The Ultimate WrestleMania!

RedRegan1005

Leading A Revolution
It’s the biggest time of year for WWE and wrestling fans alike. We are finally truly on the road to WrestleMania. We are half a week into the 6 week journey starting after Elimination Chamber and it culminates in the biggest show in sports entertainment today, WrestleMania! All of this WrestleMania excitement got me thinking, what would be the Ultimate WrestleMania? Wait! Before you ex out because you think this is a fantasy booking thread where you just put together some dream matches. It’s not! What I want, is to see you guys put together the Ultimate WrestleMania card by choosing from past WrestleMania matches. You have all the matches from the past 29 WrestleMania’s to make your Ultimate WrestleMania card. So just pick your favorite mania matches. Sounds easy right? Oooooh but wait, there’s a catch. To make the Ultimate WrestleMania card a little more realistic there are some guide lines you have to follow:

- No more or less than Nine Matches(I looked at all past mania’s and nine seems like a fair number there hasn’t been a number higher than
- Must have one WWE Championship match
- Must have one Intercontinental Championship Match
- Must have one WWE Tag Team Championship Match
- Must have one Undertaker Match
(what would your UWM be without The Streak on the Line.)
- This leaves you with 5 free matches that can be anything not mentioned above (These could be anything, including money in the bank, or matches for any title not yet mentioned But there can be NO DUPLICATE TITLE MATCES)
- Also to add another layer of reality to the card, and this may be what makes this a tougher task then it seemed at first. YOU CANNOT BOOK WRESTLERS IN MORE THAN ONE MATCH. So when you go to pick your favorite WWE title match stop, and think about whether or not one of those guys have a match you’d rather put on the card.
- If you were to pick a match that fulfilled two of the above Four Must Have Match Types in one match, (E.X. Hogan vs Warrior was for both the Intercontinental title and WWE title) In that case you would have 6 free matches to pick instead of 5.
- Pick your host city, and arena. WrestleMania has taken place in roughly 27 different buildings, give or take a few so pick one for your UWM. (Not real important to the post just thought it would be a cool added detail.)
So that’s it! Those are all the guidelines to creating the Ultimate WrestleMania. I guess you don’t have to follow my rules but I thought they made the post a little more challenging and more fun. So go crack open the WrestleMania anthology and start assembling the shows of shows. I can’t wait to read some of the responses. I’m still not even done with mine yet, so I’ll post it in a little. I just wanted to hurry up and get the topic started. Thanks.

Good thread

Ok first the arena would be the Pontiac Silverdome

Opening Match- IC title Savage vs Steamboat

Match#2- Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio ( they were tag champs but idk if this counts because it was a one on one match

Match#3 Shawn Michaels vs Y2J

Match#4 Vince vs Shane Mcmahon street fight OR Vince vs Hogan....either one works

Match#5 TLC 2

Match#6 End of an Era

Match#7 Trish vs Victoria vs Jazz

Match#8 Bret vs Owen

Match#9 Rock vs Austin wwe title Wm17 match

Below is my ultimate Wrestlemania card. These matches were picked because the match build, story-telling, and/or wrestling was excellent. Because of this, most of these matches are classics in my opinion.

Astrodome: Houston, TX

Match 1- Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio(WM21)
Match 2- Randy Orton vs CM Punk(WM27)
Match 3 TLC Tag Titles- Hardys vs Dudleys vs Edge & Christian(WM17)
Match 4- Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels(WM21)
Match 5- John Cena vs The Rock(WM 28)
Match 6 IC Title- Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat(WM3)
Match 7 Hell in a Cell- Undertaker vs HHH(WM28)
Match 8- Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Bret Hart(WM13)
Match 9 WWF Title- Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior(WM6)

Great thread. I've made a few "fantasy wrestlemania cards" before... but the guidelines definitely make it more interesting.

Sun Life Stadium, Miami.

Match #1: The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudley Boys vs. Edge & Christian - TLC II - Tag Team Championship.

Match #2: Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio.

Match #3: Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle.

Match #4: The Rock N' Sock Connection vs. Evolution.

Match #5: Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold - Submission Match.

Match #6: Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat - Intercontinental Championship.

Match #7: Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James.

Match #8: John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels - WWE Championship.

Match #9: The Undertaker vs. Triple H - Hell In A Cell Match.

(1) WWE Intercontinental Championship: Randy Savage (c) vs Ricky Steamboat

(2) WWE Tag Team Championships: TLC Match II: Dudley Boyz (c) vs The Hardy Boyz vs Edge and Christian

(3) Submission Match: Stone Cold vs Bret Hart

(4) WWE Womens Championship: Trish Stratus vs Mickie James

(5) Hell in a Cell Match: Triple H vs The Undertaker (End of an Era)

(6) WWE Championship: Kurt Angle (c) vs Brock Lesnar

(7) Career Threatening Match: Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair

(8) Singles Match: The Rock vs 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan

Honorable Mentions: John Cena vs Shawn Michaels, The Rock vs John Cena I, Stone Cold vs The Rock II, Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant

Very original. Never would've come up with it myself.

