The Suplex Machines of Wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brilliance In Supremacy

Getting Noticed By Management
I don't know about you guys, but I freaking love suplexes. I love technical wrestling and it's no mystery that the technical cats just love suplexes. With approximately 50 variations of suplexes, it's a shame that on some episodes of RAW you don't even see a basic suplex.

That being said, who do you guys think are the best suplexers of all time? What are the suplexes that they do to just make you fall in love with their style? While you're at it, why not list some of your favorite actual suplexes.

My favorite suplexers (and suplexes) of all time:

Gary Albright - To my knowledge, he's the original American suplex machine. This guy was pulling off double underhooks, belly to bellies, and Germans years before Americans even knew what the hell they were.

Chris Benoit - With time, the amount of suplexes that he does has shrunk. Nowadays, we only see him doing Germans, snap suplexes, gutwrench suplexes, northern lights suplexes and high angle belly to backs. But you know you'll at least three nasty Germans per match!

Kurt Angle - Replace Benoit's gutwrench suplex with an overhead belly to belly and subtract the northern lights suplex and you've got Angle. He used to do so much more but I guess he began favoring certain moves.

Tazz - Honestly, he did everything. What made it so amazing too was that he'd do at least three suplexes in succession. You name it, he'd do it. His favorites were obviously the capture suplex, the exploder suplex (which we call the t-bone suplex in America), the head and arm suplex, and the katahajime suplex

William Regal - You're guaranteed two a match and what makes it great is the fact that you never know what they're gonna be. Well, one of them is usually gonna be his signature double underhook suplex. The other one might be a half nelson suplex, a modified head and arm suplex, and wrist-clutch exploder suplex, or anything in between

my favorite suplexes are the German suplex, the overhead belly-to-belly suplex, the tiger suplex, the half nelson suplex, and the double underhook suplex

I like Angle/Benoit style suplexes but you cant beat Taz. Anybody who can give Bam Bam Bigelow a suplex and make it look easy deserve's respect. They used to come out of nowhere and they all looked like they legitimatley hurt.

I forgot about Bryan Danielson. He's so talented and has such a large move-set that - other than the Regalplex (techincally a head and leg belly to back suplex), the northern lights suplex, and the Full Nelson Suplex - you really never know what suplex he'll do. He's not necessarily known for his suplexes, but he's done close to all of them in his career

The one guy who is missing from this list who is a bona fide pioneer of suplexing as an art is Scott Steiner. Once upon a time...before the overconsumption of steroids, Steiner was one hell of a hybrid wrestler who combined technical prowess with brawling and his forte' was suplexing. Hell, I remember one time he actually T-boned Paul Wight. Towards the end of his career, he became more of a WWE-styled heavyweight that relied on a few less-exciting power moves. But back in the day, he had a definite arsenal. Otherwise, I'll agree with every one of the guys that's been listen on here.

I always thought Mr.Perfect had a good suplex. The Perfectplex. Kurt Angle Belly to Belly from the tope rope i think is just awsome

The one guy who is missing from this list who is a bona fide pioneer of suplexing as an art is Scott Steiner. Once upon a time...before the overconsumption of steroids, Steiner was one hell of a hybrid wrestler who combined technical prowess with brawling and his forte' was suplexing. Hell, I remember one time he actually T-boned Paul Wight. Towards the end of his career, he became more of a WWE-styled heavyweight that relied on a few less-exciting power moves. But back in the day, he had a definite arsenal. Otherwise, I'll agree with every one of the guys that's been listen on here.

I'm only twenty. So, other than what I've heard and read about the old Scott Steiner, I'm unfamiliar with what he was once capable of. In TNA, I have seen him to a number of great suplexes. He seems to like the half nelson suplex a lot. Since suplexing is a skill move, I'm sure he could still do a lot of the moves that he used to do. He just doesn't choose to...sad

I'm only twenty. So, other than what I've heard and read about the old Scott Steiner, I'm unfamiliar with what he was once capable of. In TNA, I have seen him to a number of great suplexes. He seems to like the half nelson suplex a lot. Since suplexing is a skill move, I'm sure he could still do a lot of the moves that he used to do. He just doesn't choose to...sad
He became too geared around being the next roid monkey ala Hogan. Before 1996, especially in Japan and WCW, the Steiners were f***ing machines when it came to technical wrestling and suplexes. Scotty and Rick were twice as fast and were very technical as they had legit shooter backrounds at Michigan. Think of a combination of Taz, Angle, and Haas/Benjamin as a tag team and that's what you'd get. Steiner was even the first guy stateside to popularize the Frankensteiner. Hell, he's still one of Mysterio's favorite wrestlers and all-time influencers, along with Tiger Mask. Scott was also doing T-bones and Tiger-bombs before ECW was even in the picture. In a time of WCW's worst cartoon-period (early 90's) they were both WAY over strictly on workrate. If it wasn't for all of the juicing and drop-foot syndrome, Steiner could've been one of the all time greats in the business. If you can find any Steiner matches on youtube, try to do it.

Gary Albright (RIP) is one of the greatest & toughest wrestlers I ever seen. Anyone who watched "Bushido" (Japanese shoot wrestling) in the early90's knows what i'm talking about.
His matches with Takada were the best I ever seen.

I also will mention Curt Hennig. He had a great arsenal of suplexes and his Perfectplex was executed so brilliantly. Taz also has to be mentioned as he could catch you from anywhere and suplex your ass back to the stone age. Look at his matches with Sabu and just watch those gut wrenching suplexes the man did.

okok reagals underhook suplex si amazing kurts german benoits 3 amigos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back