• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Unified Tag Team Titles to be split at TLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammysrh

TheViperKiller
Ok i randomly thought up this.. because I am a person who thinks outside the box.. What if, since the tag team match is a TLC match, and that obviously means they will be at the top and you will have to climb the ladder to get the four titles? Im assuming this but this looks to be the case..

Since it is, because I dont think I have ever seen a TLC match where you didnt have to climb the ladder to get the belt..

But my point is, For example Big Show grabs the world Tag title and hhh is on the other side of the ladder and grabs the wwe tag title... Would that split up the belts? Is this a possibility to you?

I actually thought of this idea as well but immediately dismissed it simply because there's not enough tag teams to warrant two sets of titles. There are 6 (I'm being generous here) tag teams in all of WWE and exactly half of them on the verge of breaking up. I don't think I need to waste time going into details here. There is no such thing as a pinfall TLC match, as far as I know, and most likely whoever grabs any 1 of the belts wins the match for his team. Interesting idea but very very unlikely

It's an interesting idea if wwe writers would make it. big show gets one tile and hhh grabs another title and we have big show and hhh new champions, it won't happen, HBK and HHH will probably win only because smackdown needs jericho.

i can see this happening. The lack of tag teams in the division is a easy problem 2 fix with teams easily formed in no time (MVP & Mark Henry for example). It would get Jericho off Raw but still keep him with Big Show.

This is something that is a definite possibility. Four belts hanging from the roof is something that is going to cause a lot of problems and is surely there to get us thinking of ways that they are going to finish this match. I think back on the times when ladder matches have been done in the past, especially for the tag titles. Think back to Edge and Christian winning at TLC. One person would generally end up climbing the ladder and reclaiming the two titles that hang above the ring. Now, this is a very different story when it comes to getting four. Do I think that Big Show will be able to take 4 belts from the perch? No, I doubt it.

So, there is a huge number of possibilities that could come to fruition at TLC. They could just hang two belts and that would be normal. Or they could go with the original posters idea and split them up. It's certainly leading up to something at TLC and it will be a match that I think will deliver a huge shock, one way or another. Good idea.

how exactly do u develop a storyline with jericho off raw but still with bigshow as his partner???? if jericho cant move between both shows then neither can bigshow. tagteam division easy to fix?? notice how mvp and henry have 0 credibility as a tagteam, hart dynasty have o credibility, cryme tyme has 0 credibility, the new tagteam on ecw, well i dont even remember their names, so 0 credibility, dx is getting old and they are obviousely going to have a hhh hbk feud at mania, bigshow and jericho are getting a bit stale. they cut the same promo everytime they get in the ring. o ya and what the hell happend to legacy. they went to headlining ppvs to facing primo and bourne?? a sad sad fall back to the mid-card

wwe tagteam division = shit. theres only 7 tagteams and only 3 of those have any credibility, and all three could easily be broken up to feud between themselves.

no, the tagtitle wont be split.

That would be cool and a better idea if they had another or two more teams in there and has both set of tag titles hangin sepertly but I believe that they'll just put one world and one wwe tag title hangin up.. Cause if there were two sets they would just grab each one and call it a day lol

You know this may not be a bad idea, but with the tag team division being virtually non-existent in the WWE at the moment it wouldn't be a possible outcome because they'll be wasting time splitting the titles again on both shows that don't have truly established tag teams. That's probably one of the reasons why they unified the belts earlier this year. What may happen is instead of hanging all 4 physical belts, they'll hang 1 of each. They've already done almost something like this in TNA when they still had the NWA World Tag Team Titles in an Ultimate X match. Another possibility would be to introduce a new set of tag title belts to replace the two unified belts at the moment just like the old WWE Undisputed Championship belt.

Kudos for thinking this, but I don't think it would be the logical thing to do. I think the best thing for them to do is have Jerishow continue their reign, and stay dominant, while a large tag team roster is developed beneath them, then have them put over someone like Cryme Tyme or The Hart Dynasty big time when they finally drop the titles.

There is no possiblity of DX winning!
HBK can't miss church to do a smackdown taping! Doesn't anyone remember that?

But I read somewhere that Bigshow and HHH winning the titles..... Again.... not likely!
Jericho and Triple H Winning the titles?
Jericho (at least he says) Has never been injured!
HHH, next to jericho, is in the best shape...

Big show is too slow! It works well with jericho's speed! But HHH isn't that fast!

So my prediction! HHH grabs 1 sd! and 1 Raw.... Jericho grabs the other two!

