• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rock: "I've been talking to Vince about my opponent for my return"

That N Word

Actively evolving
There has been speculation lately about rather or not The Rock would return for WrestleMania 31 or not. At this point I think this just confirms it. In the interview he stated,
"I would love to return"
" In fact , me and Vince been discussing my return."
In the interview he listed Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns , John Cena , Bray Wyatt as potential opponents. He basically said he wants either a big money match or to put over a young hungry up-and-comer. Here is the video right here.

[YOUTUBE]WcgL5QH_ics[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcgL5QH_ics

So what that being said Do this confirm Rock's return? if so Who should he face? and How would you book it?

I never really though about Rock vs. Wyatt before but it has potential now that I think about it. Usually when you think of a dream opponent for Rock it is between 3 names Shawn Michaels, Brock Lesnar, and Randy Orton. Now a day's you here Roman Reigns name as well. But now Wyatt names add new potiental. Me personally I'm going to throw a few names out there and fanasty book. So it is time I answer my questions first.

SDo this confirm Rock's return?
It all depends if on the money and the right opponent.
Who should he face? : There is names I would pick is between Wyatt,Orton,Reigns,Lesnar,Rollins,Cena,Batista,Triple H

How would you book it?

Bray Wyatt - The Rock is announced as this (next) year's first ballot hall of famer. The Rock makes a surprising return and thanks every one and announces he still have plenty more matches left in the tank and that he isn't done yet. Rock goes to leave the ring and the Wyatt scare goes off and they attack Rock,throw him at the stares and Bray hits sister abragail on the floor. The night after Elimination Chamber Wyatt is beating up on his opponent nonstop and Rock makes his return making the save. He get's Wyatt in position for peoples elbow. When he goes to hit the ropes the scare goes off and Harper and Rowan appears and he fights them off for a minute. But they get the upper hand. Wyatt cuts a promo the next week saying he attacked The Rock because his time is up and he is in his way. He said all Rock had to do was announce his retirement but no he had to keep on going and now Wyatt will end him for his self and challenges him to WrestleMania.

Roman Reigns- Roman Reigns wins the RR match, Rock wins the belt from Brock at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble. The Rock turns heel on Roman the night after Elimination Chamber.

Randy Orton- The night after Elimination Chamber-Randy Orton calls him self the legend killer and the greatest third generation superstar and greatest WWE superstar of all-time. Randy cuts similar promo the next week and complains about not having a match at WrestleMania yet... If Ya Sm-ell. The Rock challenges Randy to a match at WrestleMania. Randy accepts and Rock hits him with Rock Bottom. The next week The Authority jumps Rock as he arrives and holds him up for Randy to hit RKO. That will then make the feud personal.

Seth Rollins- The Authority is running ramped. Seth is in the ring cutting a cocky heel promo after a big win and The Rock returns and say's put your self to the test and face me at Mania.

Brock Lesnar The Rock wins the RR as a surprise entrant. People will be pissed what this. So another route is Brock loses the title at RR and beats down on the person who beats him and Rock makes the save and challenges him for Mania.

So, something that should be addressed first of all, The Rock can no longer actually "go" in the ring. Sure, if someone like Cena or maybe Brock are carrying him and laying him down nicely, that works. But someone like Wyatt who is pretty sloppy or Rollins who is way too active and good would result in a pretty bad match.

Rock v. Reigns is the only way I see it happening. I mean, it could be something else, but I don't think I'm interested. The Rock and SCSA and HH at WM30 was more than enough nostalgia pop for me. I don't ever need to see those three in an actual match again.

Roman Reigns is my first choice, it is an inevitable match up that should take place simply because they are cousins. But this should happen when Roman offically becomes the face of the company.

The second choice is ROCK VS BROCK. this would be an amazing match that could bring mainstream public attention due to the fact that THe rock is a megastar in hollywood and brock is also famous because of UFC.

Out of the 4 he mentioned I'd go with Roman. Helping carry on the family legacy and such.

Bray would be second as another young guy Rock could help put over. The promos back and forth could be interesting if done right.

