The {Unofficial} RVD shall reign supreme thread

RVDgurl

Mrs. Danielson
Join the Revolution. Make your vote count!!

Extreme Championship Wrestling
ECW World Tag Championship (2 times)
ECW World Television Championship (1 time)

International Wrestling Federation
IWF Television Championship (1 time)

National Wrestling Council
NWC Tag Championship (1 time)

Peach State Wrestling
PSW Cordele City Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Comeback of the Year (2001)
PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (2001, 2002)
PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2002

Pro Wrestling Report
Match of the Year (2006) vs. John Cena at ECW One Night Stand II

South Atlantic Pro Wrestling
SAPW Tag Championship (1 time)

World Wrestling Federation | World Wrestling Entertainment
ECW World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
World Tag Championship (2 times)
WWE Championship (1 time)[162]
WWE European Championship (1 time)
WWE Tag Championship (1 time)
WWF/E Hardcore Championship (4 times)
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (6 times)
Mr. Money in the Bank (2006)
Fifteenth Triple Crown Champion
Sixth Grand Slam Champion

It’s time to finally crown the real king. Mr. Monday Night. Mr. PPV. The Whole Fucking Show. Rob Van Dam.

14883834_0aa961ed1235073883_m.jpg

My Take: RVD is a threat to go pretty far in this thing, barring he doesn't run into a mismatch in the first three rounds. If he faces a giant in an unfriendly environement, RVD could go out early.

If RVD makes it to the gimmick rounds, then look out. RVD is about as good of a gimmick match wrestler as it gets. If he gets into round 4, you could very well write him into round 6.

I agree. That's why we ALL need to vote and get into some kind of crazy gimmick match such as the Five Star Frog Splash Match. There will be one of those, right?

Ladder match- That's good. How about a Van Daminator match? Rolling thunder match? A split legged moonsault match? Damn it, Shocky....I vote for these gimmick matches!!!

I can see RVD getting pretty far in this, especially if he makes it to the gimmick rounds. He will have my vote in the tournament.

With the exception of Sting, RVD will have my vote against anyone. The guy is so damn underrated. Not only is he a pioneer to creativity and atheism in the sport of pro wrestling with the shit he has been pulling off since the mid-nineties, but he's one of the most charismatic individuals to ever step foot in a wrestling ring. He definitely deserves to go far in this.

With the exception of Sting, RVD will have my vote against anyone. The guy is so damn underrated. Not only is he a pioneer to creativity and atheism in the sport of pro wrestling with the shit he has been pulling off since the mid-nineties, but he's one of the most charismatic individuals to ever step foot in a wrestling ring. He definitely deserves to go far in this.

do you mean to tell me RVD doesnt belive in jesus?? well, he certainley wont be getting MY damn vote

RVD is one of the worst wrestlers to ever hold a world championship, I have nothing against him because I did like his character but he just wasn't a good enough wrestler to reach the heights he did. He should get through a couple of rounds and then be knocked out by someone who wasnt such a one trick pony.

I shall be voteing for RVD until he meets HBK or Mr perfect. RVD would have to be one of the best Gimmick match wrestlers there is.

do you mean to tell me RVD doesnt belive in jesus?? well, he certainley wont be getting MY damn vote

Lol, what a ******ed mistake on my part. I meant athleticism. I have no idea how the fuck I got atheism out of that, lol.

RVD is one of the worst wrestlers to ever hold a world championship, I have nothing against him because I did like his character but he just wasn't a good enough wrestler to reach the heights he did. He should get through a couple of rounds and then be knocked out by someone who wasnt such a one trick pony.

One trick pony? RVD was one of the most over wrestlers in the business for nearly ten years straight. Just because he only held the championship for one time (which came four years late, I might add) doesn't make him a one trick pony.

Good think you're a Sting fan, otherwise I'd really wonder about you.

RVD is as over rated as they get. He's fun to watch, and has some charisma, but he's a spot monkey with no rong psychology and limited mic skills. He's as rigid in promos as he is fluid when working with a grand total of one guy - Jerry Lynn. I cheer for him occassionally, but WWE really exposed him. Without ECW's booking and the baseless, directionless dance exhibitions he and Lynn put on, Van Dam never sniffs main event status in WWE.

