• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The One to Dethrone the Chosen One?

Next TNA World Heavyweight Champion should be...

• Jeff Hardy

• Ethan Carter III

• Matt Hardy

• Tyrus

• Mike Bennett

• Bobby Lashley

• Other (Did I leave Anyone?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
We all know that Drew Galloway is the reigning TNA World Heavyweight Champion. He is currently in a feud with Bobby Lashley for the ultimate title.

What I want to ask is:

"Who should defeat Drew Galloway to become the next TNA World Heavyweight Champion?"

There are bunch of choices available for it. We have EC3, Mike Bennett, Tyrus, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy and Lashley whom I see as cream of TNA these days.

I would tell my choice later in this post, first lets see what was written in TNA's review of this week at WrestleZone Main Site.

"Lashley said some really good things tonight. His voice does not scare me, but the realism behind his "fight" character is refreshing. Like I said, he is a poor man's Brock Lesnar and that is not a knock on him. I do think Drew drops it to Lashley, which could potentially open up the doors to EC3 regaining the championship. With so much talent, a revolving door isn't the worst thing right now. Find out what sticks, what the fans attach themselves to."
- Josh Isenberg

I fully agree with the above said statements.

I believe that Lashley is the right choice to dethrone Galloway. Lashley is a dominant badass heel who needs the strap now. Galloway can lose the title to Lashley and the latter can have a good long dominant title reign. Then EC3 can win the title and then Ultimately, The Miracle can shine.

Thoughts & Votes?

to me there's only really two choices for who dethrone's Drew Galloway for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship and those guys are (unless TNA wants to have a new ex-WWE star to debut and take it) Lashley and Mike Bennett. i dont think TNA will give a title run too quickly to some ex WWE star (like Wade Barrett or Alex Riley, both of whom, i think TNA should sign). if i HAD to guess right now, i think Galloway beats Lashley to give him a major credibility as World Heavyweight Champion, then sometime after that, he loses the title to The Miracle Mike Bennett and then Bennett feuds with top faces eventually leading to EC3 vs. Bennett with a bigger prize at stake. With that said, i won't be shocked if Lashley does win so they can have EC3 beat Lashley and give him a MAJOR win.

Lashley to win it at Slammiversary with ECIII becoming the number one contender for Bound For Glory.

Galloway could do with a win against Lashley and retaining the belt, but I also think Lashley could do with a spell as Champ and as top heel in the company.

to me there's only really two choices for who dethrone's Drew Galloway for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship and those guys are (unless TNA wants to have a new ex-WWE star to debut and take it) Lashley and Mike Bennett. i dont think TNA will give a title run too quickly to some ex WWE star (like Wade Barrett or Alex Riley, both of whom, i think TNA should sign). if i HAD to guess right now, i think Galloway beats Lashley to give him a major credibility as World Heavyweight Champion, then sometime after that, he loses the title to The Miracle Mike Bennett and then Bennett feuds with top faces eventually leading to EC3 vs. Bennett with a bigger prize at stake. With that said, i won't be shocked if Lashley does win so they can have EC3 beat Lashley and give him a MAJOR win.

Imo Galloway should have a long run. I agree with Lashley, but I'm pretty meh on Mike Bennett and have been since his indy days

I'd have no problem with a potential Wade Barrett or Alex Riley title run. TNA had issues with pushing ex-WWE talents above their own guys for years, but at this point all of "their own guys" have left the company and are ironically in NXT. The only "homegrown TNA talent" left are Abyss, who has long worn out his welcome, and James Storm.

The fact of the matter is that heels, not faces, tend to do better with long title runs. Faces, by default, do better in the chase.

In this respect, whomever TNA can project long-term belongs beating him. Based on the current storyline, that someone is Bobby Lashley, who is being billed as the company's top heel at the moment. If it's not Lashley, the only other logical choice is Bennett, as both men can continue to duck and dodge Galloway for months to carry the chase for the title long-term.

The fact of the matter is that heels, not faces, tend to do better with long title runs. Faces, by default, do better in the chase.

In this respect, whomever TNA can project long-term belongs beating him. Based on the current storyline, that someone is Bobby Lashley, who is being billed as the company's top heel at the moment. If it's not Lashley, the only other logical choice is Bennett, as both men can continue to duck and dodge Galloway for months to carry the chase for the title long-term.
Very right.

I would prefer Lashley over Bennett to defeat Galloway because Lashley is a dominant badass heel. Whereas Mike Bennett is just a sneaky heel.

Also building Lashley as a great threat shouldn't be wasted by having Galloway defeat him. EC3 is in feud with Bennett and the Hardy bros are in feud with each other.

I think that Lashley should defeat Galloway. Then the former can have a long dominant reign. Then EC3 can finally recapture the ultimate title off him but only lose it to Bennett via the usage of briefcase which further fixes the credibility of Bennett as a clever sneaky heel.

Agreed on all counts. It's the best possible story to tell, and if this is going to stretch to Bound For Glory, it makes the most sense to go this route. Lashley's last run was as a face, albeit a monster face, and even that was great because of how good he is in the ring.

On a related note, it's what TNA needs. They need just solid, bell-to-bell wrestling that people want to see that's centered around logical, compelling story-telling. This can be part of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back