• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The New Racism in America

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
i hate politics, and I hate the national Media. The National Media has such a terrible liberal bias, it's nauseating. People tend to bash Fox News a lot, but as someone that considers himself a moderate, that is the only channel I can handle watching. It seems to me, off topic, that being in the middle is being conservative, which apparantely to left leaning folks is a sin.

Anyways, the new Racism. Watch the local news, watch the national news, whatever. If you listen close enough, you can tell already. If Barack Obama loses this election, it's because of Racism. Yup, that's pretty much it. Essentially rural white voters will be to blame because they couldn't see past the skin color of Barack. Don't believe me, watch the news, you'll see it.

McCain rallies have been called hate gathering, and rage inducing. That's funny, because it seems that Barack Obama has hung around with some of the most hateful people ever, in fact participated in church with a racist preacher in Jeremiah Wright.

Oh, but you can't call him racist, or the fact that a supposed 96% of African Americans are going to vote for Barack Obama. Surely that's all based on his campaign and not on his skin tone? Instead, this isn't perceived as racist, but perceived as excitement. Tell me, why is it that African Americans aren't perceived as Racist for voting for Obama, but white voters voting for McCain is racist?

I dont care what colour Obama is to be fair, I feel as a Uk citizen, he will drag America out of the shit.

Its time for new ideas at home and abroad for America and I feel Obama is the rightr way to go. Mccain is too much like Bush for me policiy wise, and although il miss Bush when he goes(from a satire perspective), America doesnt need another 4 years of Bushesque policies.

I get your point Shocky. I watch the US news alot(Fox, CNN, CBS, ect)and you can tell that most of them are way too biased towards a certain canidate. Pretty much all media praised Barack to a point where it does seem unjust. He is a celebrity more than a politician now, but he still will make a good president, I believe.

It is funny how Barack has most of the black vote regardless of what his stances are. If 96% of all whites were going to vote for McCain racism would be called into play, and the same should be here. If Barack doesn;t win, race will be brought up as one of the main reasons why he won't win. I think it maybe true to some extent(there are some people who will refuse to vote for an African American) but I feel it will be a total cop out and people only blame race.

Obviously, not all McCain rallies are hate gatherings. I'll rephrase that, the vast, vast majority aren't. If any sort of media coverage claims so, they should be shut down for being so blatantly biased. However, I have seen videos of McCain supporters claiming shit like Palin being full of the holy light (she's full of something alright) and, I shit you not, saying stuff along the lines of "If Obama gets in, the black will take over". Is it racism to vote for McCain? Lol, no. Is it racism to claim that because Obama is mixed race he'll ensure his own "race" claims superiority? Is it racism to claim he's a Muslim because of his middle name, etc. etc.? Is it racism to vote for or against someone because of the colour of their skin? Absolutely.

That, and African Americans are a small majority.

Ben Stein was on Larry King yesterday and said that race does play a huge role in this election, but it goes in favor of Barack Obama, because the whites as of right now are split 50/50 on who they are voting for, whereas 99% of blacks will vote for Barack Obama, with probably over 90% of that percentage only voting for him because of the color of his skin. And I agree with him. Race does play a factor in this election, but only because most blacks only care about their own people. And I always find it funny when a black person brags about how great it will be to have a black president, when none of those morons realize that Barack Obama IS NOT BLACK. He's fucking mixed. The black side of his family fucking abandoned him, and he was raised by his WHITE mother and WHITE grandparents. Fact is, the guy is more white then he is black. And I guarantee if he had a white wife, the blacks would not be supporting him like they are.

Also, I agree Shockey about the liberal fucking media. That shit you said about if Obama doesn't get elected, according to the media, it's only because of whites being racist, was spot on. But I find it hilarious that they neglect the fact that if Obama was fully white, with his experience and knowledge, he would've never been considered by the Democratic Party to represent them as their candidate for presidency. I guaranfuckingtee the only reason he got picked was because of his influence on the black community. That was the only reason, and yet, the media still wants to make the people who don't vote for him feel racist. It's ridiculous.

