• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The new trailer for "The Avengers" movie debuts

CM Steel

A REAL American
The newest trailer for the much hyped up Avengers movie coming out in May 2012 debut today on various sites. The superhero team of Nick Fury (director), Iron Man, The Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow & Hawkeye of Nick Fury's Shield.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zatgnqdIefs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Take on the vengeful Loki, step-brother of Thor. This looks to be the movie of the year by the media and comicbook fans, and 2012 hasn't ever came yet. But will you go and see the Avengers film? And what would you rate the trailers?

Link for the trailer isn't working, Swagger, but I'll post the video for you:

[YOUTUBE]zatgnqdIefs[/YOUTUBE]​

The trailer looks great, but I hope this can live up to the hype. There's always some type of mysterious clue at the end of various Marvel films, and the constant teasing for this film continues to drive me nuts.

Still, The Avengers will probably be the most anticipated summer blockbuster in 2012, and this film could become a box office juggernaut, because The Avengers will make tons of money. I am looking forward to this film, and the cast does look pretty damn good. Robert Downey, Jr. always delivers as Iron Man, and Chris Evans did a fine job with the Captain America character. Also, Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson are some nice additions here. Although, I'm not too crazy about Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. I don't think he's a horrible actor. I actually like the guy, but Edward Norton was amazing in The Incredible Hulk. I wish he could reprise his role, but it's not going happen.

Like Mitch said, hopefully this movie can live up to the hype, that's really my only worry. Aside from that and Ruffalo playing Hulk(don't dislike him, just bad choice for the role) this movie looks excellent and I can't wait for summer to check it out. The cast is great, and I think it'll be cool to see Chris Hemsworth surrounded by bigger names and hopefully he can keep up with them. What I'm looking forward to most is definintely Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, I love that guy and playing a badass role like that suits him quite well. Can't wait to see it and I just hope it lives up to the hype!

What should be intriguing about this film will not be the big battles or even the major arc overall, but the interaction between the various heroes. That's part of what makes the Avengers tick in the comics is the relationships between certain characters like Thor and Iron Man, Cap and Iron Man, Hawkeye and Cap etc... With Whedon in charge, my thoughts are somewhat at ease and that trailer only served to further please me (the Cap/Tony/Thor interaction was pretty funny). I look forward to Sam Jackson as Nick Fury in a full film role for once and hope he can steal a lot of scenes. Looks good so far.

Link for the trailer isn't working, Swagger, but I'll post the video for you:

[YOUTUBE]zatgnqdIefs[/YOUTUBE]​

The trailer looks great, but I hope this can live up to the hype. There's always some type of mysterious clue at the end of various Marvel films, and the constant teasing for this film continues to drive me nuts.

Still, The Avengers will probably be the most anticipated summer blockbuster in 2012, and this film could become a box office juggernaut, because The Avengers will make tons of money. I am looking forward to this film, and the cast does look pretty damn good. Robert Downey, Jr. always delivers as Iron Man, and Chris Evans did a fine job with the Captain America character. Also, Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson are some nice additions here. Although, I'm not too crazy about Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. I don't think he's a horrible actor. I actually like the guy, but Edward Norton was amazing in The Incredible Hulk. I wish he could reprise his role, but it's not going happen.

I pretty much agree with everything said here except that this will be the most anticipated summer blockbuster of 2012. That honor rightfully belongs to The Dark Knight Rises. This movie will be absolutely mind-blowingly good though, especially with Joss Whedon at the helm. Can I just deviate for a second though? How good is the lineup of comic book movies next year? Not only do you have this movie and The Dark Knight Rise coming out, but you also have The Amazing Spiderman as well. It is a good year to be a comic book movie fan as all three of those pictures look amazing.

I pretty much agree with everything said here except that this will be the most anticipated summer blockbuster of 2012. That honor rightfully belongs to The Dark Knight Rises. This movie will be absolutely mind-blowingly good though, especially with Joss Whedon at the helm. Can I just deviate for a second though? How good is the lineup of comic book movies next year? Not only do you have this movie and The Dark Knight Rise coming out, but you also have The Amazing Spiderman as well. It is a good year to be a comic book movie fan as all three of those pictures look amazing.

I'd argue this point a little. I think at the moment, it is the most anticipated, purely because we've seen something from it. We've seen next to sod all form DKR, unless you've looked ou Youtube and seen footage of them riding through a city with Tumblers galore. And even the teaser gave us nothing (or next-to-nothing), compared to the teaser we got at the end of Captain America.

This movie is looking spot-on. A bit too much Iron Man in the trailer, but he is the more well known out of all of them as far as the general public goes, and he has the best one liners. Nice interaction between the characters, as previously mentioned, especially the teased conflict between Cap and Thor. It's looking like black Widow and Hawkeye (both superbly cast, by the way) will be getting decent roles, which makes me happy, if for nothing else, for Scarlett Johansson. OH YEAH :-D)

My only concern is that they'll have too much in this film. Four leading men (five if you count Nick Fury, who is rumoured to have his own SHIELD film soon) could be a bit of a clusterfuck, and I would be worried if this film was in the hands of anyone other than Joss Whedon. I'm fairly new to Whedon's work, but using Firefly and Serenity as an example; he uses very little time to give an ensemble of eight or nine depth and character AND a good story. If anyone is suited for the task, it is him.

I like how the trailer gives little of the plot away. All we know is that the Avengers have been assembled to stop Loki. But what is Loki's plan? Is he working alone? Somehow, I doubt it. Is this the first credible attempt by Marvel to bring in the Skrull?

This film could suck, and it would still be aweosme. That's my honest opinion. Before any trailers had come out, iw as a Dark Knight guy, but slowly and surely, this film is looking to me like it could very well be (note my wording; it COULD be) the best comic-book film EVER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back