RVD is as over rated as they get. He's fun to watch, and has some charisma, but he's a spot monkey with no rong psychology and limited mic skills.

Mic skills, he's above average. And spot monkey? What exactly is a "spot monkey" anyway?

Fuck I hate that term. Think about this... every wrestler does spot after spot. Your precious Vader did it, and even Hogan did it. A wrestler does one spot, and then they move on to the next. It doesn't matter if it was a headlock or a cross body block off the top rope, a spot is a spot. And if RVD is a "spot monkey", then so is everyone else who has ever laced up a pair of wrestling boots.

As far as ring psychology goes, that's a joke. RVD sold as well as anyone. And his character, in ECW, allowed him to get away with certain shit that would usually be looked down upon by old schoolers. But that doesn't mean he didn't have any in-ring psychology. In-ring psychology is basically making the people believe in whatever the story you're telling them is to be true, and RVD did that every time he stepped in the ring. RVD claimed he was Mr. Pay-Per-View, The Whole Fuckin' Show, and when he wrestled, he was going to make the people believe that he was telling the truth when he would claim those things. And you know that? They bought it. And in WWE, he had the same in-ring psychology as EVERYONE else. Shine, heat, hope spots, comeback, finish. That's WWE in-ring psychology and RVD had it to a T. And not only did he hav ite, but his matches would usually get one of the loudest pops on the card, whether he was main eventing the show, or just opening it.

He's as rigid in promos as he is fluid when working with a grand total of one guy - Jerry Lynn. I cheer for him occassionally, but WWE really exposed him. Without ECW's booking and the baseless, directionless dance exhibitions he and Lynn put on, Van Dam never sniffs main event status in WWE.

RVD was made when he first worked with Sabu in ECW. People need to learn their history here.

As far as Lynn is concerned, the psychology behind those matches were that they kept learning each other. Their first match in the ECW Arena, it was great on its own, but average compared to the others. You know why? Because they learned each others moves and thus, were able to counter each other in their next matches. Those weren't "dance contest", they were wrestlers knowing what their opponent was going to do before they even did it. That's simple sports psychology. If you're a football coach, you prepare yourself and your team to know what your opponent is going to do in certain situations. And that's what the psychology behind RVD vs. Lynn was. Pretty simple. And even if you disagree, the fact remains that the people who paid their ticket to see RVD vs. Lynn, always left the building satisfied with the product they spent their money on. And that's what your ultimate job as a pro wrestler is suppose to be. And not many were better at giving the people their money's worth then :robvandam:

Rob Van Dam will go down in wrestling history in a way that is sort of self deserved, as the guy who blew his chance during his big push and the guy who will never work full time for the WWE again because he loves weed too much. But the truth of the matter is that RVD was one of those once in a life time performers that could do what others could only dream of doing in the ring and, nine times out of ten, had the best match on whatever card he was on.

Remember the invasion angle of 2001? There were so many bitter disappointments from that angle when Vince basically crushed all of the wrestlers that came in from the opposing companies after he bought out WCW. The one bright spot from that angle was Rob Van Dam. The fans could not get enough of him and even though he was a part of the heel WCW/ECW team, he was cheered enthusiastically every time he appeared. I even remember when he "beat" the Undertaker for the World Title on RAW and was champion for all of 2 minutes before Flair overturned the decision due to 'Taker's foot being on the ropes. The crowd went nuts and it felt right seeing RVD hoist the title over his head.

His in-ring innovations are still being ripped off to this day, his mic skills, while not on par with the greatest in the business, were not given their true opportunity to shine. The One Night Stand promo was probably his best work in association with WWE and anyone saying that his promo abilities are not up to snuff should review it.

All in all, RVD is the man who saved wrestling for me. I felt like it was getting stale, felt like the Invasion angle was going to be the death of pro wrestling for me, but RVD was the breath of fresh air that Vince needed at the right time. I will always remember him with those two World title belts slung over his shoulders and I hope that one day he makes it to the Hall of Fame as I think he deserves his spot.

All right people RVD is actually winning and we need to keep it that way so get those votes in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back