That’s not a far fetched idea. But again if they spilt the belts Show and Y2J or on different shows.. WWE does make up there on rules so I wouldn’t be surprised if this did happen. I think they should let JERISHOW continue to dominate the tag division to keep credibility with the belts.. I would like to see Edge return with Christian to take on jerishow. That my friends would be awesome and I bet that’s what they decide to do. Its time for Christina to get off ECW and come back to the big leagues were the fans want him. E&C will be the next team to defeat JERISHOW recall how Y@J bashed edge when he got hurt... Edge has a reason to get even.

What I would LOVE to see happen is if Shawn and Jericho take the titles. Think about it. There is 7 weeks until the Rumble plenty of time for a build up. Or to turn this into a great storyline. It could start off with Michaels hating Jericho and refusing to be his partner. And then one day maybe at the Rumble he enters as DX with Trips and then as the match starts he gives Trips some Sweet Chin Music,turning heel and teaming with Jericho. He could say that for years now he has done the right thing but never did it get him gold, He hates Jericho but cannot deny his success ect. and it could set up HBK vs HHH for Wrestlemania. Big Show can do whatever he wants as I don't like him or care much for him lol. Legacy can somehow get involved and perhaps win the titles from Michaels and Jericho at some point so the titles dont just float around with no storylines

I like the idea personally. Give DX one set of belts, and have them start building the Raw tag division up a litle, maybe have them drop to Legacy eventually. It would also keep jericho on Raw albeit temporarly, which can eventually lead to him being drafted to Raw after Wrestlemania, Have Jerishow hold onto the Smackdown belts till Wrestlemania, and have them drop to a Smackdown or ECW team. Raw has been putting some tag-teams together recently, Like MVP and Mark Henry and Evan Bourne and Primo, and i think somewhere down the line Smackdown will do the same, and have Jerishow split after Wrestlemania to have Jericho back in the Singles scene.

Immediately after reading this, I looked on wwe.com and I saw that sure wwe doesn't have a shit load of tag teams, but hell if they started working on it right now, they could build it up pretty quickly. Go from 3-4 teams to like 8 teams on raw same on smackdown (if of course they go get some guy from ecw and fcw) and then the split would be possible so split them up and build the division on each show and creative just has to make that jericho signs a double brand contract or some crap like that

Ok i randomly thought up this.. because I am a person who thinks outside the box..

no offense dude, seriously one of the most narcissistic and douchebag things i have seen on this forum. again just my opinion on that. and if you meant it sarcastically or as a joke, that was pretty funny and made me laugh.

but the reason for the post now, it is a good idea, but i'm not for it. not because there is not enough tag teams in either brand, or enough quality. if people think about it quality of tag teams will go down if you limit to brand specific. but with the tag titles unified you can have to possibility to have cross brand tag teams. imagine miz and morrisson get back together for a tag run. possible if the titles are unified.

if anything that might come of this TLC tag match it will either be of three scenarios.

1) They will only put up one of each title so it is possible to take both down, and not fumble with 4

2) debut a new unified tag team title.

3) actually put up 4 titles and make it so long for whomever will win the match to take down the belts that my grandma could have climbed up and knocked them down.

Please don't split the belts up again. I really hope this isn't the case. Keep the straps unified cause there isn't a tag division deep enough for two sets of belts. I can see a Women's Tag Title(replacing the Diva's) before I see the tag straps split again. Let Jerishow or DX hold onto both sets of belts and eventually drop them when the tag division is deep enough.

You want to do something interesting with the tag straps. Then have something built up so well that at Mania here is what your match could look like.

Triple Threat NO DQ Unified Tag Team Title Match.
DX(c) Vs. Jerishow Vs. Brothers of Destruction
(Or you can have any team face the Brothers of Destruction and it will still be dope).

This would work seeing as DX and Jerishow would love to be the ones to to finally end The Undertaker's streak and they feel it's easier because The Undertaker doesn't necessarily have to be involved in the pinfall or submission to lose his streak. Now I guess it may just work better if Jerishow was still champs so they can go show to show together but usually around Wrestlemania WWE blurs the lines between brands. Of course it would require Undertaker to lose the World Title between then and you can definitely have CM Punk(my favorite choice), Batista, or whatever other heel looks appealing at the time.

But I think it takes a more realistic and believable approach that Undertaker can actually lose this match seeing as he doesn't have to involved in the decision so Jerishow and DX can pin each other or Kane to have both the straps and the distinction of ending The Undertaker's streak. Not to mention it will still make The Undertaker look good cause it took 4 opponents to end his streak. If Brothers of Destruction win I wouldn't mind seeing them as tag champs for a while. Damn am I off base here sorry.

But no don't split the belts. Make a new Unified Tag Team belts that the champions can wear with pride.