Now, with that said, I do like Obama. I'm not voting for him, but I have nothing against the guy. He seems like a good dude and should be proud of what he has been able to accomplish thus far in life and what he will accomplish in the future. He came from nothing, but was still able to go to fucking Harvard, become a senator, among other tremendous things. And now, he's on the verge of becoming the president of the United States. He is full proof that you can accomplish anything in this country. He's someone people can definitely look up to.

However, his foreign policies are a complete fucking joke in my opinion, and I just find it hard to trust his promises when it comes to the economy. When someone ALWAYS says shit you want to hear, there's something wrong. So, for those two reasons, he won't receive my vote. But also, McCain is not receiving my vote either. I am a registered Republican and even though I agree with McCain 100% with his stance on the Iraq War and pretty much all his foreign policies, I do not trust him with the economy. He hasn't said anything to make me believe he's the right person to turn things around. Also, I thought McCain was going to destroy Obama in these debates, but he's only done enough where the media can't have a highlight reel focusing on all the dumb shit he said. These debates were really where I was relying on him to make me feel I was definitely making the right choice by voting for him and Palin, but other then his foreign policies, the guy has said nothing that made me feel he would be the superior president over Obama.

In the end, all I can say is Bobby Jindal for president in 2012. Here's a guy I have the utmost respect for and have nothing but faith in that he would do great things for this country. If he runs in 2012, I will be at all the campaign rallies around my area, perhaps even join some sort of Jindal support team (can’t think of the word I’m looking for to describe that) as well. And that's not like me at all to do something like that, but that's how much faith I have in him. But hopefully, the World doesn't come to an end by the time he gets elected if he were to run, lol. That would suck.

I could have alot of fun picking the above post apart. But I've allready launched one of my hollywood liberal egghead communist tirades this week, and I want to go check out this e-fed you guys have; so I'll focus on one minor issue.

99% of blacks will vote for Barack Obama, with probably over 90% of that percentage only voting for him because of the color of his skin.

I guarantee if he had a white wife, the blacks would not be supporting him like they are.

if Obama was fully white, with his experience and knowledge, he would've never been considered by the Democratic Party to represent them as their candidate for presidency.

This is, to put it bluntly, wrong. Actually if I were going to put it bluntly I'd use the word ignorant a few dozen times, but like I said, I'm trying to keep things quick tonight.

Let me let you in on a little electoral trueism.

Black people vote Democrat. I'm not a political analyist but I think it has something to do with who supported the civil rights act and all that jazz. Anyway; to get back on point, in 2000 the black vote went 90% Democratic. In 2004 it went 88% Democratic. So I think that basicly blows the thoery 'Blacks will only vote for Obama becasue he's black" out of the water.

What Obama might bring to the table is increased Afro American turnout, but given that the bulk of the AA population resides in safely Democratic areas, and given that, even if 10,000,000 extra African Americas vote it will still only manifest it's self in a 1-2% gain for Obama; I think we can safely say that the theory that Obama only got the nomination becasue he was black is similarly blown out of the water. Why would the Democrats go to such lengths to sure up a vote that they allready had. If they were going for a tactical candidate they'd have picked someone who will carry Florida and with it the election.

As for the comment about his wife; I like to think that 12% of the American population isn't that stupid.

I could have alot of fun picking the above post apart. But I've allready launched one of my hollywood liberal egghead communist tirades this week, and I want to go check out this e-fed you guys have; so I'll focus on one minor issue.

This is, to put it bluntly, wrong. Actually if I were going to put it bluntly I'd use the word ignorant a few dozen times, but like I said, I'm trying to keep things quick tonight.

Let me let you in on a little electoral trueism.

Black people vote Democrat. I'm not a political analyist but I think it has something to do with who supported the civil rights act and all that jazz. Anyway; to get back on point, in 2000 the black vote went 90% Democratic. In 2004 it went 88% Democratic. So I think that basicly blows the thoery 'Blacks will only vote for Obama becasue he's black" out of the water.

