• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Two Man Power Trip

#heel420

Mr. Wrestling
The night after Wrestlemania 17 during a cage match against The Rock, Triple H came out and formed an alliance with his former archenemy Stone Cold Steve Austin. They feuded with The Brothers of Destruction and lastly with Benoit & Jericho. The team came to a swift end on May 25th 2001 due to HHH tearing his quad.

Anyway, on to my question. Where did you see The Two Man Power Trip going had Triple H not gotten injured?

I could see them burying the entire roster to be honest.

This Tag team was a falicy, as was the Stone Cold Heel Turn. The Rock left for Filming, and the Stone Cold Turn. Bang, both your most over face's gone in 24/h's. The fact Triple H was getting cheered on his return made it WORSE that he came back and turned heel also.

TLDR; The tag team would have burried serveral smaller Tag Teams, then Stone Cold and Trips would have a fall out, leading to SCSA vs HHH in the Undiputed Title Match later down the line, the only reason Jericho was even in that match was because Trips was injured.

it was a weird team to begin with as i never saw HHH as Austin's main enemy - the team seemed forced to me. If it had continued, it see the usual: they dominate for a while until HHH turns on Austin, turning Austin face again. given that the wcw purchase happened during that time, i could have seen HHH becoming the main face of wcw or even having the nWo come in early.

If Trips hadn't gotten injured, I think a lot of 2001 would pretty much remain the same.

Jericho & Benoit would've still won the Tag Titles from Austin & HHH on RAW, which would've lead to a rematch at King Of The Ring but with the WWF Championship on the line also. Or we might've seen a Fatal 4 Way for the WWF Championship, or Benoit-Austin for the title in the main event & HHH-Jericho in the co-main event. Either scenario, Austin would've stayed the WWF Champion.

Then in the Invasion storyline, we could've seen one of these two options.

HHH in the same role that Angle played, where he & Team WWF are betrayed by Austin in the Inaugral Brawl at Invasion, Trips goes onto face Austin for the WWF Title at Summerslam & Unforgiven, and he wins the belt at Unforgiven before he loses it back to Austin on RAW, then Trips joins the Alliance as a mole and costs the Alliance the match at Survivor Series, ending them once & for all

Or, both Triple H & Austin join the Alliance, leading them together while Angle & The Rock lead Team WWF. In the last few months before Survivor Series, we see Triple H & Austin secretely plotting against each other to take over the Alliance, which results in HHH leaving or getting kicked out (yes, even by Stephanie) & he rejoins Team WWF, or HHH gets so sick & fed up of Austin by Survivor Series, that he betrays him & the Alliance in the match, ending them once & for all

So either way, I think HHH would've been the man to end the Alliance. I dunno if he still would've went on to win the Royal Rumble match but with him being a huge face because of him ending the Alliance, I'd like to think that maybe he still would've. Actually it depends on which scenario would've happened

If it was the second then I could see HHH still winning the Royal Rumble match and winning the Undisputed Championship at WM since he wouldn't have won it if he & Austin were leading the Alliance.

If the first option, then I think The Rock would've won the Rumble match and won the title at WM since he had come back but not yet won the WWF Title. And HHH probably would've brought HBK back early to face the nWo at WM (against Nash & Hall, if Austin agreed to face Hogan but if not, then 2 on 3).

I also think they were a strange team that seemed forced. If HHH hadn't gotten injured I think things would have played out much the same way, but in the end it would have led to a feud for the title between Austin and HHH. The biggest impact felt I think would have been the fact that Jericho probably wouldn't have won the undisputed title if HHH wouldn't have been hurt. I had heard he was put into that situation because of the injury that happened to HHH. If he hadn't gone out I am sure The Two man Power trip would have gotten a rematch for the tag team title and probably knocked off a few more teams, but ultimately it would have led to an Austin HHH feud.

The reason tag teams with 2 top single stars always exist, to create a storyline between both guys and to probably make Triple H face. My guess is it would have played out for Triple H and Austin having a big feud throughout the summer with Triple H winning the title at Summerslam, or maybe WM18 (what I felt SHOULD have been the title match for that PPV), or at least it seemed that's where it was heading.

I'd agree with most. They'd eventually break up and go back in the title hunt or whatever. And truly couldnt blame them. They are such good stars. Like Kane and Bryan. Would you have two huge main eventer yes they will bring more prestige to the division but soon after break up and go for the heavyweight gold. I do wonder, however how it would have affected the Invasion angle..or rather if the Invasion angle, or even the nWo angle would have broken through

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back