• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Real Must See WWE Champion

lenguy

First Immortality..Then the Bitches
So For the past few weeks now every time Miz comes out he proclaims hes the most must see wwe champion in history. So it got me thinking. Who was really the most must see wwe champion of history?

Who was the guy that held the wwe title that you just had to tune in week after week to witness? For me in my personal opinion I think it was Stone Cold Steve Austin. Everything this guy did was worth tuning in for. He brought in the highest ratings for a reason. Everybody tuned in to see what that rattlesnake was going to do next and it was usually always gold.

What about you guys? Who was the most "must see wwe champion" in history?

So For the past few weeks now every time Miz comes out he proclaims hes the most must see wwe champion in history. So it got me thinking. Who was really the most must see wwe champion of history?

Who was the guy that held the wwe title that you just had to tune in week after week to witness? For me in my personal opinion I think it was Stone Cold Steve Austin. Everything this guy did was worth tuning in for. He brought in the highest ratings for a reason. Everybody tuned in to see what that rattlesnake was going to do next and it was usually always gold.

What about you guys? Who was the most "must see wwe champion" in history?

I agree with u.Austin was a must see champion because he was exiting! He was a man who could be drinking beer all day, then kick ass!! What I loved was.. HIS PROMOS!!With all the people saying what in the middle of his promos to him bringing a beer truck and drowning Rock, Shane and Vince! Even when they made him look bad he looked good like when Angle kidnapped him and throwing him in the sea but turned out to be a kiddie pool :lol::lol::lmao:

To me it is The Miz.
The Miz is one of those guys that can catch you're attention so quick and he caught my attention since 2007.
I have been watching wwe since 2004 and I saw Miz Debut and I thought to my self even when I was a little kid "He's Horrible" what I would have said if I was older was that he is going to get fired. 2 years later I see a good change in him. I remember watching Smackdown I think it was before he rocketed his Career into ECW he was facing Chris Benoit and he won. That match to me showed that one day now he is going to be great. Then 2007 that Feud with him Morrison and Punk for the ecw title. He had decent matches. 2008 he teams up Morrison he gets a hell lot better and becomes a tag champ. 2009 he's still teaming up with morrison then breaks up with him(no homo) and begins his single career. 2010 he debuts a new theme which right away told me he's winning a world title this year. Now I know anyone who is reading this is thinking wtf is this guy saying ? We dont care about the miz from 2007. Well my point is that The Miz is a true champion ! He deserves to be where he is right now. I am proud to see Miz as a wwe champion to see where he is now and that is why I think he is the must see wwe champion.
But people can argue on points with Steve Austin, The rock Ect but those are old timers from attidude era this is the PG era and The Miz makes it look great.
So jaja xD.

I don't know. The same guys I tuned in for AS champion, I tuned in for even when they weren't champion. So this is a pretty hard question actually.

Austin is definitely up there. For me though, I guess I would pick The Rock. I watched Survivor Series 98, and I just couldn't wait till RAW the next night!

Even after that.....

After The Rock lost the title to Austin at Wrestlemania 15, it was over a year before The Rock would regain The World Title. Every PPV, RAW and SD that he had a title shot, I was biting my nails in front of the TV.

So, even though Austin deserves an Honorable Mention for/from me. He was at his best with or without the title, feuding with Vince. The champ I looked the most forward to was The Rock.

as for WWE Champions go, SCSA was the reason I watched wrestling as a kid to begin with....the vulgarity this man spit on the mic every week was just incredible lol...i remember hiding from my mom in the other room watching him muting the television every now and then,,if thats not must I dont know what is...another WWE champ was the Undertaker as Big Evil....he was hated and dammit I tuned in to see his ass lose...another must see champ was John Cena in his first reign....you just knew the kid was gonna be something special and he did something special and made the most out of that first reign that seemed like forever...he took on everybody damn near...another would be Edge with the live sex celebrations...i would also say JBL who was the best heel champion of the last 8 years....i would say the current must see champion is The Miz...he just has that IT factor...as far as the world heavyweight championship...the real must see champion was Triple H....you look at heel champions and there is no one better than the Game.....

Just my opinion, but in the current era, I think Sheamus is the best thing WWE has picked up on in years. However, I understand that in real life The Miz is a man from whom we all could learn a thing or two about a kick-ass work ethic, I am very impressed and look where he is.

I believe Sheamus is a terrible wrestler who has no charisma whatsoever. But that's just my personal opinion.

