• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Nightmare is Real; Ray Turns on Devon

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
The writing was on the wall, certainly, and most of us were really hoping it wouldn't happen, but it did — Brother Ray turned on his Team 3D partner Brother Devon for the second time in less than a year, essentially continuing the feud they were running prior to Hardcore Justice.

What was supposed to be a final goodbye seeing as they promised the world that Team 3D had wrestled their last match turned out to only be a half truth as 3D is finished (by all accounts), but Devon and Ray are not.

You can take it to the bank — Brother Ray v. Brother Devon at Final Resolution 2010. It's happening, whether we want it to or not.

Thoughts on all this?

Like you said we all knew it was coming. This has been teased for years and we've all been glad that it has been. The reason for that is we're glad it's only been a tease and that it's never happened. There is zero money to be made by Team 3D and no one wants to see them fight. They're another shining example of the wrong philosophy in TNA: just because someone used to be interesting at some point in their careers does not mean that they are interesting now. Also not every team is the Rockers or someone like that. No one wants to see this and it's going to be the food break match at the PPV. Who cares here, honestly?

The writing was on the wall, certainly, and most of us were really hoping it wouldn't happen, but it did — Brother Ray turned on his Team 3D partner Brother Devon for the second time in less than a year, essentially continuing the feud they were running prior to Hardcore Justice.

What was supposed to be a final goodbye seeing as they promised the world that Team 3D had wrestled their last match turned out to only be a half truth as 3D is finished (by all accounts), but Devon and Ray are not.

You can take it to the bank — Brother Ray v. Brother Devon at Final Resolution 2010. It's happening, whether we want it to or not.

Thoughts on all this?

What? TNA Wrestling telling the fans "half truths?" Now that blasphemy IDR and you know it.

It was reported by some of the dirt sheets, as I read on these forums, that these guys would lose to MCMG at the PPV, and therefore stop wrestling as a tag team, but that both guys would continue as singles competitors. So this was absolutely no shock at all, nor was the fact they lost at the last PPV.

I cannot imagine anyone is anticipating that a Ray versus Devon match would have much merit amongst wrestling fans, unless we're talking about SD or Z_Z. They'll accept absolutely anything TNA feeds us and tout it as gold. Cannot wait to hear how they spin this one into any form of quality.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! Two old, fat guys that noone cares about when they're separated are going at it! Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! Think of the athleticism, the excitement, the promos! Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Someone should take the memo and slam it up TNA's ass.

No....Just no.

I knew this was coming. We could all see it from a mile away. Bubba and Devon haven't been interesting for quite some time now. I had enough of Team 3D constantly praising themselves, and I was holding out hope they would be gone for good, but those hopes were crushed tonight. Seriously, who wants to see these two feud? I'm sure the inevitable match at Final Resolution will not be worth remembering, and I don't think this feud will end there. These two will probably have more matches against each other. And then what's next for Bubba and Devon? Singles competition?!?! I'm not liking this at all.

I knew it was Going to Happen and I'm a HUGE TNA fan and I have to admit that I Hated seeing Bubba Turn on D-Von. I see no Point in having D-Von vs Bubba Ray its Pointless and can't see how this will be any good the match will suck its just plain STUPID.

This is just TNA being TNA they honestly need to get Heyman or something because that is the only way the company will ever make money. They just need to do something that is original and not try to recreate WCW because it won't happen. Remember When WWE split up the Dudley's and made D-Von heel and Bubba face how did that work out they ended up reuniting because neither one can be successful without the other and when WWE split them up they were atleast somewhat in their prime now their just old and need to retire.

These guy did feud... in ECW... in 1996! Have the Dudleys really been around that long? Man, 14 years goes by very quickly.

I was thinking the same thing. So I lost my cable....does anyone know if either Devon or Bubba are aligned with the TNA ECW team??

Not that it matters....next they'll bring Spike back to team with Bubba.

And here i was ready to say goodbye and now instead we get a possible singles run for them, somebody shoot me please. Last time this happened it was a load of suck which only really accomplished getting bastista's foot in the door.

By my estimation, this will be the..4th time theyve feuded now? In three different companies? They cant work as singles competitors. They are just not talented enough in any way. Their best attribute is being clear on the mic, and frankly thats what happens to anyone who has gotten 15 years to cut promos. How in the world does TNA think they can fit room for two more singles stars at the moment? This is ugly.

Lets look at the worst news out of all this. Obviously this means another Team 3D reunion/run down the line, and another retirement angle. No one really buys that they'll retire as singles competitors do they. If I were them I truthfully would have wanted to say our last match was against the real best tag team in the world right now, MCMG. At this rate there may not even be one decent tag team in a year or two, whenever the Dudleys reunite. Youre pushing your luck assholes. They must need the money.