Lesnar would be my 3rd choice because it could be a big money match. Yeah they're both part timers but I think people would still have an interest in it. They're both still massively popular. While I'm not a fan of either guy it would make a lot of sense business wise.

Last would be Cena just because we've already seen it at WM twice. Do we really need to see it for a third time? I guess the whole story there would be a rubber match to find out who really is the better of the two. I wouldn't really care to see it again.

id say rock and roman in a top tag match to help give roman the rub and keep rock safer from injury or my personal pick would be a dream match against sting if taker doesnt wrestle with the story line of them both going in the hof the night before

I'd love to see the Rock come back yet again and face The Icon, Sting. I would love to see the Rock standing in the ring, only to be interrupted by a debuting Sting. The crowd goes crazy, and the Rock looks him dead in the eye and says, who in the blue hell are you? And the collective IWC implodes :)

However, if the Rock is going to wrestle again (which I'm not convinced of), it likely won't be until the next Wrestlemania, and I hope to see Sting in a WWE ring well before that, hopefully against some pipe bomb producer. So for me, the obvious choice of opponent for the Rock would be Roman Reigns.

If they are serious about attempting to elevate Reigns to the next level, how better to do so than to take his relative (I think) to the limit on the grandest stage of them all, or to even defeat him? I think this could go a long way into bringing Roman Reigns to the next level in his career, and I think it could be a very entertaining program.

There's no way he's going to risk his cushy Hollywood gig by facing Brock Lesnar. The risk of injury would be too great. Didn't the Rock come out of his last Wrestlemania appearance a little banged up? Granted he's in much better shape, and is younger, than the Undertaker, but there's the precedent for how a part timer fares going up against the beast incarnate.

Despite his cult following, Bray Wyatt is nowhere big enough of a name to face Rock. He's already faced Cena, twice, so that ship has sailed. Batista versus the Rock does nothing for me at all. I guess Randy Orton would be an option, however for me, my clear preference would be to see the Rock, beaten cleanly in the middle of the ring, by Roman Reigns.

how great would semi heel hollywood rock be in a feud with sting it sells itself and as much as fans love the rock some would love just as much to booo him for whatever reason so it would be awesome i think personally id be cheering both but getting that cocky rock back would be the iceing for me

I'm not entirely excited by the prospect of a Rocky return. I'd book him against Cena. Thrice in a lifetime, the tie-breaker match. Reasons:
1. I don't care about either of them, so I can just watch another channel during the lame lead-up and the actual match.
2. Putting Cena against him means Cena won't get the chance to bury anyone again at the grandest stage.
3. I don't want to see my two most respected icons- Sting and Undertaker job to Rock or Cena, shake their hand and bow out, while they pose in the turnbuckle to end the show.
4. Rock vs Cena would draw nonetheless. So Vince would be happy too. No chance of losing revenue. He'd book this as the final event, while we get our own real main event in the form of Taker vs Sting.

If it's gonna happen I want it to be Wyatt... the set up is pretty much as described above... but the reason I'd want to see this is the Mania spectacle it would create.

Rock's return is always epic, but Bray has the best chance, with all the cellphones and spots of recreating that Hogan/Rock buzz from a crowd that was missing against Cena.

It's worth it for one spot alone... imagine how Rocky would react and this would pop the crowd...

Rocky is finally on top after a ref bump, takes the pad off his arm throws it for the People's Elbow, begins his run... and Bray is in the Spiderwalk position... Rock's selling of that with his face would be priceless and that spot alone could get Bray over into the stratosphere... Rock frozen dead, shocked, stunned... just long enough for Harper and Rowan to batter him... Bray picks up the win, crowd equally stunned... or remove the ref bump and have the lights go down as Rock is frozen and when they come back up. He's down... Harper and Rowan are "outside" and Bray is covering.

Sure, if someone like Cena or maybe Brock are carrying him and laying him down nicely, that works.

