The Ten Best Franchises Since 1990

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
Introduction

The object of any team in any sport is to do one thing, and that is win. The object of a franchise, however, is to not only win now, but be built for the future as well. This top 10 will be focusing on the ten franchises that have done their best at keeping their team at the top since 1990, roughly 20 years ago for most sports (except for the NFL, who has decided their 21st champion already. Those 21 champions have been included in this series). I decided the list on a few factors, including:

-How many titles did they win
-How many years were they relevant (playoff contenders)
-How many poor years did they have

Before I begin my list, I'd like to point out that having the most titles doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make you the best franchise in the past 20 years. Every team included has at least 2 titles, and most range from 3-5. Those last two factors were heavily weighed in when I compiled my list. So, without further adieu, let's kick this thing off with the 10th best franchise of the past 20 years...

#10 Best Franchise since 1990

aaron-rodgers-super-bowl-mvp.jpg

Green Bay Packers

Accomplishments:
-2 Super Bowl Titles (XXXI, XLV)
-1 additional Super Bowl Appearance (XXXII)
-13 playoff appearances

Aside from deciding who goes where, the toughest pick was which team do I choose to put on the ballot between the Packers, Steelers, and Red Sox, who each had the same number of titles (2) and each had a great amount of playoff appearances. After some hard thinking, I decided on the Packers, and yes, their win in Super Bowl XLV had a slight nod over the Steelers. Not only that, but they had only 4 losing seasons in 21 years, and only 2 since Brett Favre came onto the scene in 1992. They have a 16-11 playoff record, were home to a 3 time MVP (Favre), a guy that looks like he'll get a few in his career (Rodgers), and two DPOTY (Reggie White and Charles Woodson). They also had a streak of 6 playoff appearances from 1992-98, which was one longer then the Steelers. It was a tough decision, but the Packers get the nod here.​

Introduction

The object of any team in any sport is to do one thing, and that is win. The object of a franchise, however, is to not only win now, but be built for the future as well. This top 10 will be focusing on the ten franchises that have done their best at keeping their team at the top since 1990, roughly 20 years ago for most sports (except for the NFL, who has decided their 21st champion already. Those 21 champions have been included in this series). I decided the list on a few factors, including:

Before I begin my list, I'd like to point out that having the most titles doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make you the best franchise in the past 20 years. Every team included has at least 2 titles, and most range from 3-5. Those last two factors were heavily weighed in when I compiled my list. So, without further adieu, let's continue this thing with my number 9 team on the list..

#9 Best Franchise since 1990

361050-pittsburgh-penguins-win-stanley-cup.jpg

Pittsburgh Penguins

Accomplishments:
-3 Stanley Cup Titles (1990-91, 1991-92, 2008-09)
-1 additional Stanley Cup Apperance (2007-08)
-15 playoff appearances (with another coming this year)

While these guys have had noticable success in the past 20 years, their four straight seasons of poor play hold them back from getting any higher. They were also home to a top 5 player in NHL history (Mario Lemieux) for a good portion of the 1990s, along with dangerous threat Jaromir Jagr, which were the cornerstones in the back-to-back champions in the early 90's. They've had 4 Hart Trophy winners to 3 guys (Lemieux twice, Crosby and Jagr once) along with 13 first team all stars to 5 guys (Jagr 6 times, Crosby once, Malkin twice, Lemieux three times, and Kevin Stevens once). They did have the down period for four years, as I noted earlier, but they have a great core of Crosby, Malkin and Stall, along with Fleury at goaltender, and have been one of the more successful NHL franchises of late.​

Introduction

Before I begin my list, I'd like to point out that having the most titles doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make you the best franchise in the past 20 years. Every team included has at least 2 titles, and most range from 3-5. Those last two factors were heavily weighed in when I compiled my list. So, without further adieu, let's continue this thing with my number 9 team on the list..

