The Nightwatchman- Tom Morellos Solo Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
has anyone else heard this album yet, it's pretty good, but it sounds nothing like the stuff he played with RATM, or Audioslave, it has more of a Johnny Cash sound to it, which was about the last thing I expected before I pop it in my CD player, but after a few songs it started to grow on me, like I said before pretty good stuff

here is a link to check it out- http://www.myspace.com/thenightwatchman

my personal favorite track so far is One Man Revolution

I got this today, im really impressed with it. I know alot of people disliked it because it didnt sound like RAGE(which im a big fan of) but really, I read an interview with him before it came out and he basically said it woudent sound like rage so i dont understand why people are so pissed.
I really like the sound, he says he plays accoustic better then electric, so its cool to just see tom be tom.
(also, i copied him with the star thing on the guitar, i think im really cool now lol)

I got this today, im really impressed with it. I know alot of people disliked it because it didnt sound like RAGE(which im a big fan of) but really, I read an interview with him before it came out and he basically said it woudent sound like rage so i dont understand why people are so pissed.
I really like the sound, he says he plays accoustic better then electric, so its cool to just see tom be tom.
(also, i copied him with the star thing on the guitar, i think im really cool now lol)

I've made a few copies for other people, and have gotten mixed reactions on it, some like it some don't, as I said before, it took a couple songs befoer I really started getting into it, I didn't know he was even doing a solo project until I saw it a Best Buy yesterday, personally I like it, it's interesting to hear him sing for a change

Exactly, He almost reminds me of Bob Dylan in a weird way.

Yeah defiantly, some of the things he says are actualley kinda creepy and dark ( like cash/dylan) "Found a noose in my garage, how about that ? now im in the busches with a baseball bat" for instance is just plain scary. Overall
7.5/10.

Yeah defiantly, some of the things he says are actualley kinda creepy and dark ( like cash/dylan) "Found a noose in my garage, how about that ? now im in the busches with a baseball bat" for instance is just plain scary. Overall
7.5/10.

I agree, i'd have to give it the same score as you did, 7.5 out of 10, apperently you and me are the only ones that care enough about this to cooment on it, oh well everyone elses lost I guess

I found some tour dates for him, here's a link
http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=All&Content=The+Nightwatchman&go_green.x=0&go_green.y=0

I also found a link for the video to "Road I Must Travel", it's pretty good
http://musicbox.sonybmg.com/video/the_nightwatchman/

If this sounds like Johnny Cash then I'll have to check it out, because Cash is the absolute fuckin' man and his albums recorded in San Quentin and Folsom Prison are two of the most important records in all of music history. Guy is just amazing.

Tom Morello I have never been impressed with however. He obviously has skills, but skills aren't enough to make good music. You need soul, you need that extra something. I just don't think Morello has that.

If this sounds like Johnny Cash then I'll have to check it out, because Cash is the absolute fuckin' man and his albums recorded in San Quentin and Folsom Prison are two of the most important records in all of music history. Guy is just amazing.

Tom Morello I have never been impressed with however. He obviously has skills, but skills aren't enough to make good music. You need soul, you need that extra something. I just don't think Morello has that.

For real ? As Me and Justinsayne said, this cd is only about a 7 1/2 but Rage's old shit is really good. Audioslave kinda sucks but The Battle Of Los Angelos, Self Titled And Evil Empire, these 3 records are pretty important in music history too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back