Once again, instead of letting the past go and not tarnishing another great milestone in wrestling, TNA has decided for their retirees to stick around.

It was understandable for TNA to keep a stable to feud with Fortune (even though I hated the fact they did). But what good can Bubba Ray vs. Devon Dudley really be? This isn't a Matt vs. Jeff, or even a Christian vs. Edge. We are talking about two guys that are perhaps the greatest team to step in a ring, but are absolute shit as single competitors.

This is just another reason why I take TNA storylines in small doses. I can't see this as a good thing period. Really TNA; why do this?

Breaking up tag teams used to be a surefire hit rivalry- ten years ago. Now, the idea has been done to death, and it's a standard push for two young guys; put them in a tag team, create tension, have them break up and fight each other. This doesn't work in this instance on two levels:

One, the Dudleys have been together way, way too long for it to work. What kind of tension do they have; Bubba farts in his sleep on the road?

Two, the concept is old and stale. Hey look, the Hart Dynasty is squabbling! Don't care. Hey look, Cryme Tyme is squabbling! Don't care. Hey look, the Uso's are fighting (wait for it- you won't care.) I don't mention any TNA names because so far, their tag team division has been very good for how few teams it contains.

Not only do you get rid of a tag team that can still provide a bit of lift to another (although not nearly what they were doing ten years ago, but it's not like the Dudleys are ten years younger then they are today), you replace them with two singles guys who have never worked out as singles wrestlers.

Most of TNA's moves lately frustrate me; this one just baffles me.

Why does this seem like having the potential to become an even bigger flop than Hardy vs Hardy in 2009? I'm pretty sure it's because it will actually be more or less a flop. The Dudley's (Or 3D if you want me to call them that) have been rather uninteresting for years, and their more or less past their prime of interest in any manner. At least Jeff and Matt were still good and going.

The only thing I can really say about this is, I hope it's incredibly quick. And that it ends in a PERMANENT retirement.

i was really hoping they would retire FORREAL, but i knew it was a sign to moving on to the singles. so let me guess next year they reunite and then have another retirement match...OH JOYYYYY :banghead:

never liked nor cared for them. i respect how long they have been in the buisness but that is it. i think randy orton said it best in what he said about brother ray. most overrated tag team in history. who cares about 20,000 tag champs blah blah...wrestling is a WORK not REAL, so that means nothing to me.

I personally hope that Devon is really going home with his family and that Ray sidelined him and will continue solo has a heel. I don't want to see any of them but if I have to choose the lesser evil that would be Devon home and Bubba alone.

The other ray of hope we could have his that their "feud" will be their farewell.

I just have no interest in seeing those two has been and I would prefer them to put some energy on Joe and them telling him to get in shape and then using him in a better way than that. Or resume what they were trying to do with Lethal. Or make beer Money wrestle as a team again. Or anything else but 3D feuding.

I just want to know what kind of shit that TNA and the Dudley's are smoking to make them believe they are as good as they continue to claim.

They strongly hype up their match with the MCMG's at Turning Point, try to have an HBK/Ric Flair retirement angle/moment, the match winds up being mediocre, their is no validity to their claims as being the "greatest tag team of all time" and "constantly compared with the Road Warriors" (who the fuck would have the balls to compare Team 3D to the Road Warriors?!?), they waste more television with a farewell speech, and now they're going to feud as singles?? None of this is entertaining in ANY way, shape or form.

First of all, Devon is one of the worst talkers on the TNA roster. His "testify" catchphrase is not only NOT catchy, but more annoying than athlete's foot. Bubba has good skill on the stick but since Team 3D won't be cutting promos as a collective unit anymore, their out-of-ring confrontations are going to be bland, sloppy, and meaningless since one half of the scenario can't back themselves up verbally. Then, take in the fact that Bubba has always been the clear breakout star of Team 3D since Devon is so sloppy, fat, and awful in the ring and you have a feud's recipe for disaster.

I was almost jumping out of my skin and elated with the breakup and retirement of Team 3D but now I'm completely disappointed. These two guys haven't meant a thing since the Attitude Era in the WWE, ran their course and did a good job of elevating talent such as Beer Money and the MCMG's, but their is no more milk left in their teets to squeeze out in the form of a memorable feud from these two. I wish their legacy would just die in peace.

yea this was bad, two more unneeded heel turns in one show. pretty soon its gonna be 4 faces against 134 heels! I really dont know what the hell Russo or whoever else in creative who put this one together was thinking. a Devon vs Ray program is gonna be boring as shit. I hate to say it, but we all know it's true.