Really? Then why didn't it "work" both times they wrestled? Both matches were boring and supposedly Cena injured Rock both times. You could argue that it wasn't Cena's fault, but Rock also wrestled Punk twice, and Miz and R-Truth in a tag match, and neither of those times did he get injured. It was only against Cena that he tore some muscles.

The fact is, Rock can't go, and guys like Cena nor Brock will be able to carry him. Roman, Miz and Wyatt won't be able to do it either. The only guys I can see carrying Rock to a respectable match are the indy crew of Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Cesaro.

Triple H, Christian, Chris Jericho and CM Punk could probably get some good matches out of him, but aside from one with Triple H, I don't see much long-term value in the other rematches.

I think the best bet is to put Rock against someone like Bad News Barrett, Jack Swagger, Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio or Sheamus. All those guys are of a good size to mesh with Rock in the ring, and they always make their opponents look good. Dolph Ziggler would also give him a great match.

The problem is that neither of those aforementioned guys are pushed hard enough for a match with Rock to make any sense. So in reality I think the best bet would be to do The Rock vs. Triple H, with Rock taking on The Authority. In 2nd place, I'd have The Rock vs. Daniel Bryan, and then maybe The Rock vs. Randy Orton. Anything else would be way too one-sided in The Rock's favor (vs. Seth, Cesaro, Del Rio, etc.) or will end up being an awful match (vs. Brock, Roman, Miz).

I know I am in the minority here, but I want to see a rematch with John Cena if The Rock does come back. They are currently tied and we need a tie-breaker. The Rock should never have won the first match, and there were fans who did not want to see it the second time around which tarnished the big win for Cena some. We need to know who (kayfabe) is the better of the two, and with The Rock having gone on to become one of the top 3 of all time, Cena needs to win said tie-breaker if/when it does happen. He NEEDS that win. That would be a huge match for a future Wrestlemania event. The haters would surely whine a lot about it, but the majority of fans would purchase a Wrestlemania with Cena VS Rock 3 as one of its big matches.

I'm not interested in seeing another Rock VS Brock match. No interest in that whatsoever. I'd much rather see both of them facing others. If they are going to go the route of having him face older stars from his era, then have him face Jericho or Trips instead. Bray might not be ready yet, I'm not sure he could become big enough of a star for him to be one of the potentials to face The Rock. There are so many others who could face him who I think would be better routes. Orton, Daniel Bryan, Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns could all be good options. Heck, I'll throw Sheamus in there too as an idea but only because I personally want to see it. If Bray can become a bigger deal than all of the above then maybe. Roman Reigns is a good idea, probably the best other than the Cena rematch out of those listed in the opening post.

I know I am in the minority here, but I want to see a rematch with John Cena if The Rock does come back.
Minority is an understatement.

They are currently tied and we need a tie-breaker.
Who's "we"? I'm certain that most people don't care about breaking ties. CM Punk and Chris Jericho were both 10-10 in 1-on-1 matches right before heading into WrestleMania. No one mentioned it because no one cared. Punk won and broke the tie, and not a single fuck was given. Tiebreakers aren't a big deal anymore.

The Rock should never have won the first match, and there were fans who did not want to see it the second time around which tarnished the big win for Cena some.
Your logic is that Cena's win was tarnished because "there were fans who did not want to see it the second time around". So your solution is to do the match a 3rd time with an even larger pool of people who don't want to see it?? That doesn't make any sense. At least a solid third of the audience would groan at this match's announcement.

We need to know who (kayfabe) is the better of the two and with The Rock having gone on to become one of the top 3 of all time, Cena needs to win said tie-breaker if/when it does happen.
He was already top 3 when he faced Cena both times.

He NEEDS that win.
John Cena is the most successful superstar of all time. He doesn't NEED anything. He could have lost to Rock back-to-back, and when Rock went away, he would be back on top as if nothing happened. Bryan beat Cena at SummerSlam, does that mean Cena will never be the same unless Bryan gives him back the win? No. Cena will always be the top guy and will go down as the biggest champ of all time.[/QUOTE]

That would be a huge match for a future Wrestlemania event.
It already was a huge match for a WM main event. Twice. Third time is overkill.

