The Star System

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Why is this so untouchable? At the blog I got to post some reviews at, probably 1/3 of the comments are people saying I don't use the * system and the letter grades are confusing or whatnot.

Seriously? It's that hard to tell that an A is good, a C isn't bad and an F is terrible? When did that get so complex?

Nah. They already complain that B+ is too many characters. Which is odd because it means above average which would translate to about *** and a half.

I always liked the /10 system. I don't think a /5 system is divisive enough. There are more than five levels of match/film/TV quality. Problem is, some people agree with me and so will award films 3.5 or 3.75 or so on, which is just pointless.

Inversely, systems out of 100 or whatever are equally pointless. There's no need to differentiate between a movie that's 87/100 and a movie that's 88/100.

Should do what famitsu does and have four people rate out of 10 giving a total out of 40

I actually rather dislike the star system, and any system other than the letter scale.

I prefer the system that's going to get me into graduate school. I have yet to figure out what it all means, but I know I'm doing extremely well.

Am I the only dumbass that thought this thread was about this?
NGC6859.gif

wasn't till I clicked on it that I was like "oh shit, that star system"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back