• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Next Couple of Weeks...

Champ1432

Supermarket Champion- Face for life
Just wanted to get some thoughts/opinions on where people think TNA might be headed in the next couple of weeks, after the PPV. Let me preface this by saying that I haven't read the spoilers for this weeks tapings, so if something I think contradicts something that was already taped , I apologize.

I know TNA can obviously be very hard to predict since storylines are born and die quickly and take sudden left turns out of nowhere.

My thoughts on a possibility, or a potential direction I suppose. With Foley and the Network out of the picture, there's not really an authority figure to oppose them. Maybe I was reading too much into it, but I thought Hogan might be taking Sting's words to heart at the last show before the PPV. At least to my eye, he was appearing to make it seem that way. What if he was beginning to have second thoughts on teaming with Bischoff? Suppose it comes out that Hogan really wanted deep down for the title match to have no interference? Does anyone see a possibility of Hogan turning face, and struggling with Bischoff for control in lieu of a Network angle where the Network rep would oppose both Hogan and Bischoff? Or is that perhaps too wacky for even TNA to run with?

I was just interested as to what anyone's thoughts were on this idea or any other idea that pops into your head as to an interesting direction for TNA to go. Let's hear some other ideas if you have them.

If you don't like my idea, feel free to say so, but don't be mean, it's my first thread started. :rolleyes:

Actually I wouldn't be shocked if you are right. They need someone to oppose Bischoff and Bischoff is no good as a face. Neither is Flair. Those guys are lifelong heels. However, if Hogan were to go face, he'd likely need to endorse someone but I can't see that being Sting. Maybe Matt Morgan and help him develop his character more? Not sure but this may be the early goings of the obvious power struggle in TNA.

I am curious to see how much they hype the X Division for this upcoming PPV. Is it a one month thing and then to be forgotten about like they've been doing or are they really going to give the X Division guys the airtime they deserve? It's a ashame the tag team division has so many injuries because their tag teams and the X Division is what makes TNA watchable. I personally am dying to see a Gen Me tag title run...over due in my book.

You can't have Gunner off TV for so long and then throw him in main events out of nowhere either. Not making sense. I would love to see Matt Morgan or AJ Styles get pushed but that roster is crowded as it is. I wouldn't mind them pushing Gunner but we know nothing about him. He doesn't talk ever and hardly wrestles and we're supposed to just accept him pinning Sting like he did last week on iMpact? I love TNA but really? Gunner? And isn't the TV title supposed to be worth something? We go from AJ to Doug Williams (who is actually a goos wrestler be gheld down) to Gunner out of nowhere? They stripped Abyss a week before his return? That made no sense. Now EY has it out of nowhere? Wtf? EY is good when he actually wrestles but he gives no credibility to the TV title. I'm just tired of stale storylines so I hope they don't screw up a possible Hogan face turn like they've blown story lines recently I guess is my point.

Good topic though

It's not a bad idea, & it did seem like Hogan took Sting's words to heart. The problem is, there has been talk that they are building to a Sting v Hogan match at Bound for Glory. Now, it's possible that they changed that plan, but if they didn't change, Hogan would have to be the heel going into that match. They tried a Sting heel turn, and it just didn't work. Sting played it well, but the fans wouldn't accept it. Hogan is in a similar situation right now. Even though he is supposed to be a heel authority figure, he still gets good pops from the crowd. So a Hogan v Bischoff feud for control of the company could work. Are they going in that direction? I'm not sure.

Actually I wouldn't be shocked if you are right. They need someone to oppose Bischoff and Bischoff is no good as a face. Neither is Flair. Those guys are lifelong heels. However, if Hogan were to go face, he'd likely need to endorse someone but I can't see that being Sting. Maybe Matt Morgan and help him develop his character more? Not sure but this may be the early goings of the obvious power struggle in TNA.

I am curious to see how much they hype the X Division for this upcoming PPV. Is it a one month thing and then to be forgotten about like they've been doing or are they really going to give the X Division guys the airtime they deserve? It's a ashame the tag team division has so many injuries because their tag teams and the X Division is what makes TNA watchable. I personally am dying to see a Gen Me tag title run...over due in my book.