I have to say that the greatest champion to see in the history of the WWE comes down to The Rock and Hulk Hogan. I had the privilege to see both men wrestle at Wrestlemania 18 and it was one of the most entertaining experiences in my life.

Gotta go with you on Rock and Hulk. I NEVER saw that reaction from the fans coming at WMX8. Rocky was at the top of his game, but Hogan surprised the hell out of me getting damn near everybody in the western hemisphere behind him against the top WWE face. I honestly figured he needed to give up the ghost, and at that time he proved me wrong.

I think its Hulg Hogan by a mile. I've been to many live events in Montreal and have watched wrestling since wrestlemania 1 and never seen anybody get an ovation like him. He wrestled well he was in the biggest storylines and it was insane seeing him live. To Put in in Perspective They say in Montreal the biggest ovation was Maurice Richard at like 10 minutes. He's a legend of a Hockey player. They gave Hulk a half and hour ovationwhen I was there. Biggest and Best Star of all time by far

There will never be another wrestler like Hogan. He may have not had the greatest skills in the ring, but his overall character/persona is what made the WWE what it is today. Arguably, he had more drive than any other superstar. You can argue against me and say that he was nothing but a hypocrite with the whole steroid scandal, but regardless of the mistakes and/or lies he made in the past, he is the reason why we tune in every Monday/Friday night to be entertained.

For me there have been two guys,1.THE ROCK and 2.JOHN CENA.
The Rock for the obvious reason that he was the most charismatic champion at that time.His matches were entertaining and his promos were even better.His style,personality and cockiness were a real must see,I guess they are molding Miz into a similar role.The Rock made you want to see him more and more.
John Cena because during his first title reign,he kicked ass.Taking on all comers and beating them.It was a great way to cement him as one of the best champions of all time.His first title reign was so long that I wanted to see him lose the title somehow.My other reason would the Cena hate brigade,they made me not only watch Cena more when he was the champion,but also respect him.
Now I am gonna get bashed for this.

To me it is The Miz.
The Miz is one of those guys that can catch you're attention so quick and he caught my attention since 2007.
I have been watching wwe since 2004 and I saw Miz Debut and I thought to my self even when I was a little kid "He's Horrible" what I would have said if I was older was that he is going to get fired. 2 years later I see a good change in him. I remember watching Smackdown I think it was before he rocketed his Career into ECW he was facing Chris Benoit and he won. That match to me showed that one day now he is going to be great. Then 2007 that Feud with him Morrison and Punk for the ecw title. He had decent matches. 2008 he teams up Morrison he gets a hell lot better and becomes a tag champ. 2009 he's still teaming up with morrison then breaks up with him(no homo) and begins his single career. 2010 he debuts a new theme which right away told me he's winning a world title this year. Now I know anyone who is reading this is thinking wtf is this guy saying ? We dont care about the miz from 2007. Well my point is that The Miz is a true champion ! He deserves to be where he is right now. I am proud to see Miz as a wwe champion to see where he is now and that is why I think he is the must see wwe champion.
But people can argue on points with Steve Austin, The rock Ect but those are old timers from attidude era this is the PG era and The Miz makes it look great.
So jaja xD.

:wtf: are you fucking kidding?

the miz is already one of, if not THEE worst WWE champion. clear cut. he overacts, his promos are uninspired and repetitive, his matches are borderline garbage, and worst of all, you have to listen to cole just force feed his greatest week in and week out. the only thing the miz has going for him is his undeniable passion for the business, but you just cannot label him the greatest and be taken seriously.

i know this is a personal opinion thread, yet, there are only 5-10 realistic answers here. hogan, rock, stone cold, flair, sting, macho man, angle, cena, and maybe some random really old school guys.

my choice is the rock. the intense build ups to his matches (especially while heel) were just off the charts. and you knew the guy could really wrestle. put the 2 together and you had just pure enjoyment every time he stepped into the ring.

For me, it is a intense battle between The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin, the one made the other great and vice versa. They played amazingly well against each other and when you throw in the greatest wrestling heal of all time..MR. McMAHON in the mix, that was MUST SEE Wrestling TV and must see champions!

Beer baths, Corporate cliques, Brama Bull and Smokin' Skull championship belts = BILLION DOLLAR DYNASTY!

I will have to say the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels imo because look what he was involved with in the past.

