• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The srteak 20 and tainted?

Atrue1onewo1f

Dark Match Winner
Okay we all Know about The Undertaker's "Streak" at Wrestlmania. We all know how "The Streak" Has evolved into a main event spectacle and at times bigger than most championship matches (See Orton Vs. HHH at WM 25) Anyways, "The Streak" is prestigious many Hall of famers, Legends...and "Legend Killers" Have "Tried to look into the eyes of the dragon." Some more than others, but they ALL have failed (How is that for putting someone over?):lmao: Anyways....

What If I told you that I believed that "The Streak" is tainted?

Yes, the same "Streak" that The "Heartbreak Kid" sacrificed His Hall of fame career to end (WM XXVI), The very "Streak" That Let us witness Ric Flair and Arn Anderson's bloody Horsemen reunion (WM X-8), And the Same "Streak" that made The "King of Kings" lay his crown down 3 times (X-Seven, XXVII, and XXVIII.) Yes! That "Streak" is tainted and all because of one match on one specific date....

April 4, 1993 (Wrestlemania IX) The Undertaker wrestled Giant Gonzalez which sadly ended by DQ. Now if this match was on Monday Night Raw that would have been fine But this was Wrestlemania IX and a match ending with no real winner is kinda disappointing. Which is why I believe the Streak is tainted.... Because all 19 were won decisively and this one was won by DQ. (Which in my opinion is like buying a 6 pack of beer when one of the can's have a whole in it.)

So I guess what I am saying is ...Do you agree? explain why you do or don't.

This is really kind of silly to me. The streak is not about the manner in which the match was won, its about WINNING. At Wrestlemania IX The Undertaker won and Giant Gonzalez lost therefore the streak is not tainted The Undertaker is 20-0 he is not 19-0-1 it wasn't a double count out or double DQ it was a one way DQ thus making Undertaker the winner. I really see no way you can even try to call it "tainted"

Harvey Wippleman threw Gonzalez a rag soaked with chloroform, which Gonzalez used to knock The Undertaker unconscious. The referee disqualified Gonzalez for using a foreign object and awarded the match to The Undertaker.[22] After the match, The Undertaker recovered and attacked Giant Gonzalez
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_IX

No, simply because after the DQ, as Big Daddy pointed out, Undertaker re-emerged and got the upper hand, putting him in the position of decisively overpowering his opponent by the time their scene had ended.

Well If you guys read this completely you would have saw that I used terms such as "My opinion" and "I think" I never said it was fact. As one not so wise man said "I know its complex but try to follow me here"

If you guys stop trying to insult people and just post your opinions then maybe some of you can actually get real girlfriends instead of them sites you have to pay $29.99/Mo. just to watch a chick sit naked and eat cheerios all damn day.

I know some of you think being "cool" means insulting people and trying to build your wrestlezone street cred... but do you m not hating on nobody... I just like to write and while some of you didn't like this posting it got responses out of you so I am happy! That means my writing was good enough to have you sheep come to me with your responses good or bad so no matter what you say, I win... so continue flocking to your pastor! #Respect

Well If you guys read this completely you would have saw that I used terms such as "My opinion" and "I think" I never said it was fact. As one not so wise man said "I know its complex but try to follow me here"

If you guys stop trying to insult people and just post your opinions then maybe some of you can actually get real girlfriends instead of them sites you have to pay $29.99/Mo. just to watch a chick sit naked and eat cheerios all damn day.

I know some of you think being "cool" means insulting people and trying to build your wrestlezone street cred... but do you m not hating on nobody... I just like to write and while some of you didn't like this posting it got responses out of you so I am happy! That means my writing was good enough to have you sheep come to me with your responses good or bad so no matter what you say, I win... so continue flocking to your pastor! #Respect

No one really insulted you, we simply stated you were WRONG...Because, well you are. Un-bunch your panties and go on about your day...

Except its not a matter of opinion....He hasn't lost, thus, he is undefeated.

That means my writing was good enough to have you sheep come to me with your responses good or bad so no matter what you say, I win... so continue flocking to your pastor! #Respect

......errrr....and WE are the ones who need to get a life?

Well If you guys read this completely you would have saw that I used terms such as "My opinion" and "I think" I never said it was fact.

I saw those terms. I can use those terms too.

My opinion is better than your opinion which sucks.

I think your opinion sucks.

As one not so wise man said "I know its complex but try to follow me here"

As one wise man said, "Your opinion sucks."