Here's my card:
240 Minute Iron Man Match for the WWE title
John Cena vs A Broom

Streak vs Streak
Undertaker vs Mideon

Daniel Bryan vs Everyone else

Ultimate Wrestlemania: Coming to you live from an oil rig platform in the Pacific Ocean

Hulk Hogan vs The Ghost of Randy Savage for the WWE title

Sgt Slaughter would wrestle Male Pattern Baldness

Undertaker vs Vince McMahon

Chris Jericho vs Ralphus for the IC Title

JBL vs An inflatable dinosaur- the rematch to end all rematches.

Chris Benoit vs John Cena

Edge\Christian vs Hornswoggle\Dink the Clown vs The Natural Disasters- TLC Tag Title match

Man Mountain Rock vs The Rock

Stacy Keibler vs Velvet Sky in a Divas Lumberjack Scissor Me Timbers match

OK. I'll do this off the top of my head so I might not get it right first time. HOWEVER.

ULTIMATE WRESTLEMANIA: LIVE FROM MADISON SQUARE GARDEN BUT CAN WE *PLEASE* EXTEND THE ENTRANCE RAMP FOR GOD'S SAKE?

IC/Euro title: Chris Jericho v Chris Benoit v Kurt Angle (two falls, first for IC title, second for European title, WM2000)
Blindfold match: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts v Rick 'The Model' Martel (WMVII)
Grudge match: Vince v Shane (WMXVII)
Tag match between good workers at their peak but for no real reason: The Steiner Brothers v The Headshrinkers (WMIX)
Mid-card pissbreak novelty match: Butterbean v Bart Gunn (Brawl For All, WMXV)
WWE Tag Team Titles: The Dudley Boys v The Hardy Boyz v Edge & Christian (TLC, WMXVII)
Brother vs Brother: Bret Hart v Owen Hart (WMX)
WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Steve Austin v The Rock (WMXVII)
Main event - Career vs Streak: Undertaker v Shawn Michaels (WMXXVI)

Hogan v Andre - WWE/F Championship
HBK vs Flair
Rock v Cena (28)
Triple H vs Undertaker - Hell in a Cell
Austin v Bret
Steamboat v Savage - IC Championship
Angle v Benoit
Big Show v Mayweather
TLC - Hardyz vs Edge and Christian vs Dudleyz - Tag-team Championship

I love this thread!! It’s kinda like the one from a few weeks ago about putting 2 WM together and instead, I did 4. My card fits better in this thread. Two things, I have 15 matches, but which 6 would you take out?? I just couldn’t remove any. I also have RVD in 2 matches.

WrestleMania
First Union Center
Philadelphia, PA

Women’s Championship Triple Threat Title match
Women’s Champion, Jazz vs. Trish Stratus vs. Lita

Cruiserweight Championship Open Title match
Cruiserweight Champion, Chavo Guerrero w/ Chavo Classic vs. Último Dragón vs. Shannon Moore vs. Jamie Noble vs. Funaki vs. Nunzio vs. Billy Kidman vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Tajiri vs. Akio

WWE Tag Team Championship Fatal Four Way Title match
WWE Tag Team Champions, Too Cool (Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty) vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin) vs. The Basham Brothers (Danny and Doug) vs. The APA (Bradshaw and Faarooq)

World Tag Team Championship Fatal Four Way Title match
World Tag Team Champions, Booker T and Rob Van Dam vs. Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak vs. The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von) vs. La Résistance (René Duprée and Rob Conway)

Hardcore Championship Title match
Hardcore Champion, Maven vs. Goldust

European Championship Title match
European Champion, Diamond Dallas Page vs. Christian

United States Championship Title match
United States Champion, Big Show vs. John Cena

Intercontinental Championship Title match
Intercontinental Champion William Regal vs. Rob Van Dam (I know RVD is in two matches)

Playboy Evening Gown match
Torrie Wilson and Sable vs. Stacy Keibler and Miss Jackie

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar

Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels

Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer vs. Kane

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock

Street Fight
Hulk Hogan vs. Mr. McMahon

Undisputed WWE World Championship Title match
Undisputed WWE World Champion Chris Jericho w/ Stephanie McMahon vs. Triple H

This is the greatest card I have ever come up with!! I just SMarked out for myself!!

This thread comes a lot but I never tire of it. Lets get started

1) The Undertaker vs. HBK
2) IC Title: Rey Mysterio vs. JBL (a quick squash match is fine)
3) Tag Title match: TLC 2 (Hardys vs. Dudleys vs. E&C)
4) Kane vs. Big Show vs. Raven (Hardcore match just for fun)
5) Warrior vs. Savage
6) Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit
7) Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
8) John Cena vs. The Rock
9) WWF title match: Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant

Apologies OP but if you are going to use all WrestleManias you can't restrict to 9 matches simply because the event has jumped in duration over the years. Bouts in 3 hour Manias are logically going to be shorter than 4 or 4+ Manias. As such, I've 11 matches that have a run time of 2:49:58 bell to bell allowing an hour and change for entrances, National Anthem, vignettes, music performances etc.

