The Summer of......?

CelticPride101

Occasional Pre-Show
Not sure if this was a topic or not, if so my bad. For the WWE usually the season of summer signifies one thing (besides Summerslam) and that is: A major push for a WWE superstar. Last summer we had the "The Summer of Punk" where C.M. Punk was getting a push and he took the ball and ran with it ("The Shoot heard round the world" and that amazing match at Money In The Bank). Personally that rejuvenated the WWE and it was so fun to watch Punk week in and week out. the Around this time Christian also got a chance on Smackdown against Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship, and I believe he held his own in that feud, and it was very fun to watch Christian go from a lovable face to an annoying yet effective heel. "One more match!"

In previous summers others got their chance at a major push. Remember William Regal winning the King Of The Ring? Although it turned out not to be a major push he did get his chance. The Nexus I believe were running things in the summer of 2010 and that to me could have been more successful however they still got their shot and did a pretty decent job with it. Even Mr. Kennedy........Kennedy was most likely going to get a major push as he was going to be Vince's illegitimate child (but we all know how that ended up).

So really my question here is: this summer what current WWE superstar(s) will get their chance at a major push? and will it ultimately be successful?

Well, there are two choices that i like, it can either be Dolph Ziggler breaking up with Vicky and Swagger and go his own way, and getting that push that he rightfully deserves into the main event scene, or if Wade Barret returns soon he also can get a big push, a push that will put him in the title hunt or main event status......

WADE BARRETT.
I am in no way a mark for Wade but I do find him entertaining. And even though I don't want to see either title change at Over the Limit it would be necessary for an impactful return. Say Jericho wins at OTL and Barrett returns to take the title from Jericho(Barrett's former NXT "Pro") at a later PPV this summer and send Jericho back to doing concerts. Or what if Daniel Bryan wins against Punk(long shot) and Barrett comes back challenging against Bryan! Both would be entertaining angles with reasons for a nice build.

hopefully his return doesn't result in him being in this A.W. Stable

I would be fine with the Summer of Wade, the Summer of Ziggler, or even the Summer of Cody Rhodes. Those are my top 3 who are ready to move permanently to the Main Event level.

Anything but the Summer of Brodus Clay, Lord Tensai, Great Khali, and Hornswoggle.

I also wouldn't mind the Summer Where WWE Divas Started Posing in Playboy again, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

And I totally forgot Jericho was Wade's Pro. Good call on that one.

Got to agree with you guys Wade and Ziggler would be my top choices. However I think it's probably going to be Wade Barrett, considering he's on Smackdown and Ziggler is on RAW where I guess it's kind of crowded a bit at the moment. But once this Laruantitis and Brock stuff is done, I can see them giving Ziggler a push. I really like the idea with Jericho Vs Barrett, to be honest I woulden't even mind Wade being part of AW's stable with them touting him as their "star" but we'll see.

I think The Miz will be back in the main event picture, so it could be the summer of Miz. I do agree with the people in here talking about Barrett and or Cody Rhodes too. I think either one of those could get a mega push into Summer Slam. If Orton wins the belt, then I expect Randy vs. Cody to be the main feud.

Summer of tag teams. Honestly, I see some huge changes coming to the division, with the All World stable, perhaps Kings of Wrestling, etc.

Barrett, Ziggler and Rhodes are all still too young and inexperienced to carry the show by themselfs (coming from a fan of all 3). Don't be surprised if they pull a huge angle off out of nowhere, I'm liking the look of Kane at the moment, he's just missing a belt...

This year is going to be the summer of Wade Barrett.

I read somewhere that Wade Barrett would be coming back before at or just after Summerslam, i also read that Wwe was considering having a Money In The Bank Ladder Match at Summerslam to replace the one they where meant to have at WrestleMania with Barrett walking away with the case and winning the world title sometime in the future but since Barrett was injured that didn't happen so maybe Wwe sets up a Money In The Bank Ladder Match at Summerslam and announces Five of the Participants and does not reveal the identity of the sixth superstar till Summerslam which turns out to be Wade who goes on to win the Match. Then later that night Barrett cashes in the Briefcase and wins the World Title and runs rough shot over Smackdown for the rest of the Year.

