• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

THE ROYAL RUMBLE - THE NEXT 5 YEARS

tripleddd

Pre-Show Stalwart
So the royal rumble has come and gone and Sheamus is this years winner . Whether you liked this years Rumble is another question but I was thinking why do certain stars win the Rumble and its been a while since weve seen a 2 times winner and if so who would it be?
superstars win the rumble to get a push, a reward for loyal service or to create a match at wrestlemania we all want to see.So who could fall into those certain catergories - kane, Big show, Y2J ,CMpunk The Miz perhaps ? I think The Miz has got rumble winner all over him.
Two times winner well are there that many active wrestlers who have allready won it John Cena or randy Orton , Sheamus or ADR. My pick would be Cena - he is the star no hes not Hogan or austin or The rock but he is the main event - probably more so than Randy.
On sheamus winning my thoughts are he won it to get a push which in a way seems odd as hes allready been a 2 time champion.
Your thoughts and comments please

Been wanting to sign up for a while, so hi there.

I'm not minded like most IWC fans that i read about the past few years, however my personal opinion is, i like sheamus i find him to be a good wrestler with an entertaining persona in the ring, he can be a bit slow, but what do you expect to find with someone his size, however he does pick up the pace in many situations very well considering that.

For him winning the royal rumble it is his first time doing so, something else to go under his list of accomplishments, his championship run however is at 2, no one said he will win at Wrestlemania (although very likely he will). He is getting a well deserved push in my eyes, he is going out every week in the mid-card area and making it more of the enjoyable parts of smackdown.

As for a two time winner of the royal rumble, do you mean in total, or in a row?
Either way my answer is the rosters are very bulky, a lot of superstars who need a big push or deserve the limelight for a change. I am a huge John Cena fan, alongside many others but to see John cena win again at the royal rumble would not do it for me. In all honesty this years royal rumble was probably my favourite PPV in a long time, there was a dead point in the actual rumble itself with mick foley and santino, i felt that segment was awful, but it's pandering to the children and keeping them entertained. That however is detouring off the subject. So i hope this is a good enough comment for my first post :) Maybe make the comments and thoughts you want clearer? it could be me but i assumed i am answering the sheamus question over the two time rumble winner question.

Im like the guy above me who by the way I welcome, Im not sure what question you want answered so ill go out on a limb and answer both. Sheamus winning was very good as he is now getting a well deserved push. Weve all been wondering here lately between his beat downs of Jinder Mahal and his boughts with Wade Barrett what they are goin to do with him. We now have our answer. Hes goin for his third title. Which is good because he very well deserves it. Next question I assume youre asking is who my pick would be for the next 2 time rumble winner. Id say Undertaker if he wasnt nearing the end of his career. Theres Cena, Orton. ADR. Hell I wouldnt mind seeing miz get it. Id pick Orton over everyone else ive mentioned. Just my personal opinion.:shrug:

Hey this is my first post so be nice please lol. Personaly i think that having a 2 time winner nowa days would be anoying becasue theres so much talent in the mid card waiting to get the big push to main event status and winning the rumble is one way to do so. I do agree with andthatsthebottomline if i had to chose someone it would be the undertaker. I also would like to see bigger guys do better in the rumbles since they do kinda have a massive advantage in that sort of match. I cant even rember when the last time a 7ft over 300 pound guy won ( i know undertakers quite big but i mean like big show, kali even henry) . i do hope they keep shamus in the main event picture and dont ruin it cause hes getting alot of hype week in week out. these are my thoughts :)

If it was up to me the next few Rumble winners would be - Kane, Barrett, Ziggler, Cena

I don't want to name more than the next 4 years worth of winners but here's my reasons behind them.

As stated above by deadman182, they always add the emphasis on the likes of Big Show in the Rumble but to me a big guy who deserves it is Kane. He's had a huge Rumble presence and without a doubt deserves a good Main Event run and a run with the Title.

Barrett is going to be huge in a few years time. I'm not suggesting hold him away from the Main Event picture until he wins a Rumble but give him a brief push for now and the Rumble win to cement him as a Main Event star.

Ziggler is the same reason as Barrett for me. He's getting a push right now but use a Rumble win to cement him as a top star.

Cena for me would depend on how he's booked for the next few years. If you keep him away from the title and the Main Event picture more and the younger guys are given more pushes and more chances to prove and earn that Main Event slot then I'd say give Cena a Rumble win again to push him back to the title picture.

I'm beginning to get the feeling Jericho isn't going to win one. Ever.

Cody, Wade Barrett, Punk, Miz - all of these guys will most likely win one in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back