While I agree that eventually this needs to happen and hopefully sooner than later, I don't believe it will simply because of the lack of tag team talent. They could throw teams together all day but quality and talent in those teams would be hard to come by. while I'm sure each wrestler is talented it takes a different wrestler to actually be a GOOD tag team wrestler. I don't believe they will separate the belt but I absolutely love the idea and kudos on the idea. wonderful way of thinking outside the box!

I think this would be a great outcome IF and only if: Vince starts putting more of a focus on tag-team wrestling!! As it is currently, there are like 6 tag-teams in all of WWE. Probly half of those teams are actual "tag-teams" the other half are paired-up singles wrestlers & nothing more.

I just dont see the tag belts being split back up rightnow. Jerishow Vs DX is the perfect set-up to do just what your suggesting. There just arent enuff tag-teams in WWE to make it actually work rightnow.

Yea, I was thinking of the same thing, have 2-4 titles hanging above the ring? It's gonna be weird.. Anyway, that's pretty creative, to have the titles split up like that. I mean, either 2 things could happen to the tag titles right now, combine them into 1 full undisputed tag team championship, or have them split, I had been wondering how they would work the split, and this seems like the perfect way to go. But at the same time, I have a feeling that DX's time is coming, and the only thing, they ironically have not done is have the tag titles, and what a better way to get them then to win the main event at a debuting pay per view, and ending the reign of a dominant tag team?

On wwe.com it says that DX is challenging for the WWE tag team titles.
MODERATOR COMMENTS (Lord Sidious)

That actually is NOT true. It says "Unified Tag Team Titles".

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwetlc/matches/12728814/preview/

I just wanted to set the record straight on what WWE.com says, not to have people mislead with their posts.

Maybe Jerishow will keep the World Tag Team titles. This is, of course probably not gonna happen, but it COULD. But what I think is DX gets it and they make a promo on the next RAW and debut a new Undisputed Title Belt. You never know, maybe the wwe WILL become unpredictable. I also think if not, we'll have the return of the Rated R Superstar at the Rumble. If you saw him host The Kids Choice Awards at Australia, you saw he can run, which means his heel is better. If it's TLC, then you can bet he costs Jerishow the tag titles. I feel Edge will return within 7 weeks. IF jerishow has the tag titles, when Edge comes back, watch out. At No Way Out, Edge and his homeboy Christian, versus Jerishow and possibly DX. You never know...:shrug:

If I were booking TLC, that's exactly what I'd do to the titles in order to keep the feud going for a while longer. DX and JeriShow represent the only relevant thing going on in the WWE's tag team division at this point, but it interests me more than everything currently going on in TNA's tag division put together. Have two guys up on the ladder and have each one of them pull off a different belt.

JeriShow's promos have been about how they're the most dominant team and all this and that while pointing out that DX has never held tag team gold. Since the two sets of belts are supposed to comprise one championship at this point, having each team have one title gives each of them a relevant claim at being the better team and can keep the feud going for a while longer. Along the way, the WWE could use both teams as a way of building up the tag division once more as its lost some momentum that JeriShow brought into the division. At least, the WWE could do that if they wanted to.

Regardless, I think the WWE needs to keep this feud going for a while longer and having both teams have legitimate claims at being the tag champs by splitting up the titles for a while is a good way of doing it.

not sure where my first post when, I was saying, what happens if they put all 4 belts up and each guy grab a belt, worse if each team members grabs opposing belts, say show and triple h grab SD belts and shawn and jerico grab raw belts does that mean they would be teamed up as tag team champs, someone made a point that if they split the belts it would stop them from jumping from brand to brand which makes a good point also, they could just merge the titles and create 2 new title belts to signify unified tag team champions, they did it for the heavy weight title before then split the belts up again when raw and SD were considered separate shows

But my point is, For example Big Show grabs the world Tag title and hhh is on the other side of the ladder and grabs the wwe tag title... Would that split up the belts? Is this a possibility to you?

There is a small chance that something like this could happen, but I doubt it. I am pretty sure that whoever grabs a belt first is the winner of both sets of belts. The Unified Tag Team Championship needs to remain unified for now. They are the most important that they have been in AGES because of teams like JeriShow using them to gain access to both Raw and Smackdown. Isn't that more entertaining than watching two divisions of two boring tag teams constantly feuding for a tag team title? The belts are better off being unified until the tag team division has been fixed, if that ever happens.

I think that if something like what the original post suggests were to happen then it would be a bad thing because the belts should remain used the way they are now so that it will bring back far more prestige this way and they will be seen as a more important championship.

I think they should go back to old school, one heavy weight title, one intercontenial title and one set of tag titles, get rid of the brands where wrestlers are restricted to where they can wrestle, I know they split the brand so they could have more titles and have more people holding titles, just they have to many now.

Hell they use to have SD Pay-per-views and RAW Pay-per-views but they finally clued in that people want to see all the wrestlers not just one brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back