#8 Best Franchise since 1990
102308-football6.jpg

Dallas Cowboys
Accomplishments:
-3 Super Bowl Titles (XXVII, XXVIII, XXX)
-12 Additional Playoff Apperances

Yes, the team of the 90's reaches number 8 on my list. After an average year in 1990, the dynasty began with a run of 6 straight playoff appearances, 5 of those being NFC East Championships. They won 3 Super Bowls within that span, and had one of the greatest combination of threesomes that you will ever have on an offense with Troy Aikman at Quarterback, Emmitt Smith at Running Back, and Michael Irvin at Receiver. All 3 have made the HOF. They went 13-9 in the playoffs during the past 21 years, but at their peak were a shocking 12-3 (during their 3 super bowl titles). The main reason these guys aren't higher is because of their streak of 6 consecutive playoff losses and their stretch of mediocrity from 2000-2004, where they went 5-11 3 times, 10-6 once, and 6-10 the following year. However, due to their dominance in the 90's, they absolutely have to be put on this list.​

Introduction

Before I begin my list, I'd like to point out that having the most titles doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make you the best franchise in the past 20 years. Every team included has at least 2 titles, and most range from 3-5. Those last two factors were heavily weighed in when I compiled my list. So, without further adieu, let's continue this thing with my number 7 team on the list..

#7 Best Franchise since 1990
STC2003.jpg

New Jersey Devils
Accomplishments:
-3 Stanley Cups (1994-95, 1999-2000, 2002-03)
-1 additional Stanley Cup Appearance (2000-01)
-18 playoff appearances

If you want to model your franchcise after someone, these guys wouldn't be too low on my list. Not only have the reached the 'promise land' 3 times, but they've been the most consisten franchise in the Eastern Conference in the entire NHL. While there has been some changes in personel throughout the past 20 years, there's been one main factor that has remained the same throughout, and that would be goalie Martin Brodeur. His first season with the Devils was in 1991, and they've missed the playoffs exactly once since he's been there. It's possible that he could go down as the best goaltender ever, but I digress. You may be wondering that since I'm praising them so much why don't I have them higher, and it's because they've been knocked out in the first round 10 times in their 18 appearances. While they've had their fair share of success, they've only made 5 conference finals, compared to 8 of their Western Conference counterpart, the Red Wings. 7 seems about right here.​

The top 5 should be pretty straight forward. Lakers, Yankees, Bulls, Red Wings, and Patriots. Lakers will probably be 1 and Patriots 5. The other 3 are really interchangeable. The San Antonio Spurs will most likely be coming in at number 6. A couple of franchises that will narrowly miss the cut are the Detroit Pistons and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Honestly, I would put the Steelers in before the Cowboys. Dallas was mediocre for more than a decade after their 3 titles with only one playoff win in 15 years. The Steelers are consistently in the AFC Championship game or close to it.

Honestly, I would put the Steelers in before the Cowboys. Dallas was mediocre for more than a decade after their 3 titles with only one playoff win in 15 years. The Steelers are consistently in the AFC Championship game or close to it.

It's close but the Cowboys made the playoffs 12 times since 1990 which is just one time less then Pitt in the same time period. Plus the Cowboys have that extra Super Bowl win on them. The biggest reason I'd have the Cowboys over the Steelers though is because the Cowboys were THE team of the 90's in the NFL. That was their decade like the 80's went to the Niners, 70's to the Steelers, and 60's to the Packers. The Steelers had a nice run this past decade but they were still behind a team like New England.

If anything I'd put the Steelers in over the Packers. They have the same number of playoff appearances and same number of Super Bowl wins. The difference is that the Steelers have one more Super Bowl appearance.

I sort of take issue with the Dallas Cowboys being mentioned. They were great in the 90's, but the 2000's have been crap to them. They also barely won their first playoff series since '96 years in 2010. I have to sit down and think about it, because I don't have a ready replacement for them, but I cannot consider the Cowboys one of the best teams in the last 20 years. They won ONE playoff game from 96-10. They had the 6th longest active playoff drought at the time.

Winning one playoff game in 14 years and you consider them one of the best teams in the last 20 years? If making the playoffs is all that matter with titles won ages ago, why aren't we talking about the Atlanta Braves? They belong in there over the Cowboys.

I submit the following.

1 World Series title

5 World Series trips (Two of these losses were some of the best 7 game World Series' ever played)

11 Straight NL East Titles

3 NL West Titles before realignment

1 Wild Card 2010

They were also relevant in the 2000-2010 span even if they didn't win, they were relevant.

I'm absolutely shocked not person has mentioned the Braves. Seriously!? Especially you, Big Sexy, you're about the most on-top-of-it guy I've "met" when it comes to sports.

