The Point Of Holly On Raw?

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
I'm missing it. I'm also missing the point as to why he went over Cody Rhodes.

Why did he get drafted back to Smackdown if there only going to move him to Raw? He comes in, goes over Cody Rhodes and then what? Dominates Heat? Couldn't he have beat Daivari? Duggan? A Highlander?

There isn't many things more pointless in wrestling than Hardcore Holly. Bad wrestler. Only over because of a comedy gimmick cousin. Has had one memorable match in the past 5 years. Only had about 3 memorable matches in his whole career. Looks like a male Mickie James when he smiles.

I guess having Holly on RAW is WWE's measure of giving Holly a last little push, but i really doubt it. I was shocked to see him take on Rhodes but beating is a way to give Rhodes a program that i think in WWE eyes to get Rhodes over more. I can see this being the whole "respect" angle and after a series of matches Cody will finally earn Hollys respect.

Other than a program like that i see no point of Holly on WWE tv anywhere, but hey who knows Holly for IC

Hardcore Holly is on Raw, in my opinion, to get Cody Rhodes over more. Clearly after last night's edition, they'll probably be involved in an angle together where Cody in time, earns Hardcore's respect.

I'd RATHER see Holly win the U.S. Championship, or even run at the E.C.W. World Heavyweight Championship, which could fully be possible.. but right now, I'm actually happy to see him. Also, maybe he was moved to Raw because King Booker is gone & this is their way of replacing him? SD doesn't need more mid-carders, Raw has enough (possible) Main Eventers, but needs a known mid-carder. Holly v. Umaga could be a nice match. Holly v. Jeff Hardy could be okay.

I don't see Holly getting anywhere near any championships, Like someone said This is probably going to be another one of those "Respect" angles that, Dragged on for a couple of months and quite a few matches. Holly on RAW is good for depth in the Mid-Card, It's very weak right now, Not really any need for him to go heel, So maybe it's some sort of tweener angle, So after Cody finally takes him down after a series of matches they team up etc..

Overall, Not a bad move IMO. He will be nothing more than a Mid-Carder that will get lost yet again down the line.

well we could see holly on raw as a positive thing....midcard needs to look a bit better.holly will freshen it up a bit..him coming in and playing the respect angle with cody rhodes is perfect...holly is one of the most toughest wrestlers in the ring..putting him up against rhodes helps rhode improve..overall its an improvement so he can get others over...we can always look at the negative aspect on every situation i like to look at the positive...holly is there to help talent....

Im happy for Holly, he got over his injury and thats the main part. But yeah, why move him to RAW, where is going to get lost after his "feud" with Cody? Really, Heat doesnt need Holly, unless they set Holly vs Shelton afetr the rest of the suspended guys returns.
Holly should be in SD feuding Matt Hardy, finlay, Kane and all the rest of the mid carders. But hey, at least he is making more money on RAW, I guess.

They put him on Raw because they can utilize him there. As mentioned he with get a fresh run and have people to work with like Hardy, Umaga, Cena, HHH. Also with all the releases and suspensions lately they need some of the veterans like Holly step up to the plate.

They put him on Raw because they can utilize him there. As mentioned he with get a fresh run and have people to work with like Hardy, Umaga, Cena, HHH. Also with all the releases and suspensions lately they need some of the veterans like Holly step up to the plate.

Lol you're funny. Holly will be on Heat. There's no way he'll interact with HHH, Cena etc unless he's getting squashed. There's plenty of vets on Raw. If anything he's needed on ECW just to pad out the roster a bit.

Bob Holly. On RAW. Wow. I understand that there have been alot of injuries and a handful of recent suspensions, but realistically Holly has nothing to offer. He is an average wrestler at best and has absolutely zero charisma. And my cat is more hardcore than he is. It's a waste of a roster spot. Hopefully he was only brought to RAW to put Rhodes over.

I actually like the move. As some one said, it freshen's up the mid-card because for the past couple of years, it's mostly been Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, Jeff Hardy, Johnny Nitro, and Umaga, and that's not saying a lot. Having Hardcore Holly winning the IC title would be great because he's such a contrast from Jeff Hardy's ability, and then it will push Holly's abilites as well if they end up having a fued for the IC belt.

Some of you guys need to give Holly a break. Yeh he may be old, and out of his prime, but hes still an awesome wrestler. Him being on RAW is great because as others has said, its fresh and new. He has many potential fueds with people, and his attitude is second to none Give him a chance, let him get rid of the ring rust and it'll be worth it. Trust me. Go Holly!

Hey, maybe the Holly/Rhodes feud will go on for a few weeks and then they will have a final match and Rhodes wins and Holly gains respect for him and begins to manage him. like the ric flair/carlito angle??
just a thought

I don't really think Raw was the best fit for him. He would've been better off on Smackdown. Besides, Smackdown needs a little bit more talent. The draft stole some of Smackdown's talent and they still haven't really recovered from it yet. Holly would've made a bigger impact on Smackdown because the spotlight isn't as crowded as Raw is.

I love this, i think Holly being on Raw is the best news ive heard all week, Id rather him on ECW but hey what you gonna do? , hell even out the mid card ranks maybe get a push at the world title picture if he shows improvement, his feud with Van Damn showed that Holly was an amazing athlete and took on alot of punishment.

I was very surprised to see him on Raw also but to me i think it's a positive move on behalf of the company. Despite what people say Holly does have some wrestling ability and could be utilised on raw without a doubt at the moment. The raw roster is scary thin @ the moment and a veteran like Holly could be good, like others have said it would be good to see him in the intercontinental picture to add some more variation.

I was very surprised to see him on Raw also but to me i think it's a positive move on behalf of the company. Despite what people say Holly does have some wrestling ability and could be utilised on raw without a doubt at the moment. The raw roster is scary thin @ the moment and a veteran like Holly could be good, like others have said it would be good to see him in the intercontinental picture to add some more variation.

its well deserved for the raw locker room and gives holly at least one more solid push that he deserves,, he is a vetran of sorts and can help elevate any talent within the company, good move wwe

Did anybody else notice the dead silence that haunted the arena when Hardcore Holly came out? Not a good sign for a returning wrestler. Something tells me this isn't going to boost Raw's ratings. Holly was best on ECW in my opinion, he shouldn't be on the "A" show.

Why no love for Holly? Sure, he's a career mid-carder, but the guy can wrestle. He works hard, everything he does looks good (and real, because half of it is). And I personally like the character, although it is somewhat limited ("I'm tough...arrrrgh"). And to whoever said Holly isn't hardcore, have you ever seen him in a hardcore/no rules match? He isn't flashy with it, but he gives people a solid beatdown, which is exactly what the word "hardcore" means. He won't be a World Title contender, but he would do well with a small I.C. title push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back