The haters would surely whine a lot about it, but the majority of fans would purchase a Wrestlemania with Cena VS Rock 3 as one of its big matches.
Not a single person will purchase the network to watch this match that wasn't already going to watch the show in the first place.

I'm not interested in seeing another Rock VS Brock match. No interest in that whatsoever. I'd much rather see both of them facing others.
I agree. Brock and Rock will have a terrible match if booked against each other.

If they are going to go the route of having him face older stars from his era, then have him face Jericho or Trips instead. Bray might not be ready yet, I'm not sure he could become big enough of a star for him to be one of the potentials to face The Rock.
I'd like to see Rock team up with the Usos against The Wyatt Family, but I seem to be the only one. I think Rock is best used as an attraction inside a tag match where he can do his signature spots and not risk injury. And all 5 of them will get a huge rub just by working with someone of his caliber.

There are so many others who could face him who I think would be better routes. Orton, Daniel Bryan, Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns could all be good options. Heck, I'll throw Sheamus in there too as an idea but only because I personally want to see it. If Bray can become a bigger deal than all of the above then maybe. Roman Reigns is a good idea, probably the best other than the Cena rematch out of those listed in the opening post.
We can agree on this. I'd love to see all of those matches, especially Rock/Sheamus. The problem is that there's no money in any of those matches unless WWE pushes those guys really hard. Current Sheamus can't really be put in a match with Rock at Mania. But if they have Sheamus break Rusev's streak, turn into a monster heel, win the world title, beat Cena, Bryan and Roman back-to-back, I can see him being put in a match with Rock.

Really? Then why didn't it "work" both times they wrestled? Both matches were boring and supposedly Cena injured Rock both times. You could argue that it wasn't Cena's fault, but Rock also wrestled Punk twice, and Miz and R-Truth in a tag match, and neither of those times did he get injured. It was only against Cena that he tore some muscles.

The fact is, Rock can't go, and guys like Cena nor Brock will be able to carry him. Roman, Miz and Wyatt won't be able to do it either. The only guys I can see carrying Rock to a respectable match are the indy crew of Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Cesaro.

I've been curious about Rock's physical state for a couple of years now. Dude is obviously in great shape and can still hold his own in the ring (hence the "You still got it" chants early in his in-ring return) but how is it that he injures too easily these days? Side effect of too much 'roids, perhaps?

Pairing up the Rock with Daniel Bryan would be a clusterfuck unseen in the history of the wwe. Cena was BARELY able to keep The Rock together in a match...someone that is massively sub par to cena isn't going to do well.

Wrestlemania 31

Roman Reigns, The Rock, The Usos and Tamina Snuka vs Triple H, Randy Orton, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Stephanie McMahon.

I think this could really put Reigns and The Usos on the map merely by being associated with The Rock. The match will not be a classic, but the storyline would be brilliant and Reigns and Rock standing tall after their match would do wonders for Reigns. Then have him chase the title for a year and have Reigns vs Rock at Summerslam later in the year.

Yeah, the Usos need put in the map since they defended the Tag Titles again last night. Roman Reigns needs put on the map, he's only been in every single Main Event on a PPV since Wrestlemania.

That's right. The shitfest with Kane and DB was. However, Roman Reigns WAS in the match that was considered to be the match of the night, and one of the top three matches of the year, if not the actual match of the year.

How about a tag match? Have him tag with Reigns vs an Authority team (HHH/Orton maybe?). Where if Rock/Reigns win, then Reigns gets a title shot. Book the feud as family vs authority. HHH taken out his jealousy of the Rock on Reigns.

Yeah, the Usos need put in the map since they defended the Tag Titles again last night. Roman Reigns needs put on the map, he's only been in every single Main Event on a PPV since Wrestlemania.

I think you need to understand what the term 'really on the map means' kid.

The Usos and Reigns are known to absolutely nobody outside of Wrestling. Their mere association with Dwayne Johnson would only increase their 'celebrity' and popularity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back