I sort of take issue with the Dallas Cowboys being mentioned. They were great in the 90's, but the 2000's have been crap to them. They also barely won their first playoff series since '96 years in 2010. I have to sit down and think about it, because I don't have a ready replacement for them, but I cannot consider the Cowboys one of the best teams in the last 20 years. They won ONE playoff game from 96-10. They had the 6th longest active playoff drought at the time.

Winning one playoff game in 14 years and you consider them one of the best teams in the last 20 years? If making the playoffs is all that matter with titles won ages ago, why aren't we talking about the Atlanta Braves? They belong in there over the Cowboys.

I submit the following.

1 World Series title

5 World Series trips (Two of these losses were some of the best 7 game World Series' ever played)

11 Straight NL East Titles

3 NL West Titles before realignment

1 Wild Card 2010

They were also relevant in the 2000-2010 span even if they didn't win, they were relevant.

I'm absolutely shocked not person has mentioned the Braves. Seriously!? Especially you, Big Sexy, you're about the most on-top-of-it guy I've "met" when it comes to sports.
basically, this is pretty simple. If you ask any Braves fan "would you rather have 1 Worlds Championship in 14 consecutive playoff appearances, being thought of as one of the best underachievers in the postseason; or would you rather have 3 championships in 4 years (dominating the league), and be considered the best team of the decade in your sport (no, the Braves aren't the best team of the 90's), followed by a decade of hard times?"

The answer is you'd rather be the latter, which is what the Dallas Cowboys were. The Braves are the biggest underachievers in all of during their run. They are remembered not for their amazing run of Division championships, but for NOT getting it done in the postseason. To say the Braves are better then the Cowboys is to value very good over Dominance.

And Big Sexy, I would like to know you think the Lakers would be ranked higher then the Yankees? They have the same number of titles, but the Yankees have only 1 less playoff appearances in a league where making the playoffs is 8/16ths harder (see what I did there? There are 8 teams in the MLB playoffs, and 16 in the NBA playoffs, where 3rd and 4th place teams qualify). In Baseball, you pretty much need to win your division, but not in the NBA. To me, the Bulls are #1, solely based on their run in the 90's. The Red Wings/Yankees are 2/3 (either/or), Lakers 4, Pats 5.

The Cowboys have been exactly that, underachievers, this entire decade they have gone through more coaching changes under Jones than any other owner during their history. Personally, I'd rather get in the playoffs and underachieve (Braves) than bottom out and meltdown during the regular season (Cowboys). My mom is a diehard Cowboys fan and even she said she wouldn't pick the Cowboys as one of the best teams in the last 20 years. They had an entire decade of crap, dude. Plain and simple. Also, they were only good the first FIVE years of the 90's. After 96 they didn't see a playoff win until 2010. 3 titles from 91-95 followed by garbage isnt enough for me to consider them a best franchise in 20 years.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict that the number one team for the past two decades has four championships in six championship finals appearances, won their division 14 times, and has a twenty year playoff streak still going strong...and is pretty much the best managed sports franchise ever. Megatron, if its not them, we got issues, bro. LOL

And Big Sexy, I would like to know you think the Lakers would be ranked higher then the Yankees? They have the same number of titles, but the Yankees have only 1 less playoff appearances in a league where making the playoffs is 8/16ths harder (see what I did there? There are 8 teams in the MLB playoffs, and 16 in the NBA playoffs, where 3rd and 4th place teams qualify). In Baseball, you pretty much need to win your division, but not in the NBA. To me, the Bulls are #1, solely based on their run in the 90's. The Red Wings/Yankees are 2/3 (either/or), Lakers 4, Pats 5.

The Lakers have made the playoffs 18 of the last 20 seasons and The Yankees have only made the playoffs 15 times in the last 21 seasons but I'll give them 16 because they were on their way in 1994. If you count the 89-90 season for the Lakers then that's 19 out of 21 seasons so they are 3 up on the Yankees in playoff appearances. Plus the Lakers were a top 4 seeded team in 13 of their 19 appearances so they weren't exactly sneaking into the playoffs. That combined with the fact that they have an extra championship appearance on the Yankees is enough to put them over for me.

The Bulls at best should be 4. Yes they have 6 titles but they also only have 6 appearances in the finals. They've also failed to make the playoffs in 7 of the last 13 seasons before this one, including a 6 year stretch where there highest win total was 30 games. They've had seasons of just 13, 17, 15, 21, and 23 wins during this time period. That doesn't put them at number 1, not even close.