You can't have Gunner off TV for so long and then throw him in main events out of nowhere either. Not making sense. I would love to see Matt Morgan or AJ Styles get pushed but that roster is crowded as it is. I wouldn't mind them pushing Gunner but we know nothing about him. He doesn't talk ever and hardly wrestles and we're supposed to just accept him pinning Sting like he did last week on iMpact? I love TNA but really? Gunner? And isn't the TV title supposed to be worth something? We go from AJ to Doug Williams (who is actually a goos wrestler be gheld down) to Gunner out of nowhere? They stripped Abyss a week before his return? That made no sense. Now EY has it out of nowhere? Wtf? EY is good when he actually wrestles but he gives no credibility to the TV title. I'm just tired of stale storylines so I hope they don't screw up a possible Hogan face turn like they've blown story lines recently I guess is my point.

Good topic though

Quick note on your statement on the ppv and how they are gonna do it,if you read the spoilers,well theres alot of surprises they got in store. They are pretty much injecting steriods into the x-division(even if it is possibly only for the ppv). The matchs they announced already,the matchs that are rumored,and the talent they are bringing in,I must say,I may actually have to get the ppv.

and if you dont read spoilers,enjoy the ride full of surprises

With Sting no longer TNA WHC, I won't be at all surprised if TNA focuses his efforts more towards opposing Hogan & Bischoff. It's probably the best place for him at this point and time. Nothing wrong with that in general, but I have a feeling that they're going to wind up devoting far too much time to it. Hogan & Bischoff, Hogan especially, are basically the center of TNA at this point in time so I see a lot of really long, drawn out promo segments featuring these parties in the near future.

There's all sorts of buzz being generated about the X Division with more emphasis being placed on it. It could be interesting but I can't help but feeling that it's just going to be a temporary thing due to the Desitnation X ppv. After the ppv, I just have a feeling that the X Division is going to go back to wallowing in the same mediocrity that's plagued it for the better part of 3 years. I have little doubt that TNA is going to put a lot of energy into jacking up interest and convince a lot of people that the glory days are on their way back. There's talk of bringing back a lot of past X Division greats, for instance, to take part in the ppv. That's all well and good but I just have a feeling that Desination X is going to be 2011's version of Hardcore Justice. It'll probably be an infinitely better show all around but, when it's all said and done, I just think it'll be a one night stand that'll have some lingering effects for a few weeks that will quickly fade.

Sounds pretty cynical I know, but I've learned to expect and even anticipate disappointment when it comes to TNA. That's especially true when it comes to TNA plans over a long term. They're great at providing the instant gratification that a lot of net fans want and that's what Destination X is going to be on the surface. I'd love for the re-emphasis on the X Division to continue, but I just don't think it will past the ppv.

Well I just hope they keep the Sting vs. Immortal storyline going and it's not just dropped because Sting lost the title. Whenver Sting drops the belt in TNA he's gone for ages. Hopefully now that he no longer ahs the belt, he isn't distracted by guys coming after him and he goes full tilt after Hogan, Flair and Bischoff. Stinger on a mission.

If Hogan was to turn.. that would be interesting, Hogan has always been abale to cuta great face promo and if he did turn, Sting would win and the Immortal storyline would be finished so TNA can wrap up this storyline and ensure it doesn't go on too long like the nWo did. Close it down with Sting getting the victory Darth Vader.. I mean Hulk Hogan gaining redemption and the Death Star blowing up for a big party with ewoks.. I mean X Division stars!!!

at this point i think we all can say that Sting is not going to be in the title picture at some point right now because he going to go after Eric Bischoff and hogan, which might lead to some kind of match that the fans don't want to see because these two really didn't have a good match in WCW, and i don't know what they can do differently now that they did years ago.

as for Desitnation X pay per view. I think they going to hype up the pay per view enough with good matches if booked correctly especially with the matches. What does this say for the X Division, i don't know because the X Division just doesn't become good over night. They pretty much killed the Division and its gonna take time to rebuild it to where its suppose to be right now. I think the current roster for this Division, guys like Kazaian probably the only guy they got on that roster to make the Division good, but guys like Brain Kendrick and Amazing Red looks extremely small in that roster that probably needs a lot more work to make that Division good. Also what happen to Robbie E, he not seen around lately and i don't see how he can make the Division good. be belongs in the tv title picture, not on X Division roster

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back