What Obama might bring to the table is increased Afro American turnout, but given that the bulk of the AA population resides in safely Democratic areas, and given that, even if 10,000,000 extra African Americas vote it will still only manifest it's self in a 1-2% gain for Obama; I think we can safely say that the theory that Obama only got the nomination becasue he was black is similarly blown out of the water. Why would the Democrats go to such lengths to sure up a vote that they allready had. If they were going for a tactical candidate they'd have picked someone who will carry Florida and with it the election.

As for the comment about his wife; I like to think that 12% of the American population isn't that stupid.

Hook, Line and Sinker. That's the exact point of this thread. Thanks for bringing it up. African American's historically, at least recent history, have voted for the Democratic nominee. I get that, I understand that.

Now the flipside, Rural White America usually votes for the Republican ticket. So this year, it's different. Rural White America (historically voting Republican) will cost Barack Obama the election because of skin color, while the African American Community "rallies" behind Barack Obama. That's the exact point of this thread.

It's not about who you think is better, it's about the terrible double standard that exist in this election. African Americans have historically voted for Democrats, while Rural Whites have voted Republican. Yet, this year the Rural Whites are made out to be the racist? It's a terrible double standard.

I remember an interview with Obama's wife and she said something a long the lines of don't vote for Barack because the color of his skin, vote for Barack because you trust him, and have faith that he will lead this country,

I am a registered Democrat, but i cant stand Obama, its not because he's black, i just dont like him, i believe he's too young, he's inexperienced, and he's yet too tell me the change he is going to make.

What i find awkward is how i am getting made too look like a racist because i wont support Obama, but the same thing could be said to the African Americans who wont vote for McCain.

But anyways, Obama wont win this election because of his skin color he'll win because he's the best choice. Not in my eyes but whats one vote? Besides, i wouldnt call anyone racist, I'm voting for McCain not because he's white, its because i believe he's qualified.

No shit man, but how many black people have registered compared to the last election and/or the one before? And please answer why they registered? It has nothing to do with Barack's skin color?

So, you really believe that if Obama was white and had a white name like Bill Jones or something like that, with the same exact credentials he currently has, he would've been picked to run for president over Hilary Clinton?

Obama would've gotten non-stop flack if he had a white wife, and you know it. From both the black community and white. Even in this day and age, people still aren't comfortable with interracial dating. I personally don't have a problem with it (you can't help who you fall for), but the majority do, they just know how to hide it. For example, if Tiger Woods would've married a black woman, do you think his marriage would've gotten half the press it did? I personally don't think so and I think the only really reason people cared so much was because he was marrying a beautiful white woman.

Hook, Line and Sinker. That's the exact point of this thread. Thanks for bringing it up. African American's historically, at least recent history, have voted for the Democratic nominee. I get that, I understand that.

Now the flipside, Rural White America usually votes for the Republican ticket. So this year, it's different. Rural White America (historically voting Republican) will cost Barack Obama the election because of skin color, while the African American Community "rallies" behind Barack Obama. That's the exact point of this thread.

It's not about who you think is better, it's about the terrible double standard that exist in this election. African Americans have historically voted for Democrats, while Rural Whites have voted Republican. Yet, this year the Rural Whites are made out to be the racist? It's a terrible double standard.

Great point.

I'm not going to pretend I know much about American Politics. Because the extent of my knowledge was being told that one was good and one was bad this morning and searching one topic. (Based on that - Vote Democrat!) Due to this, this is going to be a general view of the topic, rather than directly linked to politics.

But anyway, I'm aware of what you're getting at with this topic. And I think it comes down to people believing Black people can't be racist. I've heard it being said too many times, and I've argued with all of them. The definition of racism is, to simplify, treating someone differently due to their race. Based on this, how can black people not be racist in the same way white people are?

People need to give up on it now. If Obama loses, it's not because he's black. It's because more people thought McCain was more qualified and would do a better job. what they'll complain about if he wins, I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back