The person who takes down "They" could be the next megastar of wrestling

First off no, the superstar who takes down They is NOT going to be the next megastar because the truth is no one gives a shit about they, its something that TNA tried in hopes of bringing in new viewers, but it probably drove more away than it did bringing them in (I for one don't know anyone who is watching TNA because of they, but I do know people that vowed to stop watching TNA when they were revealed). TNA doesn't give you a reason to care about anything on their program, so even when someone brings down they its not going to matter, if no one cares about they, then how will TNA create a megastar by bringing them down?

2. Personally I think the person who will take they down will either be Mr. Anderson and Kurt Angle. I'm leaning more towards Angle because "They" basically kicked Angle out of TNA because Hardy cheating made him lose the title match and forced him into retirement. It would make the most sense for it to be Angle and since that company is absolutely in love with Angle I see him being the most logical choice. If Angle doesn't come back it will be Mr. Anderson because he's probably their #1 face at the moment (outside of maybe RVD).

3. I agree TNA has to create a megastar because they don't just fall into your lap. No matter how good a talent is they will never become a huge star unless the company takes the time and money to make them a huge star. Megastars are the most proficient way to bring in the casual fan and the casual fan doesn't watch if they don't have a megastar to get behind (like Austin, Rock, Hogan). So although I agree TNA needs a megastar, they aren't going to create that megastar by having them take down they.

Because Hogan and Bischoff are at the centre of it and we all must admit that the best time for WCW was when NWO was dominant.

First of all, let's get one thing straight: "They" are not the NWO. They're not even close.

The NWO was one of the biggest stars in wrestling back when he was only a couple years past his prime turning his back on his fans coupled with two of WWF's biggest superstars still at a high point in their careers.

Jeff Hardy is a popular wrestler, for sure, and entertaining at times in the ring, but isn't at the level of stardom that Hogan, Nash or Hall enjoyed when they formed NWO. Half the time, I'm questioning whether he even deserves to still be a main eventer.

Jeff Jarrett is a washed up has-been. I loved the guy back in the day, and Double J was one of my favorite characters of that era, but the dude's an old timer even by TNA's standards (nine years or so since the company formed???).

Hogan is no longer the mega star that he used to be. At least when the NWO started up, he was only a few years out of WWF and still being built as a centerpiece in WCW (whether he deserved that is a different argument altogether). He had always been the superhero, the good guy, the All-American, yadda yadda, so him being part of this group was *BRILLIANT*. As much as I didn't care much for the NWO and as much as I hated Bischoff at the time for all the dick things he did, they all deserved mucho respect for the angle. Genius stuff. Now? Hogan is a desperate old guy worthy of a few spots here and there but not believable as a central heel figure.

Abyss? The guy is only good for one narrow band of match types as someone pointed out in a forum post weeks ago. He doesn't have very much versatility at all, and he seems kind of out of place amongst the rest of the characters involved. Again, not a Nash or a Hall, definitely not a Hogan.

And we're supposed to be impressed now that they've joined forces with a lame attempt at banking on the Four Horsemen that is nowhere near being even a shadow of the classic stable? Come on now.

The guy who takes down this stable could be the next big thing of wrestling.

I'm afraid he can't. Die hard TNA fans hate to hear it, but TNA should feel lucky to be called "second fiddle" to WWE since it's questionable whether they can even be considered real competition. They're nowhere near the size of either WWE or WCW, and they have nowhere near the presence or reach of those companies. They're better than ECW in those respects, but still closer to that indie organization than a mainstream, big time company.

TNA is good for what it is, but people shouldn't fool themselves into thinking that TNA has much of an impact on the wrestling industry as a whole.

The wrestler chosen by TNA management to be the one to take down this new group is going to be a huge star in TNA for sure, but ultimately that's not even going to make a ripple in the industry as a whole. Most wrestling fans don't even have a clue what's going on in TNA because most wrestling fans are watching WWE and nothing else.

By megastar I mean a star on the Austin/Rock level.If thats too high at least on the level Cena was circa 2005

Hells to the no. You can't be a mega star at any of those levels unless you work in a company with a fanbase the size of WWE's during those eras. TNA has nowhere near that fanbase. They're pretty much U.S. only and even here they don't travel all that much around.

How can any particular TNA wrestler be a Austin/Rock/Cena level mega superstar when the TNA fanbase is just a fraction of WWE's NOW when WWE itself is a shell of its past self?