1. won the Royal Rumble multi-time
2. always put up great matches to watch especially the greatest match of all time by far HBK vs Taker at WM 25
3. was part of two big faction in DX and NWO
4. was part of one of the biggest storyline in the Montreal Screwjob with Vince and Bret Hart.

I'll go with Steve Austin and I feel there can be no debate about this as far as the "must see" part is concerned. Austin was booked as an unpredictable psycho badass and people tuned in every week just to see what he would do next. I believe that Austin carried the early part of the Attitude Era, from 1998 till early 1999, all by himself. When Mcmahon told him to change his ways we were all interested to see how he would respond. The same when Austin got fired. And it would also be fair to say that Austin exceeded all expectations as far as unpredictability was concerned. We saw things that were beyond our imagination and it changed the way in which wrestling was viewed and also brought in droves of new fans.

i gotta go with the rock.

at least for me, i always wanted to see what he would do as champ. i believe no one else in history had the poster boy appeal as the rock. he screamed champion. he had great fueds with anyone, with or without the belt, and both people normally came out looking great. (if you bring up mr. ass ill slap you, lol).

i know many people would say austin, and i could see why, but he was better chasing the title. im not his biggest fan, but seeing how he would outwit mr mcmahon was always great, but i never really bought him as champ. he never seemed like championship material to me. not saying he wasnt at the top. but his best work was chasing the title imo.

The Miz is the must see WWE Champ. In '07 I thought he was just cocky young guy that was gonna stay in the Mid Card, go to OVW or FCW, or get released. His feud with
The Boogeyman was stupid and I wasn't really a fan of him. When he teamed with John Morrison, I felt that he was trying to be pushed in a way because Morrison was WAY better at the time. When him and Morrison split, I finally saw something good in him. When he won the title, I was ecstatic.

The MIZ is only considered the must see champion because Cole says he is. I do not tune in to see the Miz. Like someone else said there really is only a few that stand out, but I will go with 4 champions.
#1-Hogan: never liked the guy since i got old enough to understand wrestling, but he was the first must see champion, except you only got to see him once in a while because during his time there wasnt 2-3 shows on tv every week. But in and out of the ring he was reconized.

#2-Flair: Anybody who has ever been an avid follower of wrestling hated Flair. The man could make you hate him even if he told you he found the cure to cancer, only to destroy the cure in front of everyone. You wanted to see him loose.

#3: Tie between Austin and Rock: They just got the crowd back into the story when everyone was fading away.
#4- HBK: He was the first boyhood dream champ, Screwed Brett had DX and pushed the limit everynight.

Honorable mentions: Taker,Sting, Macho Man, and........................................................
Mic Foley: i mean when WCW said he was going to win the title the WWF gained enough viewers to finally beat WCW in the rqatings war after like 80 weeks or whatever so to me that makes him a must see champ.

And hogan even made it more must see when he turned Heel and you wanted to see who would finally defeat him.( God Flair and company should have been the greatest wrestler everywhere but hollywood took over)

Are people actually saying the Miz???Really??? What has Miz done that makes his championship reign must see tv? What? He comes out week in week out and cuts a promo saying hes the most watched champion in history..that's it. He has done nothing in his less than a month reign to make it must see TV. He has done the samething ever champion has been doing for the past few years now. Comes out every week and cuts promos..that's all. That's hardly must see TV in my opinion...Come on guys you can do better than the Miz..

I think the must see champion is chris jericho because everyone is saying stone cold and the rock well as some of you should remember he beat both them for the world and wwe title and even better he beat them in the same night to become the first undisputed wwe champion also jericho can cut promos and trash talk better than any other wrestler and he can do everything from winning titles in wwe to hosting a game show to rockin with fozzy worldwide. and thats the bottom line case edgethefuture said so

Must see Champ? Damn, there are allot that come to mind. Most people say Rock or Austin. I agree, they were must see weather champ or not. I was shocked to see The Miz too. I enjoy watching Miz, but must see is yet to be determined yet.

As for mine, I would go with Edge. I am a huge Head-head, and have enjoyed him week in and week out. He has ALL the tools, weather you like him or not. His promo's were off the hook, and his defence againt Taker at Mania a few years ago, well that has always been my favorite match for both of them. Edge is ALWAYS entertaining. So he is my favorite, as for "Must See".

Must see? I would say for a while Triple H. The title just added more to him being the king of kings and he always entertained me with his persona and jokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back