3D really needs to just retire and work backstage now, their heyday is long over now. and after turning point last sunday I really saw it. Maybe I got spoiled by all the MCMG vs Beer Money matches, but last sundays match was sooooo slow in comparison.

I do have good news though, I'll be at Ring Of Honor's survival of the fittest in Dearborn MI tonight. that ought to be a riot

in closing, (dont wanna get spammed) I really have no idea how Ray vs Devon is going to turn out. is Ray going to join Immortal? hopefully not. I'm hoping that if we indeed do have to see this over the next couple of weeks or months, it's just about these two.

With the majority here, this is awful. Not sure what could possibly be interesting about a Devon/Ray match. They've been pretty shit as a tag team for awhile. As singles wrestlers? Even worse. The Jesse Neal/Ray thing is going to look good compared to this.

I don't understand why instead of wasting time with this they couldn't have given the slot to some midcards feud with a bunch of random high flyers or something. At least there's potential for good matches there. Fuck Team 3D.

Bubba vs. D-Von is a pointless fued...... THey were a great tag team but now what???? nothing Two out of shape old timers rumbling around the ring. I'd rather re watch that Flair v Foley match from a couple weeks ago. TNA what has come of you..?

No just no!

Now I am a big TNA fan, I actually love their show but I hate it when they do this crap with two over rated wrestlers that at their age can't wrestle because the real wrestling spots they could use to do will put to much stress on thier body and hurt them, they can't cut a promo because they are just terrible on the microphone or basically do anything of meaning to help the match progress so like everybody has said before this is going to basically suck.

I really think Dixie Hogan and Bish have been swarming thru the You Tube archives WAYYYYY to much. ECW introduced D-Von this way with the misterious other bother attacking I think it was spike and sign guy. Then he revealed himself and attacked Bubba. It was Big Dick Dudley that came in and got them together back in I think it was 1998 or 1999.

Then WWE tried it but lack of fandom for the two even when it was Reverend D-Von made the E put them back together.

Then even as a tag team their was silence when they came out and zero responce to " D-VON GET THE TABLES!!!" so the E let them go. Then they get to TNA and you still hear the basic crickets when they are out there

Now Dipshit Carter and her three morons who have her ear are telling her OH do it again do it again it will work. Its sad really that the three biggest SELF PROMOTERS in the Biz are telling her how to make TNA better while using it as a stepping stone for their own projects.

Well, everyone in this forum all agreed... This is going to suck!

TNA had the crowd fat and happy. Everyone was happy for the retirement, everyone was cheering. Then... BOOM! Brother Ray turns... I watched this with stupidity and pain pills.

If they just walked off, and took the TNA send off, the pay off would of been much better. Instead, and singles match! And the reason why, "We didn't win it for the 24th time.!"

Horrible reason for a feud. I would of loved to see Ray become a manager, and Devon do something else. But no, that just made too much sense.

The show get more birazze each and everyweek. It not like we have not seen each of them wrestling against each other, but I really do think that there career was ruined. That was one of the most weirdest things ever. Are they suppose to fight it out, or end it with that horrible note. Only when you have Dutch and Russo will you get something like that.

You need a twist with every angle from those guys. Just let them retire or be together. It hard enough to sell them because of age. Now you have them feuding? Worst booking ever.

I fucking hate this! Its extremely rare in this day for a tag team to stay together for any real length of time. The Dudleys have been the exception to the rule. They did have a small stint as solo artists back in the WWE and it was an epic failure. Personally, I was touched by their "farewell" speech and it was a real feel good moment for anyone who has followed their careers.

I, for one, have no interest in seeing Bubba v. Devon. They have always and will always be a team in my eyes and this will do nothing but tarnish their legacy. It would have been refreshing to see a team break into and leave the business together without the cliche of the breakup fued. Its totally unecessary.

Why were Team 3D signed new contracts in the first place? The majority of people and here and probably even the majority of the TNA locker room doesn't know why Team 3D are still wrestling.

I understand maybe to have them as agents for their shitty wrestling school, but we have seen this abomination of Devon vs. Bubba before. It wasn't cool when they split up 10 years ago and it isn't cool now. It would have been so much better if Team 3D just retired and left. They got a bigger send off then I thought they deserved.

Will anyone care when they actually do retire now? Bubba turned on Devon a few months ago before Hardcore Justice. Who wants to see to middle aged tag team wrestlers fight each other at this point? That is like having the Road Warriors fight each other. It doesn't work. You can't be a tag team for 15 years and then decide to be a singles star.

What is left after their feud? Ric Flair, please come out and fire these guys since Dixie wont.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back