The Braves are a team I'd add to the Steelers and Pistons (possibly ahead of both) as ones who just missed the cut. I would contemplate putting the Braves in over the Packers.

Introduction

Before I begin my list, I'd like to point out that having the most titles doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make you the best franchise in the past 20 years. Every team included has at least 2 titles, and most range from 3-5. Those last two factors were heavily weighed in when I compiled my list. So, without further adieu, let's continue this thing with my number 6 team on the list..

#6 Best Franchise since 1990
539w.jpg

New England Patriots
Accomplishments:
-3 Super Bowls (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX)
-2 additional Super Bowl Appearances (XXXI, XLII)
-13 playoff appearances

The 'Team of the 00's' checks in at #6 on my list, and is also the final football team featured on this list. From 1990-94, the Patriots had no more then 6 wins in a season, so I couldn't in my right mind move them into the top 5, even with their dominance in the past decade. But, since they've first made the playoffs in 1994, they've only had 2 years where they weren't at least .500 (those being in 1995 and 2000). While they're generally known for their success of the 00's, they also made the Super Bowl in 1997, before being outclassed by the Packers. The one way these guys would've been moved into top 3 category was if they would have sealed the deal in 2007 and finished off their perfect season because not only would they have gotten their 4th title but also they would've done something that's never been done before. Hell, I would've given them strong consideration for the #1 spot since it's so difficult to win constantly in the NFL. However, we know what happened, which causes me to keep them just below a few of the more dominant teams. Not that they haven't been dominant, but the ones above them just have had slightly more success. Trust me, had they won that #4 Super Bowl, I would've had no problem moving them up to at least #3. But I can't.​

You better have the Detroit Red Wings in the Top 3 or this thread loses all credibility.

See you in the playoffs for the 20th year in a row.

Introduction

Before I begin my list, I'd like to point out that having the most titles doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make you the best franchise in the past 20 years. Every team included has at least 2 titles, and most range from 3-5. Those last two factors were heavily weighed in when I compiled my list. So, without further adieu, let's continue this thing with my number 5 team on the list..

#5 Best Franchise since 1990
michael_jordan_nba_finals.jpg

Chicago Bulls
Accomplishments:
-6 NBA Championships (1990-91, 1991-92, 1992-93, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1997-98)
-13 playoff appearances

Surprised to see the Bulls only at #5? While they do have the most titles out of any franchise on this list, I can't possibly put them above any of the 4 teams above them for one reason: consistency. Yes, they made the playoffs every year in the 90s and didn't lose in a finals, but that doesn't excuse them from not only not being a playoff team, but being one of the worst teams in a 6 year stretch from 1998-99 to 2003-04. Had they been even a halfway decent team, they'd have been a shoe in for #1. But, while they were dominant in the 90's, they were never much of a contender throughout the 2000s, which takes them down a few notches. That's not to say #5 is bad, because it obviously isn't. They were home to the greatest basketball player ever during their highest run of dominance, aka Michael Jordan. And had he not decided to go play baseball for 2 years, they may have gone and had themselves an 8 peat. However, Jordan decided to leave in his prime, costing them possibly 2 titles. While they were the team of the 90s, theres 4 teams that I don't have a problem in saying were better within the past 20 years combined.​

Introduction

Before I begin my list, I'd like to point out that having the most titles doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make you the best franchise in the past 20 years. Every team included has at least 2 titles, and most range from 3-5. Those last two factors were heavily weighed in when I compiled my list. So, without further adieu, let's continue this thing with my number 4 team on the list..

#4 Best Franchise since 1990
Spurs_led_by_Tim_Duncan_capture_third_title_in_seven_years_Andrew_D._Bernstein_NBAE_Getty_Images_.jpg

San Antonio Spurs
Accomplishments:
-4 NBA Championships (1998-99, 2002-03, 2004-05, 2006-07)
-19 playoff appearances

While during their highest point (2002 to 2007) they were nowhere near the most exciting team to watch, they were the model franchise of the middle part of the 00's. And it's not like they weren't a good team before Duncan came aboard in 1997 - they won 47 games in each season prior to getting Duncan other then their lottery season. They went from the Admiral to Duncan without missing a beat. Every year that they made the finals, they won it, and along with the Lakers have been one of the most consistent playoff teams in recent years. They aren't the loudest team or the flashiest, but are highly consistent and typically in the top 2-3 in contenders in the West. Their consistency is why I put them above the Bulls, who didn't thrive post-Jordan.​

Introduction

Before I begin my list, I'd like to point out that having the most titles doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make you the best franchise in the past 20 years. Every team included has at least 2 titles, and most range from 3-5. Those last two factors were heavily weighed in when I compiled my list. So, without further adieu, let's continue this thing with my number 3 team on the list..