Well, with Wade Barrett said to be returning in the summer (to the point that Money In the Bank was apparently scrapped from Mania because he was meant to win it) it's hard to look past him. He was on a roll with his feud with Orton, and was looking damn impressive. Look out for him to be back around Money In The Bank, because safe money would be on him winning it., and probably cashing in on Sheamus (or whoever the World Heavyweight Champion is at the time).

If his return is handled correctly (this is WWE we're talking about, you can never tell) then this could be his time to shine, and take his place at the top of the heel tree.

I totally agree with Summer of Wade. Hes gonna be back, he will get put over in a bigtime match with orton and hes gonna be the biggest heel in the WWE for years to come. I can see it. Such a great talent and he is better than ziggler, miz and del rio.

Firstly it's nice to see people respecting a fellow countryman of mine in Wade Barrett. He is a very talented superstar but i feel he needs a better entrance than we saw before he was injured. As we saw he came out wearing a Blazer over his shoulders and throwing it behind himself. Hmm Nah i didnt like it. It looked a bit odd doing that when he has full shoulder tatoo's on both arms.

I think the problem with Wade's image is to look at him he looks like he was dragged up through the mean streets of London or Manchester's notorious Moss Side, then when he speaks he sounds like he could play a game of Golf with William Regal on a Sunday afternoon, then finishing of the day with a joint of good old British Roast Beef.

The thing is Wade is exceptional on Mic, he uses British Slang to degrade his opponents superbly. His posh (ish) voice doesn't fit his image in my opinion WWE need to change summat about him, and if they do then yeah it could be the summer of Wade.

Summer of Ambrose. He's debuting within a month or two, and he is going to shoot straight to the top of the company. I love Ziggler as much as the next guy, but he just isn't ready yet. Ambrose has been ready for a long time now. Cody and Barrett are even further from ready than Ziggler. Ambrose is going to be huge this summer.

It's going to be the Summer of Dean Ambrose.

I predict the summer of daniel bryan. He has gone from fueding for the world title straight into fueding for the wwe title. The wwe seem to be investing in him. We even seen aj for what i belive was her 1st significant apperance on raw last week. They are not forgetting about bryan and it would seem that they are going to use him a lot during the summer months.

I dont predict there will be any break out stars into the main event this summer. I expect it to be run by punk, orton, cena, bryan, lesnar, sheamus, christian.

You may see a short main event fued with someone who has not had a shot yet but i dont expect them to set the world on fire like punk did last year.

I do expect some good stuff from who we already have as main eventers.

So yeah its gonna be the summer of d bryan.

I see it being the Summer of Punk Bryan and Christian. Long story short I see Christian costing Punk the title against Bryan, following it with Christian wanting revenge on Punk for keeping him out of mania, as well as his "one more match" with Punk wanting payback on Christian for costing him the title but also Bryan constantly lording it over Punk that he is better than him and we get a decent fued between the three of them that culminates into a Triple Threat match at Summerslam.

At least thats my fantasy summer that I would love to see.

I think it could be barretts summer, the company is very high on him and he was scheduled to win money in the bank before his injury so I see it being him and punk feuding for the wwe title when he returns

Wade Barrett might get a push over the summer, but I don't see that being the "big" angle of the summer, per se. Not like Punk's angle last year and Nexus the year before were, to throw out a couple of examples. I do think WWE is going to try to think of ideas for another one of those, but what exactly they'll come up with is unknown right now. The "A Revolution is Coming" may very well have something to do with it, and we'll see when Dean Ambrose debuts how much of a factor he will play. Overall, I just hope that they do something that will keep my interest during the summer months, especially with WWE programming currently in somewhat of a lull after WrestleMania. They haven't failed to do so over the last few years, so I have faith that that streak will continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back