The reason why I'm saying this is though I am a WWE fan I just cant see WWE doing a great storyline which is going to catch us unawares.I'm not saying they cant but I certainly am skeptical.Also the guy whom WWE is pushing as their next megastar aka The Miz,well he doesnt do anything for me and for a lot of my friends who happen to be marks.So I do believe that this is the best time for TNA to capitalise

We're not going to get storylines at the level of NWO, D-X, Attitude Era, etc. nor should fans ever expect anything like that again. Really, what else is there that WWE/TNA can do to surprise anyone these days?

And honestly what relevance do you think you and your friends have in the grand scheme of things? I'm not saying that to be a dick or to say your opinions aren't valid, but in the end do you think WWE is going to care what the Internet smarks like or what the mainstream fans who buy all the PPVs, come to all the live shows and plunk down cash for all the merchandise think?

I don't care how bland and boring WWE seems to be right now... the mainstream fans who make up the overwhelming majority of WWE's audience aren't going to switch over to a channel most don't even have to watch guys like Hogan and Sting who are a decade past their prime or guys like Jarrett who are a decade past being a midcarder or guys like Anderson and Pope who seem perhaps unfairly like guys who just couldn't cut it in WWE.

1.Do you agree that the guy who takes down "THEY" will be the next megastar of wrestling?Give your thoughts.

No, for reasons already explained.

2.Who do you think it will be??Give reasons

The guy who will take down "They" will probably be Kurt Angle. TNA would be stupid to try propping themselves up on RVD's back a second time. TNA doesn't seem to have much confidence in Samoa Joe these days. Mr. Anderson's not as big a star as Angle who is still the company's best wrestler by far.

3.Do you agree with me that the only way that TNA will be taken seriously is if they create the next wrestling megastar??

No. I think TNA will be taken seriously once they provide a better product. There are a TON of changes TNA could make to improve their mainstream marketability, but those changes won't happen so long as Dixie Carter et al are still around pulling the marionette strings.

TNA needs a marketable, mainstream superstar. Kurt Angle is an awesome wrestler but has no mainstream appeal.

Psst! NOBODY in TNA has mainstream market appeal. Not even Hogan at this point. A.J. Styles is nowhere near the level of Cena, who is nowhere near the level of Rock and Austin.

Anderson? No way he's going to be the face of the company. WWE tried to market him to the mainstream and look where that got him - in the starring role of a sequel to a film hardly anybody liked in the first place!

I agree with most the posts and I've just got to add something about Samoa Joe, why aren't TNA using him in the way that most fans probably want to see him used. There is only ONE big problem in TNA at the moment is that when they get an idea they don't stick with it till the end and take the safe option and change the idea. TNA needs to be a bit more risky and take an idea and instantly run with it... good or bad I'm positive it would not loose the TNA viewers at the moment.

I don't think the person to beat Hardy will be the next mega star, but that's not to say they cant be just a star. mega star is huge. right now it could be too early to say who in TNA could even be a main stream star, let alone mega star.

depends what you mean by taken seriously. taken seriously as in being real competition for WWE in ratings? no, but it's not really fair to compare the two since WWE has been around forever. there are people who have grown up their entire lives with WWE. same cant be said for TNA, a wrestling company still growing.
I do think TNA is taken seriously. if not you would not have so much hate. people hate on TNA just for the purpose of hating. no matter what TNA does, people hate. there are always people complaining about things in TNA and yet week after week they continue to watch and will still continue to watch week after week.
despite the hate the ratings have been going up.

first of all guys thank you to everyone who replied on this day.ill be answering most of your replies but first i want to touch on a few general points.

1.Most of you guys feel that TNA cannot produce the next megastar because they are a small company and do no have mainstream attention.That may be true right now but I can tell you that they are slowly gathering a bit of attention for themselves.We wrestling smarks may be annoyed with Hogan and possibly Flair for hanging on for too long but you must know that they do matter a lot to the casual fans,especially Hogan.Their signing on to TNA did give TNA some attention.So if the next part of this angle ie the dominance of immortal is well done who knows they might just get a bit more popular.I just think that it is completely unwarranted to write this angle off at such an early stage.

Also I'm not saying that destroying Immortal will instantly make some one a megastar.I'm just saying that if the person who takes down immortal happens to be funny and charismaatic as well then they might just gain a bit of mainstream popularity which goes into making a guy a megastar.It basically depends on TNA selecting the right guy too.

2.A lot of you guys are saying that Angle is the person who is gonna take immortal down.But in my opinion that would serve little purpose.Angle is already a big star so his taking down immortal elevates no one.Granted that may be on Bischoff's mind because of his obsession with top level stars.But I for one would like to see Dixie put he faith in guys like Angle and Sting to take down they and both of them end up failing to do so.And just then our young babyface comes up as the sole guy who can take the challenge up to immortal.That would elevate the guy huge

Well like you said Easy E missed stage 3 and theres nothing saying it wont happen again. The reason stage 3 was missed was Ego .