If you guys stop trying to insult people and just post your opinions then maybe some of you can actually get real girlfriends

I was wondering why your girlfriend hasn't called me today. I'm sure the ladies are all over you for posting opinions on a wrestling site, you manly beast.

instead of them sites you have to pay $29.99/Mo. just to watch a chick sit naked and eat cheerios all damn day.

Your girlfriend told me she likes Frosted Flakes.

I know some of you think being "cool" means insulting people and trying to build your wrestlezone street cred... but do you m not hating on nobody...

My cred is already built. After all, I know your girlfriend likes Frosted Flakes.

I just like to write and while some of you didn't like this posting it got responses out of you so I am happy! That means my writing was good enough to have you sheep come to me with your responses good or bad so no matter what you say, I win... so continue flocking to your pastor! #Respect

They're grrrrrrrrrreat!!!

who the hell is Giant Gonzalez? Who cares about the streak back then? The legend of the Undertaker's streak is how it evolved and became more epic as time passes. So that match with giant watchamacallit is nothing compared to the wars The Undertaker has been through in the last recent years. But the fact is he won that match and thus become a part of that 20-0 streak.

You used hashtags. Outside of Twitter. I think I hate you.

nobody's hatinng on anybody. your opinion was false, and people simply stated why. Giant Gonzales got himself DQ'd, and the match was awarded to the Undertaker, so there was; in fact a winner.

Next time, before you get your panties in a twist, remember you said:
...Do you agree? explain why you do or don't.

People disagree. They're right. Quit acting like a bitch.

So I guess what I am saying is ...Do you agree? explain why you do or don't.

Damn, three people respectfully disagree with you and you post this nonsense.

From now on you should put a disclaimer in your threads stating that everyone needs to agree with you or you don't want any comments. If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you then I suggest you not post here anymore.

Brace yourself. You may want to sit down for this. I disagree with you. It was pretty common to have DQ or count out finishes during the first decade of mania. A pin or submission may have been more ideal but a win is a win. Taker got a win over Gonzalez and the DQ does not harm the winning streak at all. It is a winning streak, not a pinning streak.

Oh wait, I just responded to you. I am a memeber of this discussion board and I replied to discuss the topic. Guess I'm your sheep.

Undefeated means he never lost... Right? Well he never actually did. Now talk about a Streak.. The Miz is undefeated at WrestleMania, but he lost a couple of dark match some years ago.. Does a defeat in a non-televised pre-show counts?

Undefeated means he never lost... Right? Well he never actually did. Now talk about a Streak.. The Miz is undefeated at WrestleMania, but he lost a couple of dark match some years ago.. Does a defeat in a non-televised pre-show counts?
A loss is a loss. And since one of those losses was for the WWE Tag Team titles it most certainly does count. (Not sure if he lost anymore than one however.)

I read this in Morpheus' voice:

What If I told you that I believed that "The Streak" is tainted?

3q979j.jpg

Haha jk man. But seriously, the streak wasn't planned at that point. I think it was just a coincidence really. It used to be fun bit of trivia "Did you know Undertaker's never lost at WM?" now... well now it's worth more than the titles :lmao:

That post is incredibly sad.

But, you did state it was your opinion, and I can see your point of view. WWE would no doubt prefer to say that Undertaker won all 20 matches cleanly and if they had known then that Taker would go on to become 20-0 then they would have given him a better victory.

But it WAS an Undertaker win, so the 20-0 is still correct.

That post is incredibly sad.

But, you did state it was your opinion, and I can see your point of view. WWE would no doubt prefer to say that Undertaker won all 20 matches cleanly and if they had known then that Taker would go on to become 20-0 then they would have given him a better victory.

But it WAS an Undertaker win, so the 20-0 is still correct.

They also say Triple H challenged Undertaker for the first time in 2011 soooo.....

Find me 10 casual wrestling fans who agree with you and then I might rethink your opinion because I don't agree with it at all, mainly for these reasons:

1) Outside of sites like this who knows who Giant Gonzalez is?
2) A win is a win
3) Giant Gonzalez didn't get pinned because he had to use chloroform to knock Taker out and that didn't work long either.
4) Undertaker was standing tall at the end of Wrestlemania 9. Triple H lost clean but at least he made Taker leave on a stretcher.
5) Your main WWE fanbase wasn't alive during Wrestlemania 9. Hell a lot of the posters on this site weren't alive at Wrestlemania 9.

So, by your logic, you would throw out an entire case of beer and call it tainted just because one can has a hole in it?

:shrug:

I enjoyed a Reuben sandwich for lunch today. It was the yums.

Undertaker never lost at Mania. He's undefeated. That's FACT.

Opinions don't matter in FACTS you ******.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back