• America the Beautiful - Ray Charles (WrestleMania 2)
  1. MitB
    Shelton Benjamin, Christian, Finlay, Mark Henry, Kane, Kofi Kingston, MVP & CM Punk (WrestleMania 25 - 14:24)
  2. Owen Hart vs 'The Hitman' Bret Hart (WrestleMania 10 - 20:21)
  3. Tag Team Championship Dumpster Match
    Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlie vs the New Age Outlaws [c] (WrestleMania 14 - 10:00)
  4. 'The Heart Break Kid' Shawn Michaels vs 'The Nature Boy' Ric Flair [Flair's career on line] (WrestleMania 24 - 20:24)
  5. Intercontinental Chamionship
    'Ravishing' Rick Rude w. Bobby 'the Brain' Heenan vs the Ultimate Warrior [c] (WrestleMania 5 - 9:36)
  6. Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit (WrestleMania 17 - 14:04)
  7. The Rock vs 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin (WrestleMania 19 - 17:55)
  8. Women's Championship
    Mickie James vs Trish Stratus [c] (WrestleMania 22 - 8:48)
  9. World Heavyweight Championship
    The Undertaker vs Edge [c] w. Vickie Guerrero, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder (WrestleMania 24 - 23:50)
  10. Bam Bam Bigelow w. Ted DiBiase, King Kong Bundy, Tatanka, Irwin R. Schyster, Kama & Nikolai Volkoff vs Lawrence Taylor w. Ken Norton Jr., Chris Spielman, Rickey Jackson, Carl Banks, Reggie White, and Steve McMichael (WrestleMania 11 - 11:42) LT enters to live performance by Salt N' Pepper
  11. WWF Heavyweight Championship
    Hulk Hogan vs Randy 'Macho Man' Savage [c] w. Miss Elizabeth (WrestleMania 5 - 17:54)

Hope y'all like :)

I put a lot of thought into this. I haven't seen every Wrestlemania, but I did go on wikipedia and look at the cards for each one. I have one cheat match (IC title on here twice), other than that I stuck to the rules. I have Stone Cold losing, which I hate, but here is my card (in the order I would put them):

Ultimate Wrestlemania Card
Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada (Wrestlemania IX, 1993)
(total time of matches, 2 hours, 59 minutes, 57 seconds, hopefully the leaves time for entrances and whatnot)
**The Shield defeated Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show – six-man tag team match (WM 29, 10:35)

**First fall: Chris Benoit def. Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho; second fall: Chris Jericho def. Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit – Two-fall triple threat match for the WWF Intercontinental (first fall) and European Championships (second fall) (WM 2000, 13:35)

**Edge and Christian defeated The Dudley Boyz (c) and The Hardy Boyz – triangle ladder match for the WWF Tag Team Championship (WM 2000, 22:31)

**Bret Hart defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin – submission match with Ken Shamrock as the special guest referee (WM 13, 22:05)

**Hulk Hogan defeated Mr. McMahon – street fight, had Hogan lost, he would’ve been forced to retire (WM 19, 20:47)

**Razor Ramon defeated Shawn Michaels (with Diesel), ladder match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship (WM 10, 18:47)

**The Undertaker defeated CM Punk (with Paul Heyman) – singles match (WM 29, 23:07

**Triple H (with Shawn Michaels) defeated Brock Lesner (with Paul Heyman) – no holds barred match; had Triple H lost, he would have had to retire (23:58)

**John Cena defeated The Rock (c) – singles match for the WWE Championship (WM 29, 24:32)

Honorable mention:
Shawn Michaels (with Jose Lothario) defeated Bret Hart (c) – Iron Man match for the WWF Championship (WM 12, 1:01:52)

Steve Austin defeated The Rock (c) – No disqualification match for the WWF Championship (WM 17, 28:07)

The Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels – singles match (WM 25, 30:41)

The Undertaker defeated Triple H – Hell in a Cell match with Shawn Michaels as the special guest referee (WM 28, 30:50)

Shane McMahon defeated Mr. McMahon (with Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) – street fight with Mick Foley as the special guest referee (WM 17, 14:12)

Edge defeated Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Benoit, Christian (with Tyson Tomko) and Kane – Money in the Bank ladder match (WM 21, 15:17)

Demolition (Ax and Smash) defeated The Colossal Connection (André the Giant and Haku) (c) (with Bobby Heenan) – Tag team match for the WWF Tag Team Championship. (WM 6, 9:30)

Bret Hart defeated Bob Backlund -- “I quit” match with Roddy Piper as the special guest referee (WM 11, 9:34)

Shawn Michaels defeated Chris Jericho – singles match (WM 19, 22:34)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back