I thinks it more likely this to be the downfal of TNA then the makeing of a megastar .

I just thing they are going to fuck it up i truely hope they dont but Jeff was the wrong choice

i think it was more of hogan's ego that was the reason for nwo to miss stage 3.and that is why i think we will go to stage 3 with immortal.because the guy at the top happens to be jeff hardy.now hardy may have many vices but a big ego doesnt happen to be one of them.he is ready to do the job pretty readily

also i can envision a future where hardy has lost but hogan is still tna's evil authority figure.hence hogan will remain relevant even after the immortal angle and i think it will be enough to satisfy his ego

1 who will take them down each other to many egos.
2 i order for someone to be able to become a megastar u must have you own dont keep taking wwe left overs that there so done with.
3 there to lazy to make new stars its too much work for them
4 that being the case matt hardy if anybody will take down they.
its so easy even a cave man can see it coming. "they" r lazy!

Whomever ultimately winds up being the centerpiece for the movement to bring The Immortals down could wind up being TNA's next megastar. However, it's extremely unlikely that this person will be anywhere near the level of The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin, probably not even John Cena. The only way a star like Cena can potentially come about in TNA is if the company manages to do double the audience it did last night on a regular basis by the time the Immortal angle is finished.

As to who it'll be, well the top names at this point are probably Kurt Angle, Mr. Anderson, Samoa Joe, Rob Van Dam & D'Angelo Dinero. Kurt Angle is taking time off and if he comes back and is the one to primarily be the one responsible for Immortal's demise, then it'd be a huge waste as Angle's already huge. Same goes for RVD really. As for Pope, he could definitely benefit from it but I just don't see it happening. Lots of TNA fans like Pope, but he just hasn't struck me as the future torch bearer of TNA. Samoa Joe has been floating primarily in mid-card hell throughout this year and much of last year. Given the tension that's been between him and TNA management in the recent past, I won't be at all surprised if Joe isn't the guy. Anderson seems like the most logical choice to me at this point. He's over in TNA and is still among the top contenders for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

AJ doesn't have the mic skills to be a top guy haven't you guys been watching????? he's ok in the ring but has and uses zero ring pshycology...he's in the spot he should be as a top end mid-card guy...he looked absolutely ridiculous when they put him with flair trying to act like flair it didn't work and won't work.i'm sure the people in charge in tna now have to realize AJ isn't a main event guy.his run earlier this year was boring and bland and he didn't draw ratings or fans to shows.

Who’s TNA’s biggest face? Last year it was AJ until he turned, and before that it was Joe while he was champ, but they never seem to go all-out on who they want to get behind. It’s always a top heel running roughshod over the promotion with his heel stable to back him up. It started with S.E.X. which was led at various points by Russo, Raven, and whoever Jarrett was feuding with. Then there was Planet Jarrett with Jarrett trying to play Flair. The Christian Coalition with Christian, Tomko, and AJ. Angle then stole Christian’s lackeys for his own group, the Angle Alliance. Sting and Angle both had the Main Event Mafia. This is just another in a pattern of typical booking decisions for TNA. There’s never a lead face for the fans to rally behind, and if there is (AJ, Joe), the company loses interest pretty fast and usually ends up turning them heel mid-reign (Joe turning on Sting, AJ joining Flair).

Seriously, almost every champion TNA has had either started off as a heel or turned heel during the course of their reign. The ones that stayed face usually only ended up like that because they were given short reigns. TNA is skewed too heavily towards heels to such an extent that it seems like they purposely like toying with their fans and almost refuse to give concrete pay-offs. They have Anderson, Angle, RVD, Pope, and Joe as their lead faces right now. It’s good to have a plethora of top-tier talent but pick one guy to run with the ball. He doesn’t have to be champ, but he should at least be the one the fans know will eventually hold it. Even when guys like Hogan, Bret, and Sting weren’t the top dog, fans still understood that this was only a minor setback and that eventually they’d reclaim their spot at the top.

I say, there are two options here- AJ Styles, or Samoa Joe.

If its Joe, the best way to go would have him do a Kurt Angle-esque storyline, and say hell take They out from the bottom to the top.
Have him start off beating Kazarian and Morgan and Williams, and slowly working up until hes defeated everyone but Hardy. Have Hardy be a champion for a long time before this, defending against Anderson, RVD and Pope. Then have Joe take out Hogan and Bischoff, and make a BFG match between Hardy and Joe, billed as their first match ever, and the final confrontation between Joe and The Immortals. Joe winning that match would skyrocket him to be TNAs top star, and it could work as long as he keeps being a badass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back