• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Spider-Man Trilogy

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
The more I think about it, the more I think Sam Raimi was a great choice of director and Toby Maguire was an abysmal choice for Peter Parker and Spider-Man. I pretty much agree with Kevin Smith's summary of Spider-Man 3:

"Sam, what the hell are you doing!?"
"Shh. I'm trying to get fired."

In other news, I would have cast Justin Timberlake as Hal Jordan in Green Lantern but there you go.

If they had made someone who's not a giant pussy like Topher Grace as Venom, the movie would have presevered.

I loved those scenes. In fact I loved everything up to and including the church scene. Then it fell apart for me.

Someone should list just how many ifferant stories were being told in that film.

I still find the Sandman being portrayed as a sympathetic character and as the real murderer of Uncle Ben as odd.

The "Cool Peter Parker" scene was perfect, he's a nerd trying to be cool and failing miserably

3 was pretty crap though

I was sitting there for a minute, thinking "ifferant" was some advanced adjective that I'd never heard.

I apoligize my laptop is broken(Hence why i was gone for so long and was not here when the awards were being set up) so i have to use my parents computer with the keyboard you have to punch to get a letter.

1277824324976.jpg

I agree that they could have done a much better job casting Peter/Spidey, they prolly should have went with a relative unkown, same for MJ, Kirsten Dunst was god awful as Mary Jane, the rest of the returning cast through the trilogy I was fine with, they all did their parts well, Spidey 3 was just an abortion that suffered from having waaaaaaaaaaay to much going on, you had Osbourne trying to get revenge for his dads death still (seriously did they need to drag that shit through 3 fucking movies?!?), the whole Sandman bullshit, which I still thought was a horriable choice for a main villain, then you had the symbiote, and waaaaaay at the end of the movie you had Venom, which was just dumb and a massive waste

A better way to deal with this, Osbourne as Green Goblin is your main villain through the movie, have the Black Spidey put him into a coma or something about 3/4 of the way through after a epic fight sequence, Peter realizes the Symbiote is taking over and bring out a darker side, the movie ends with him fighting to rid himself of the symbiote in the church tower, Peter thinks it's finally over, and returns to the hospital where he see's Harry has woken from his coma, everyone thinks everything is fine, then cut to a scene of the symbiote dripping down onto Brock, turning him into the Venom, the last thing you see is Venoms face and that long fucking tongue, and he says some creepy line, CREDITS. this sets up Spidey 4

I really hated the lack of wit Spidey had. Him mocking J.J. and calling him pickle puss was awesome during the cartoons.

So many things went wrong with the third, but it wasn't completely for a loss. Yes, it was the worst of the trilogy, but again - not the end all, be all, to worst film ever.

Still, I think they went wrong in..

1. Trying to alter the Green Goblin costume. Just leave shit the way it is, don't get all movie creative. I thought Franco (and JK Simmons, while on this subject) played their roles amazingly. So why fuck up the way the Goblin looks, when Franco could've continued to pull off the greatness of the original look as well.

2. Having the Sandman character as a main character. (Truth be told, I had to look the character up just to know it was a real character. I wasn't even sure if that was a real character or movie made-up, like Morph was for the X-Men cartoon) They should've had this part of the story pretty much end up as a finale half way through the film. (the sewer scene should've had a longer part, that ended it all)

3. Everyone says Venom didn't have a big enough role. While I agree, what more could he have done, ultimately? Why give the substance a 2-hour plot line? It was more surrounding the Brock character than it ever was the Venom one to begin with.

Still, in the history of Spider-man; no one gives a shit about Brock as a regular dick, as opposed to Venom as a whole. So, yeah they should've expanded on this. (albeit, not into a whole other movie as Justin thinks; I just don't know if my attention would be captured for 2 hours worth of the Venom creature just randomly killing and beating Spidey until an ultimate doom.)

albeit, not into a whole other movie as Justin thinks; I just don't know if my attention would be captured for 2 hours worth of the Venom creature just randomly killing and beating Spidey until an ultimate doom.

When Brock becomes Venom, it gives him all the memories of Parker, so Venom knows who Spider-Man really is, knows who means the most to him and how and what will hurt him most, Venom spends a lot of time stalking, and attacking the people that mean the most to Parker, he goes after May, MJ, Harry, and everybody else that has ever met anything to Peter, and Peter never knows who in his life Venom will go after next, they could easily make a 2 hr. movie that would keep your attention featuring Venom as his main foe

Also pretty sure I heard something about a Venom spin-off being talked about after Spidey 3, so clearly I'm not alone in thinking Venom could easily hold ones attention for an entire movie

When Brock becomes Venom, it gives him all the memories of Parker, so Venom knows who Spider-Man really is, knows who means the most to him and how and what will hurt him most, Venom spends a lot of time stalking, and attacking the people that mean the most to Parker, he goes after May, MJ, Harry, and everybody else that has ever met anything to Peter, and Peter never knows who in his life Venom will go after next, they could easily make a 2 hr. movie that would keep your attention featuring Venom as his main foe

Also pretty sure I heard something about a Venom spin-off being talked about after Spidey 3, so clearly I'm not alone in thinking Venom could easily hold ones attention for an entire movie

The Spectacular Spiderman cartoon did a good job using that idea.

An hour thirty would probably be more realistic. Either way, we're getting a reboot with Marc Webb directing and this dude as Peter Parker/Spider-Man:

garfield.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back