#3 Best Franchise since 1990
articleLarge.jpg

New York Yankees
Accomplishments:
-5 World Series Championships (1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2009)
-2 Additional AL Pennants (2001, 2003)
-15 playoff appearances

The only MLB team featured on this list, and rightfully so. While the early 90's weren't very kind to the Pinstripes, following the strike-shortened 1994 (where they ended the season in 1st place), they made the playoffs for the next 13 seasons, the 2nd longest in MLB history. The Yankees main period of dominance was obviously their string of 4 titles in 5 years, but you've really have had to mention them as a World Series contender for over the past decade with their big names all over the diamond. After having 7 straight postseasons without a World Series (along with their first non-playoff season since 1994 in 2008), they got back to their winning ways with their 27th World Series. And their dominance over the past 15 years can be attributed to their foursome of Derek Jeter, Andy Pettitte, Jorge Posada, and Mariano Rivera, who've each been on the team for their 5 titles. The reason they aren't #1? While it's tougher to make it in the playoffs in the MLB then NBA or NHL, the Yankees first 4 seasons they weren't a good team. The top 2 teams have been the best for the entire 20 year period, compared to just 15 by the Yankees.​

Introduction

Before I begin my list, I'd like to point out that having the most titles doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make you the best franchise in the past 20 years. Every team included has at least 2 titles, and most range from 3-5. Those last two factors were heavily weighed in when I compiled my list. So, without further adieu, let's continue this thing with my number 2 team on the list..

#2 Best Franchise since 1990
large_RedWingsTopPhoto.jpg

Detroit Red Wings
Accomplishments:
-4 Stanley Cups (1996-97, 1997-98, 2001-02, 2007-08)
-2 Additional Stanley Cup Appearances (1994-95, 2008-09)
-20 consecutive playoff appearances

I wanted to put these guys at number one. Really. The one constant positive thoughout the city of Detroit in the past 20 years. A team that has made me proud to be a fan of each and every season since I can remember (which was around their third cup win in 01-02 when I really began to be interested in sports on the whole). They're the ONLY team on this list to make the playoffs each and every year, they really have been the model franchise of pretty much any franchise since 1990. And they've done it the right way, building from within with their great scouting and timely free agency additions. During this time names such as Yzerman, Osgood, and Lidstrom have become icons in Red Wings lore. As much as I WANT to put them at number one, the number one team (which won't be a surprise to anyone via process of elimination) has only missed the playoffs two times during their span and still has another title. Had the Wings won game 7 in 08, they'd be at #1 and I wouldn't feel like a homer in the slightest. But, even though I'm a fan, I would feel slightly biased putting them #1. #2 out of over 100 franchises isn't something to scoff at, not in the slightest.​

Can I just say how much I've enjoyed reading this? I'll nominate it for best thread of the year in the NWS's. Megatron put in a great deal of effort here, and I think the only reason it hasn't gotten more posts overall is because of what a great job was done objectively and rationally comparing each franchise on a series of good criteria.

Megatron, any chance you can do a "Worst Franchises" thread next?

Yeah ive enjoyed this thread greatly and whilst ive followed NFL religously for the last 5 years, this thread had pushed me to read up on other franchises in NBA, MLB and NHL. Great work and i look forward to your Detroit Lions holding a lofty position in the worst franchises thead as IC hinted at you doing.

Introduction

Before I begin my list, I'd like to point out that having the most titles doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make you the best franchise in the past 20 years. Every team included has at least 2 titles, and most range from 3-5. Those last two factors were heavily weighed in when I compiled my list. So, without further adieu, let's continue this thing with my number 2 team on the list..

