and I stick by that, but still... RVD just has the stronger fan base, so he deserved to win. That's all there is to it.

RVD deserved to win because he has more fans? If you mean on this board he has more fans then sure. Still doesn't make RVD a better wrestler then Savage.

RVD was great for a few years, don't get me wrong. But the last five years or so of his career has been about on the same par as Jeff Hardy in my book.

Eh, I disagree. It's not RVD's fault for a while there all WWE did was put him in ridiculous tag team after ridiculous tag team. But you know what? Even after being booked like that, he was still one of the most over wrestlers in the company. That alone speaks of his talent.

And RVD still managed to have some great matches during that period, whenever given enough time to work with.

HHH has had great matches for years, and been in many more then RVD has.

No way, man. Decent matches at best. And nothing HHH has done since 2002 is on the same par as RVD vs. Cena from One Night Stand, or RVD vs. Edge at Vengeance 2006.

Put away the IWC hatred of Triple H, the guy is one of the best heels in the history of the sport.

I could not disagree more. The only time he was a great heel was when he had Stephanie by his side, to get the heat for him. But you look at his run in Evolution... the guy was boring as hell and put people to sleep with his bullshit.

RVD deserved to win because he has more fans?

Yes.

If you mean on this board he has more fans then sure.

While more people in general know who Randy Savage is more than people know who RVD is, I would still say that RVD has a stronger, much more vocal fan base in the wrestling community.

Still doesn't make RVD a better wrestler then Savage.

Sometimes the "better" wrestler doesn't deserve to advance, and that was the case in this one. RVD had the better arguments in kayfabe, had the bigger fan base on the forum, ect. Bill Russell is without a doubt the best basketball player in Celtics history, but you run a tournament asking that question and Larry Bird will most likely win it. Would it make it right? Perhaps not, but still... that's how these things go.

And all people with logic and reason should go ahead and vote Jericho.

Logic and reason say that if kayfabe was good enough in past rounds, then RVD should move on as he's got just about the most rock solid kayfabe case in the entire tournament.

Of course it's the cool thing now to say RVD is a spot monkey only enjoyed by low-brow smarks, so that kind of brainwashing might lose this for the Van Dam camp.

Logic and reason say that if kayfabe was good enough in past rounds, then RVD should move on as he's got just about the most rock solid kayfabe case in the entire tournament.[/qupte

Logic and reason say this is a tournament to CHOOSE THE BEST WRESTLER and not who got booked over who on what given night.

Jesus christ you guys act like this is a fucking legitimate shoot wrestling tournament one second, then lay down all praise to the mighty Kayfabe the next.

Vote however you want, fact of the matter is that no way in the rules of this tournament or at it's creation was it thought of as a tournament based on kayfabe.

Kayfabe = The least important thing you could possibly judge this tournament on. If this were a true kayfabe tournament then RVD would have been eliminated three or four rounds ago.

Of course it's the cool thing now to say RVD is a spot monkey only enjoyed by low-brow smarks, so that kind of brainwashing might lose this for the Van Dam camp.

RVD pretty much has been nothing but a spot monkey for the last eight years. A very entertaining spot monkey, but a spot monkey nontheless.

But hey, you guys who want to vote on this tournament as though you were eight year old marks who think wrestling is real, then go ahead.

X this is an online wrestling tournament. You need to calm down and not take this so seriously

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back