#2 Best Franchise since 1990
large_RedWingsTopPhoto.jpg

Detroit Red Wings
Accomplishments:
-4 Stanley Cups (1996-97, 1997-98, 2001-02, 2007-08)
-2 Additional Stanley Cup Appearances (1994-95, 2008-09)
-20 consecutive playoff appearances

I wanted to put these guys at number one. Really. The one constant positive thoughout the city of Detroit in the past 20 years. A team that has made me proud to be a fan of each and every season since I can remember (which was around their third cup win in 01-02 when I really began to be interested in sports on the whole). They're the ONLY team on this list to make the playoffs each and every year, they really have been the model franchise of pretty much any franchise since 1990. And they've done it the right way, building from within with their great scouting and timely free agency additions. During this time names such as Yzerman, Osgood, and Lidstrom have become icons in Red Wings lore. As much as I WANT to put them at number one, the number one team (which won't be a surprise to anyone via process of elimination) has only missed the playoffs two times during their span and still has another title. Had the Wings won game 7 in 08, they'd be at #1 and I wouldn't feel like a homer in the slightest. But, even though I'm a fan, I would feel slightly biased putting them #1. #2 out of over 100 franchises isn't something to scoff at, not in the slightest.​

Another thing about the Red Wings franchise that people seem to forget is that they've won a Cup in the "salary cap era" and they are the only team in the NHL to have made the playoffs every year since the salary has been in place. People used to knock Detroit as a team that went out and "bought" the championship by signing all the free agents. Yet, with the so called "level playing field" of the salary cap, the Wings are still the league's most consistent franchise. While the team is the oldest in the league, they do a great job of developing young players that step right in and fill in as the older players leave.

I appreciate the kind words, guys. And I will do the 10 worst franchises in the past 20 years sometime soon, but I had a different idea I was going to go with first, starting sometime probably within the next 3-4 days, whenever I finish number one (which will probably be over the weekend.) But hey, if you guys enjoy the list, I'm more then fine to do another one.

And again, thanks for the words. I apreciate it.

Introduction

Before I begin my list, I'd like to point out that having the most titles doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make you the best franchise in the past 20 years. Every team included has at least 2 titles, and most range from 3-5. Those last two factors were heavily weighed in when I compiled my list.

NOTE: It's been fun doing this series, guys, and I'm glad to see that others have liked it as well. With this now coming to a close, I'll be starting another series up sometime probably within the next week, should my schoolwork/baseball get in the way. Also, here's the other franchises that I had thrown up in the running, but finished just outside of the top 10: Steelers (11), Red Sox (12), Giants (13), Avalanche (14), Pistons (15), 49ers (16).

Now, drumroll please... Your number one franchise since 1990 is.... IS....

#1 Best Franchise since 1990
2010+NBA+Champion+LA+Lakers+-+Kobe+Bryant+and+the+Los+Angeles+Lakers+Celebrating+Their+Second+Straight+NBA+Championship.jpg

Los Angeles Lakers
Accomplishments:
-5 NBA Championships (1999-00, 2000-01, 2001-02, 2008-09, 2009-10)
-3 Additional Finals Appearances (1990-91, 2003-04, 2007-08)
-19 playoff appearances

While I'm not a fan of these guys by any stretch of the imagination, it's hard not to put these guys at number one. While they didn't achieve any title success throughout the 90's (since that was mostly occupied by the Bulls), they made a few Western Conference finals and an NBA finals during then, before taking off leading into the new millenium with the deadly 1-2 combo of Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant, who gave Phil Jackson his third three-peat. Those two have clearly been the faces of the franchise since 1990, with each earning a MVP award sometime during the past decade. Remember I said the most titles doesn't mean a great deal in my decision making? This is the reason why. The Bulls have one more title then the Lakers in the past 20 years, however, when you look at the numbers more objectively, the Lakers were a far better franchise, in terms of being dominant and staying away from the cellar (unlike the Bulls who had multiple 20-30 win seasons when the Lakers were 3 peating). I'm not a fan of the Lakers. This is no hint of bias. I'm not a fan of Kobe, either. However, I will recognize when they've put together a franchise that is now the biggest in the entire NBA and been the best since 1990.

So congrats, Lakers. Here's a gift from me, on the house:

champagne.jpg

Now that the list is complete, it's your turn. Did I put someone too high? Too low? Did I forget someone? Am I an idiot? Think you could do better? Let me know in this thread, I'll be watching.

And with that, this thread series is done. Hope you guys have had as much fun reading it as I've had writing it. Seriously.​

Megatron, I am curious as to whether the Lakers would still have been #1 if you had waited until, oh, mid June to do this thread, after the Red Wings win their 5th Stanley Cup in the time frame...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back